Menu

Ignore this thread!

How do you acquire warning posts? Not that I'm wanting them or anything, just curious.

I don't know. I know someone who has them though. I could ask. 

My SIL is an OB/GYN, but she's not mine. I understand she is very very good, but that would just be too weird.

I would. I wouldn't mind her seeing me, but I would be concerned that I wouldn't like her, but would have to keep seeing her so it wouldn't be weird. I like male OBs.
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

My SIL is an OB/GYN, but she's not mine. I understand she is very very good, but that would just be too weird.

Dh doesn't go to her because his insurance company (which is different from mine) won't let him see a relative.  My insurance company doesn't appear to care. 

It did cause my primary doctor to do a double take when he saw that I was going to someone with the same last name. 

• Like 3

Dh doesn't go to her because his insurance company (which is different from mine) won't let him see a relative. My insurance company doesn't appear to care.

It did cause my primary doctor to do a double take when he saw that I was going to someone with the same last name.

My sister-in-law has exactly the same first and last name as I do. She's around my age and has the same hair color as I do. I've gotten into arguments with other doctors that I am not her. And what's more, there are 4 brothers and one sister in dh's family. These are the names of the 5 women - Kristin, Kristen, Christa, Christine and....Judy. Christine is dh's sister. The rest are the boys' wives. Dh and I were the last to get married, so it was kind of a foregone conclusion that we would get married when they found out my name.
  • Like 10

How do you acquire warning posts? Not that I'm wanting them or anything, just curious.

I got mine for "verbally attacking" a member.  Only said member was a troll and completely crazy.  So I got warning points and a couple bannings.  Years later I still have some of my warning points (some went away and apparently the rest are mine for life lol)

• Like 1

I got mine for "verbally attacking" a member.  Only said member was a troll and completely crazy.  So I got warning points and a couple bannings.  Years later I still have some of my warning points (some went away and apparently the rest are mine for life lol)

Ouch. :/ So, it's not like a 1 warning = 1 point thing, you get a lot of points? That's weird. 

• Like 1

Basketball game was lost. Potato salad was made whilst appreciating half glass of wine, The Piano Guys, and The Script.

Is it midnight now? It feels like midnight.

I miss wine...and margaritas...and coconut rum in Simply Orange juice. 

My husband is not pro-alcohol AT ALL. I don't have an issue, but he does. So, I don't drink just out of respect for him. But, dang, I miss it. (Which makes me sound like a lush, I think.)

• Like 4

Ouch. :/ So, it's not like a 1 warning = 1 point thing, you get a lot of points? That's weird. 

Each infraction has a different number of points, and if you already have points next time you get more.  I got 25 points for one offense once, 1 point for a different, 10 for a third.  All but 15 vanished when my bannings ended.  It's been years since I have gotten any but I still have 15 showing on my account.

• Like 2

Finished housework, school prep, food prep and have a workout plan and Bible plan in place. If you guys take bets on how long it lasts I won't be offended.

John is putting Riv to bed and somehow in the course of bedtime antics, he accidentally hit her in the eye. I'm really hoping for no black eye. That wouldn't be fun to explain at preschool. 

Matt gave me a black eye on our honeymoon. :laugh:

• Like 6

Finished housework, school prep, food prep and have a workout plan and Bible plan in place. If you guys take bets on how long it lasts I won't be offended.

Matt gave me a black eye on our honeymoon. :laugh:

Share your workout and Bible plans.

• Like 3

Share your workout and Bible plans.

Girlfriend and I are reading the same chapter every day and then discussing it when we get together. We're on John 5 and Psalm 5.

M - DDP Yoga(30min) + Tai Chi(10min)

T - Insanity(40min)

W - DDP Yoga(30min) + Tai Chi(10min)

R - Insanity(40min)

F - DDP Yoga(30min) + Tai Chi(10min)

S - Nothing

U - Nada

My current focus is flexibility, mobility and fat loss. I will work more on strength when I'm not as concerned about injury, but I'm in bad shape from the pregnancy and worried about my back.

• Like 5

It was 30 here today (that's 86 for you fahrenheiters, apparently) so we decamped to the beach for kayaking. 

Strange conversation of the day:
Mr. 13: "What's that weird stuff you have on your lips?"
Me: "Uh, lipstick?"
Mr. 13: "Oh. Yeah. Right..."
Me: "What did you think it was? The blood of my enemies?"
Mr. 13: "..." [looks as if he is seriously considering this proposition]

Question: can anyone tell me why Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday rather than on a fixed date? Is it so people can take Friday off and have a four day weekend to recover from too much turkey? 

• Like 10

Yay it's Dawn! (((Dawn)))

There is no such thing as too much turkey! :D

Good morning! I have a bit of Thanksgiving prep today, brief history reading w/kids, laundry to put away, and children's choir this afternoon. Dinner is soup.

Who posted the recipe to Becca's Booya Beef sometime last year? I saved the recipe but I lost it. It was slow cooker roast beef with horseradish and vegetables. Renai, is this one in the cookbook?

I need ibuprofin and coffee! Have a great day!

• Like 7

Still alive here.

I just spent about an hour with DD12 excavating the pile that developed in her room to the point where we could close her drop-leaf desk and I could actually put clean sheets on her bed.  I'm hungry and crabby, and when I got downstairs to get breakfast the cat was at the back door wanting back in.  I knew she was hungry. too.  It's DD12's job to feed the pets.

"You can meow at DD12 when she gets out of the bathroom," I grumped.

A moment later DD12 came out of the half bath.

"ME-YOOOWWWW!"

GOOD kitty!

• Like 10

Still alive here.

I just spent about an hour with DD12 excavating the pile that developed in her room to the point where we could close her drop-leaf desk and I could actually put clean sheets on her bed. I'm hungry and crabby, and when I got downstairs to get breakfast the cat was at the back door wanting back in. I knew she was hungry. too. It's DD12's job to feed the pets.

"You can meow at DD12 when she gets out of the bathroom," I grumped.

A moment later DD12 came out of the half bath.

"ME-YOOOWWWW!"

GOOD kitty!

You are incredibly productive today. I am still sitting in my jammas, and your cat rocks.

• Like 4

Here's what we are doing with our week off:

Staying in jammies for most of it

Reading

Drinking hot chocolate

Taking walks

Going to the library (they are showing Finding Dory tomorrow)

Working on my curriculum plan for next semester

Cleaning out the car

Take naps

Actually taking the donation stuff to the drop off (finally)

Buying Christmas presents

Reading some more

I might give myself a mani/pedi.

Maybe haircuts..maybe not.

Baking banana bread.

I may or may not do any or all of these things this week.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8