Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think a non fish Easter could like that recipe.

Everyone dies in Grimm. Seriously though, awesome episode. I didn't see some things coming and I'm usually good at guessing *everything* on a Tv show, so I was very pleased.

Very cheap recipe: Taco Soup

3 cans of various beans, drained

1 can of corn, drained

2 cans of stewed tomatoes

1 little thing of diced chilis

cumin

water

heat it

top it with chips and cheese

Takes 10 minutes and little dishes. It's a good emergency meal.

• Like 5

Everyone dies in Grimm. Seriously though, awesome episode. I didn't see some things coming and I'm usually good at guessing *everything* on a Tv show, so I was very pleased.

1 can of corn, drained

cumin

water

heat it

I love your phone. 

Yums.  We do something very similar, in a crock pot with a can of light beer thrown in.  The kids like it with sour cream swirled in.  Maybe we will have that tonight….  :leaving:

• Like 2

I love your phone.

Yums. We do something very similar, in a crock pot with a can of light beer thrown in. The kids like it with sour cream swirled in. Maybe we will have that tonight…. :leaving:

:lol:

I didn't even catch that.

• Like 4

I did not know this.  

Are you a barista IRL???  

Nope, no such luck.  If I was I would know how to get them to make beverages the way I truly want them.

• Like 1

Welcome!!!!!   

And no.  To qualify for such a prestigious position, you must first:

a) read every post of this entire monster

b) have at least 3 booyas under your belt

and

c) cut Slache down to size (she needs that at least once an hour)

But cut Slache down to size nicely.  She recently had a lot of dental trauma at the hands of a dentist, followed by dental surgery.  She's a little doped up on meds right now, and has an uncooperative phone.

5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

Congrats!  You get to be honorary Matriarch for the moment.  Just until I'm done teaching kids and can resume the real post.

• Like 1

Nan woke up too early!  (bag over head)  Is it bad to like it when Nan sleeps until 11 am?   :leaving:

Not bad at all.  Sleep is healing.  She needs plenty of it, and so do you.

• Like 2

But cut Slache down to size nicely. She recently had a lot of dental trauma at the hands of a dentist, followed by dental surgery. She's a little doped up on meds right now, and has an uncooperative phone.

Meds are gone. :crying:

1 can of corn, drained

cumin

water

heat it

Sounds yummy, and I think I have most of that on hand in the pantry already!

• Like 1

I love your phone. 

Yums.  We do something very similar, in a crock pot with a can of light beer thrown in.  The kids like it with sour cream swirled in.  Maybe we will have that tonight….  :leaving:

I did, and as someone raised Catholic I found the idea ironic and amusing!

I did, and as someone raised Catholic I found the idea ironic and amusing!

I just realized I quoted the wrong post.  I was referring to the non fish Easter, not the soup!

• Like 3

Overlooking the many artifacts of your phone and/or drugs the above describes my shopping method pretty closely.  I'm training the girls to do this, too, especially since they both can be hard to fit as well.  DD13's love of the idea of shopping is developing into a realization that it's not just all find-the-pretty-try-it-on-love-it-buy-it-be-admired-by-everybody.

Unless Nana.

Gotta say ladies, y'all have some stamina. I had hundreds of new emails this morning and almost all of them were updates to this thread. So what did I spend my time doing this fine and productive Monday am? Catching up. Good thing my kids don't know how I am spending my time. Especially when they continuously hear me say, "Go do something useful."

Also, I am seeing some shameful post-padding going on here. Do we need an intervention? Just sayin'.

• Like 3

Gotta say ladies, y'all have some stamina. I had hundreds of new emails this morning and almost all of them were updates to this thread. So what did I spend my time doing this fine and productive Monday am? Catching up. Good thing my kids don't know how I am spending my time. Especially when they continuously hear me say, "Go do something useful."

Also, I am seeing some shameful post-padding going on here. Do we need an intervention? Just sayin'.

No, not shameful.  Shameless!

• Like 3

So sad:-( but dude, seriously, how do you manage the sleep in the buff thing?!? Inquiring minds want to know... Now that you are sober:-)

I take my clothes off before I go to bed? We only have 2 kids and they sleep through anything. I find that being nawkid tends to make me more comfortable in my own skin. Matt loves it. Why don't you do it? You'll have more teA.

• Like 1

Gang, we have GOT to step up our game.  Participants in this thread should be DOMINATING the daily top posters list, but Sparkly Unicorn is beating us right now.

Time for more shameless post padding!

Oh, darn.  They finished their test.  I have to go teach again.

• Like 2

Gang, we have GOT to step up our game.  Participants in this thread should be DOMINATING the daily top posters list, but Sparkly Unicorn is beating us right now.

Time for more shameless post padding!

Oh, darn.  They finished their test.  I have to go teach again.

We should recruit Sparkly for our team.

• Like 4

c) cut Slache down to size (she needs that at least once an hour)

I've been thinking about this and the thing is that most people who seem self indulgent are actually very insecure. I think the right thing for you to do in this case is to constantly compliment me, and occasionally buy me presents.

• Like 5

I'm back again momentarily.  It is quite stormy here and we are having difficulties.  Luckily it is a shorter school day today, as we are winding down our school year and have finished some subjects.  DD10 was quite frustrated to find she completely forgot about some assigned reading.  It was the first half of one section that we aren't discussing until Wednesday, however, so I told her to just get it all read by then.  She is now reading on the couch and I have sent DD13 upstairs to put away her clean laundry for real.  No, cramming it all in a laundry basket and putting it in the middle of her bedroom floor doesn't count as "putting it away".

• Like 2

Good morning, good morning...

I'm grading papers. The papers were all in a big basket. Unsorted.

Been meaning to get to that since Christmas...

At least it isn't raining here anymore. I spent the weekend singing in the rain since the flashing around the chimney decided it would like to leak, ruin the ceiling and keep me busy tearing out ceiling, dealing with buckets, and so forth.

• Like 5

I take my clothes off before I go to bed? We only have 2 kids and they sleep through anything. I find that being nawkid tends to make me more comfortable in my own skin. Matt loves it. Why don't you do it? You'll have more teA.

Haha.

I would love it and so would Dh. Unfortunately, I find myself running out of bed in the middle of the night for whatever current in-law emergency is going on. We had to install a doorbell in our room because our walls are so thick that we couldn't hear them call in the middle of the night if there was a fall or some other such action. (Thick walls do come in handy in other ways though :wink:) Yes, I suppose I could grab a robe, but whatever the nighttime emergency is, it usually involves me lifting someone off the floor. Flashing almost 90 year old folks ranks right up there with eating moldy cheese and enemas, lol.

But, that is one of the things (the buff, not the cheese or enemas) that I am putting on my List.

What is the List, you may ask? (Or maybe not, but I am a little jazzed up on cafe right now so I am going to tell you anyway.)

The List consists of all of the things that I am looking forward to when we are empty nesters. Things that we used to do before we had kids or things that we never thought of and now want to do in our ahem, older age. I need this list because when my kids go forth from our home, I am going to be SAD. I mean, curl up in a ball on the floor and sob sad. (I rarely cry, like once every year or two, so that is a big ole sad.) I like my kids:-) but I know they need to go... So I decided a few years ago to start a list. When the time comes and they leave, I can look at the list and be remember that it is ok.

It will give me purpose. So nakey sleeping is added to the list. I thank you, Slashaboo.

• Like 6

I woke up to vomit again I though you guys would don't it entertaining that I really had to struggle to remember if Matt was my husband or my mom. (Answer =husband)

That is all.

#lastdayofpainkillers

#paitienthusband

My doc prescribed me a strong med for my migraines that had me loopy like that. Funny thing is, she gave me the least dose. I still had to split the pill in half.

Another affect of the med was I couldn't talk. I knew what I wanted to say, and it was even intelligent at times, but there seemed to be a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. I would start talking, then I couldn't finish. The words were there, but they wouldn't come out. It was weird.

I decided to just deal with minor migraines, or take only half a pill to reduce the severe migraine to a minor and then deal with it.

I used to like shopping, but I don't anymore.  It's not as much fun when you don't have much extra in the way of spending money and you're old enough to realize what credit cards really are (evil).

And I make my husband shop with DS for his clothes.  So then I can't be blamed when he "has nothing good to wear."

Thankfully, I haven't had a credit card in years. I used to like shopping when there were stores that had clothes that fit me. I used to love the local Korean shops because I knew I'd walk out with something that fit and looked good.

• Like 2

Okay, at the time I posted the above it WAS at the top of page 100.  I think our moderator might have come through and deleted the spam posts, so now Renai has top of page 100.

Oh, wow. Cool. I'd hate to steal your thunder, though.

I agree.  I like waistbands that hit my actual waist, too, for the same reasons.  Also, I have found that hip huggers kept pressing uncomfortably on certain nerves in the hips even before the baby seats formed there.  WAIST bands prevent this when they rise high enough, and I don't feel like my pants are going to fall off if I bend or stoop.

I also have LONG limbs and a short torso.  The current cultural preference is for longer torsos, and, if one tucks one's shirt in, wearing "higher" waisted pants and skirts gives a decidedly '80's tone to the outfit.  There are benefits to shirt-tucking (protection from waistband tags being one), but there are also inconveniences, too (increased "shirt creep" now that my bootie has spread).

I'd like the Jessica Fletcher look to come back in style.  I won't match it exactly, but I could be quite trendy if that were the current trend!

Yeah, hipsters come halfway up my butt. I'd look like the stereotypical plumber bending underneath the sink. Only, I wouldn't be bent over, just trying to walk normal.

HUH???  I mean, REALLY???????  

YOU SNAGGED THE CENTENNIAL SLOT ON THE IGNORE THREAD AND THIS WAS THE BEST YOU COULD DO??

I even skipped ahead in my catching-up, so eager was I to find out what sort of party I missed while sleeping.  

Soooo disappointed.  

I think it's already been explained about the spam being deleted. But, since I'd already opened the quote box in another tab, once I came back to the comment I decided to respond anyway. :D

• Like 1