Menu

Ignore this thread!

I've never seen the three stooges either. I have no class.

You are forgiven on the Stooges.  They are one thing DH finds funny that I just find irritating.  There is a lot of other, much better slapstick comedy out there.

I could write an entire book about how this lifestyle has benefited me, and how I keep it from being boring.

Hooray!  More minimalist wardrobe advice!  Much of the time I'm operating in this fashion because when I do find some pants or a shirt that fit I tend to buy several, so my wardrobe all looks alike.  I'm not an accessory person, either, so any advice on making my old stuff seem new without using accessories?

• Like 1

Ok, I'm seriously contemplating how pretty the living room would be if I painted it a soft pink so I should turn in.

Goodnight.

Ok, so, I'm not entirely sure that's the drugs talking. Our apartment has a lot of wood through it and I think pink would be cute.

Well, that turning in didn't last long!

• Like 2

Hooray! More minimalist wardrobe advice! Much of the time I'm operating in this fashion because when I do find some pants or a shirt that fit I tend to buy several, so my wardrobe all looks alike. I'm not an accessory person, either, so any advice on making my old stuff seem new without using accessories?

Nope. Slache loves accessories. Jewelry, scarves, big hair pieces. Sorry.

• Like 1

Ok. I'm temporarily sober and in a little pain. I've got about 15 minutes of clear posing ahead. It's past midnight. Oi. The meds are nauseating so I've developed this nightly ritual of running to the bathroom stark naked, puking as silently as I can so as not to wake anyone up and eating some mint ice cream before I go back to bed. Now, off to reply.

Ok, you have now impressed me in a big way. How in the world do you pull off sleeping in the buff!?! With middle-of-the-night getting up with boys and in-laws, I basically have to wear clothes to bed, lol. Anything else is too scandalous. Poor dh:lol:

• Like 3

Hey ladies, do you realize that we are only a couple pages away from our "centennial":-). This will be an occasion to commemorate, with banners and bands and people marching in the streets. The thread that wouldn't die. Pretty good for a thread that doesn't exist.

Must remember to prepare speeches.

• Like 2

Whoa, a live one! 

Are you here to discuss homeschooling, or just, uh, spamming?  Because when someone new posts a ton of links without explanation, we have learned NOT to click on them. 

Best of luck to you, either way.  :)

• Like 2

Here is a Cincinnati-style chili recipe :D

Ingredients:

1 Tbs vegetable oil

2 lbs ground beef

¼ cup chili powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp ground cumin

¼ tsp ground allspice

¼ tsp ground cloves

1 bay leaf

1 ounce square unsweetened chocolate

2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

2 TBS cider vinegar

¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper

¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese

½ cup chopped onion

Boil the beef in the broth until it has cooked down to an loose, but almost pasty consistency. There should be no chunks of beef. Cincinnati-style chili is more like a sauce than a chili. Then add the remaining ingredients except the onions and the cheese. Cover and simmer for about 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.

Cincinnati-style chili is typically served over either hotdogs and buns, or spaghetti, and in both cases, is topped with onions and cheese. Putting mustard on your hotdog before smothering it in chili can be a great addition, as well.

• Like 3