Menu

Ignore this thread!

People need to not spam this thread. This thing is sacred.

I have been clicking on "Report" on each post of zeller20's in this thread.  Despite our moderators' best efforts some spam posts do manage to get through, so it helps to report them when we encounter them.

Oh my word.  This is me with my kids every day.  "hit" and "just sort of push a little bit with your hand in a forceful way" are the SAME THING.  I don't care what you call it.  Don't do it.  :D

Well, there is actually a difference between a hit and a shove as well. Now if you had said "to move your hand, a bat, etc., quickly so that it touches someone or something in a forceful or violent way," then yes, those two are the same thing.

You're welcome.

Reference

Merriam-Webster. (2015). Hit. Retrieved from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hit

• Like 2

Hooray!  More minimalist wardrobe advice!  Much of the time I'm operating in this fashion because when I do find some pants or a shirt that fit I tend to buy several, so my wardrobe all looks alike.  I'm not an accessory person, either, so any advice on making my old stuff seem new without using accessories?

Oh, so that's how it's done. When something fits, especially pants, buy more than one pair. I'm so slow sometimes. Problem is, I hardly find pants that fit. I'm short with a big butt.

Bread is bad for ducks.

The wildlife rehabilitator in my family wanted me to scream that at you but I'm just saying it politely.

It makes ducks sick and can cause huge problems for their health.

Really?? I didn't know that.

DH went to Ft. Rucker for something once and came home with Mother Rucker shirts for us.  Yeah, thanks hon.  Can't wear THAT to homeschool co-op. 

We lived in Ft. Rucker for 9 years. 9 years of wasted childhood. But, it was nice. I'd go in the woods at the end of the street and have all kinds of imaginary adventures. I remember I lived on Foster Circle. It's still there. I saw the house on Google maps. This was waaaayyy back in the 80's. I had a koolaid stand at the corner. My mom fronted me with cash for the initial ingredients. I did well. I paid her back and expanded. By the end of the summer, I was selling koolaid, popsicles, fresh-picked blackberries, and popcorn. I was quite the entrepreneur. 

• Like 3