Menu

Ignore this thread!

117 new posts? Seriously?

Hey, we went paddling this morning first thing, then cleaned up afterward and got supper started.  Now I have multiple pages of catching up to do.  Again.

I love this thread.

• Like 2

All caught up and I had to retype 'caught' about 10 times.  I'm more tired than I thought.  DH is smoking shrimp and steaks -- guess I'll go do more supper prep.  I'm hungry after all of our paddling today, but it was really nice.

We saw some really cool spiders that RUN on the water.

All caught up and I had to retype 'caught' about 10 times.  I'm more tired than I thought.  DH is smoking shrimp and steaks -- guess I'll go do more supper prep.  I'm hungry after all of our paddling today, but it was really nice.

We saw some really cool spiders that RUN on the water.

I've heard of smoking many things - cigarettes, weed, cigars, etc. - never heard of smoking shrimp and steaks. How does that work?

• Like 2

Kinda. But I get to listen to people with different accents speak English. That's a little interesting.

That's racist. I'm doing these East Indian yoga tutorials on the interwebs by this Norwegian dude who teaches Brazilian Jujitsu in Utah. It's very multicultural.

• Like 3

That's racist. I'm doing these East Indian yoga tutorials on the interwebs by this Norwegian dude who teaches Brazilian Jujitsu in Utah. It's very multicultural.

Not racist at all. It's my job. They are doing the oral portion of an English test. I'm glad I'm used to different ethnicities and accents due to being a military brat.

His name is Sebastian. My husband doesn't like him. He said I can't call men adorable that have more hair than him and I said honey you have way more hair than most men it's just that most of it isn't on your head and he told me to find a female yoga instructor.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. The point of that was that his accent is adorable.

I understand you, remember? I'm sure you posted that for the others that just don't get you AT ALL. (Like the person who shall remain nameless that had the GALL to compare you to some fake blonde chic in a music video...)

His name is Sebastian. My husband doesn't like him. He said I can't call men adorable that have more hair than him and I said honey you have way more hair than most men it's just that most of it isn't on your head and he told me to find a female yoga instructor.

Your husband sounds adorable. :D

• Like 1

Not racist at all. It's my job. They are doing the oral portion of an English test. I'm glad I'm used to different ethnicities and accents due to being a military brat.

I didn't know you were a military brat! I grew up down the street from Moffett field.

• Like 1

I understand you, remember? I'm sure you posted that for the others that just don't get you AT ALL. (Like the person who shall remain nameless that had the GALL to compare you to some fake blonde chic in a music video...)

I love you.

• Like 1

Ya'll are full of mess.  It is taking everything I have ATM to not fall asleep on the couch with Lily cat in my lap at 7 pm.  ZZZZZZZ......

Little dd wants me to get her a book she started reading at Half Price Books with her dad last night while I was at karaoke and laser tag with my middle aged mom peeps last night.  It was about "the history of dogs" and nonfiction and called "The Underdog" and written by a man whose first name starts with an I and last name starts with a Z.  Yet, my searches turn up nothing so I am putting you all loose on that project.  Sadly, I have failed.  Why she did not ask her dad to buy it for her last night, I do not know.  He would have.  I am wanting to jump in the car and rush over to buy it for her since she was really adorable about it, but my couch and my cat are too comfy.

The crazy dog barked at 3 am and I had to take her to the garage.  Then I had trouble going back to sleep.  

• Like 1

I didn't know you were a military brat! I grew up down the street from Moffett field.

Spent most of my childhood at Ft. Rucker, AL. Went to Germany for a couple of years as a teen. Dad retired from Ft. Hood, Tx. That's where I get my Texan from, you see.

Ya'll are full of mess.  It is taking everything I have ATM to not fall asleep on the couch with Lily cat in my lap at 7 pm.  ZZZZZZZ......

Little dd wants me to get her a book she started reading at Half Price Books with her dad last night while I was at karaoke and laser tag with my middle aged mom peeps last night.  It was about "the history of dogs" and nonfiction and called "The Underdog" and written by a man whose first name starts with an I and last name starts with a Z.  Yet, my searches turn up nothing so I am putting you all loose on that project.  Sadly, I have failed.  Why she did not ask her dad to buy it for her last night, I do not know.  He would have.  I am wanting to jump in the car and rush over to buy it for her since she was really adorable about it, but my couch and my cat are too comfy.

The crazy dog barked at 3 am and I had to take her to the garage.  Then I had trouble going back to sleep.  

More info please. The first hit was a young adult novel, but the initials were M. Z. I know that's not it. I'm still looking.

More info please. The first hit was a young adult novel, but the initials were M. Z. I know that's not it. I'm still looking.

That is all she can remember.  <sob> 

I'm thinking it would really be easier to drive her there, and I am taking bets on how long I can hold off on just that...the winner gets to be an honorary Texan for a whole year.

hmmmm - maybe The Underdogs by Julia Szabo?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Underdog-A-Celebration-Mutts/dp/B001QCX24C

• Like 1

Spent most of my childhood at Ft. Rucker, AL. Went to Germany for a couple of years as a teen. Dad retired from Ft. Hood, Tx. That's where I get my Texan from, you see.

I've lived in the bay area, Portland Oregon, Washington D.C., New Orleans area, Cincinnati Ohio and now I'm back to Portland. Eventually we're moving to outside of Cinci when or depots paid off.

• Like 2

hmmmm - maybe The Underdogs by Julia Szabo?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Underdog-A-Celebration-Mutts/dp/B001QCX24C

I showed her this one earlier, and she says no.  I think she may have some of her information wrong or we may be dealing with an earlier edition so the look of the cover has changed.

If I decide to put on pants (change from pj pants) and drive her down there, I will post back on what book it is.

• Like 3

I showed her this one earlier, and she says no.  I think she may have some of her information wrong or we may be dealing with an earlier edition so the look of the cover has changed.

If I decide to put on pants (change from pj pants) and drive her down there, I will post back on what book it is.

there's another edition https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-_QgX7GAwQjDgnK_S2L72ToPq7u3t3d1d1ocfr9beiFfywt0XG0_fKQ

I've heard of smoking many things - cigarettes, weed, cigars, etc. - never heard of smoking shrimp and steaks. How does that work?

Quite well if you have good equipment!

• Like 1

I have not been on a date in years. Play footsie for me.

Footsie played, margarita consumed, awesomest-sitter-in-the-world paid and driven home.

Tell your hubby I said he needs to take you on a date!  (I know; dates are expensive.  We live in a very expensive area and until recently dh had a very…shall we say, modest income.  Thankfully a job change, plus a friend whose lovely daughter will sit kiddos for cheap, allows us one date night per month now.  It really is refreshing.)

Really, you need to date.  Matt, that is.  Not Renai.   :D

• Like 5

That is all she can remember.  <sob> 

I'm thinking it would really be easier to drive her there, and I am taking bets on how long I can hold off on just that...the winner gets to be an honorary Texan for a whole year.

I give it two minutes, unless you are checking the thread frequently.  Then I give it two pages.

I've lived in the bay area, Portland Oregon, Washington D.C., New Orleans area, Cincinnati Ohio and now I'm back to Portland. Eventually we're moving to outside of Cinci when or depots paid off.

You have a depot?

Matt says I should not be posting right now. :crying:

Imma go have dinner. Good luck in book search.

Good nutrition is helpful when recovering from surgery.  Go eat and get better.

Now both she and dh say this is it.  You are an honorary Texan for a whole year.   :D

Wait a minute!  That honor was supposed to be for predicting how long you would hold out before driving DD back to the book store!  I'm find with awarding a duplicate prize for finding the book, but now how will we decide who predicted closest?

WARNING: GROSS AND USELESS INFORMATION ALERT

Did you know there are such things as coffee enemas???????  (Dh is googling such things right now.  Do not ask why.)

I actually did know this.  No personal experience or anything.  I'm open to a lot of things, but this is not one of them.

• Like 1