Menu

Ignore this thread!

I had better ones pregnant. One was that I was pregnant with a kitten, but told everyone I was having a baby. I was incredibly embarrassed. Everyone would know soon and I'd have to give all I'd the gifts back and explain to my boss that I didn't want to quit. I was terrified to breastfeed a kitten.

What's with all the kitten pregnancy dreams????

• Like 1

Sounds like a good diet to me, for the most part!  Just not the gays.  I draw the line at eating any people.  Studied cannibalism in college, but decided I wasn't quite ready to try it for myself.  I'll take anthropology only so far.

Some of us cannibals are okay. Toes taste good with ketchup. (at least, that's what I tell my girls)

• Like 4

I keep trying, but I'm not good at learning languages.  I keep getting them mixed up with German....

I've done a few languages, but am only fluent in Spanish. Believe it or not, I was actually getting pretty good at Japanese before meeting my husband. I lived in Germany for two years, but have forgotten most of it. Every time I start back again though, it comes back to me. I think I'll teach youngest. In my prek class, I had my class greeting each other in ten different languages (other than English), and counting in three. It was fun.

• Like 2

I'm still debating whether to click that link. for some reason, seeing "eater" and "human flesh" together just didn't turn me on. And I'm a professed cannibal (I limit myself to my own children though. They are so sweet, I can't help myself).

better not then

• Like 1

I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats.

I also belong on a fertility board, and I hear so many kitten dreams from women in early (usually) pregnancy. I must say, I have never dreamed of birthing a kitten. Twins, yes. Human twins, that is. Kittens, no.

Our old church was like that. Whenever something happened you had two weeks of food brought to you and I had no problem calling someone in the middle of the day to take me to the hospital because our insurance wouldn't cover an ambulance. We moved away but they really took care of each other. It's great knowing not only that your can call someone at one in the morning with an emergency, but that people are comfortable calling you at one in the morning with an emergency.

Here, I was part of the church, homeschool group, and mommy meetup. WE were really good about feeding each other. Between those three, after I had the youngest, I think I had meals for a month. I like to pay it forward. I may not be able to give people rides, but I'm a darn good cook and I WILL FEED PEOPLE. That, and call. I like to call and visit people to make sure they are okay and see if they need anything.

Wish I lived closer to you Slache.

• Like 1

better not then

Too late. I already did. It is taking a really long time to load though, so I'll see how much I get through. Probably the whole thing since there's words and I can't help myself except to read everything. Sigh.

I've done a few languages, but am only fluent in Spanish. Believe it or not, I was actually getting pretty good at Japanese before meeting my husband. I lived in Germany for two years, but have forgotten most of it. Every time I start back again though, it comes back to me. I think I'll teach youngest. In my prek class, I had my class greeting each other in ten different languages (other than English), and counting in three. It was fun.

My Spanish comes right back if I make an effort.

• Like 1

Hello back atcha. I had to start on page 90. 90! I finally made it here. Phew!

Me too!  Except it's morning now.  Y'all were busy last night!  We had good friends over for dinner.  Fun. 

Openhearted - so sorry to hear about your Dad.  Hope he improves today!

Cannibalism - wasn't there a band called Fine Young Cannibals?  (She drives me crazy.....  I'm going to be singing that all day now....ugh....)

Slache - so glad Matt is staying home today after all.  Meds are good, but I don't recommend ordering curriculum while you're on them, lol, they'll take you further than you meant to go. 

Ellie - I love Goodnight My Someone and The Music Man!

• Like 3

((((HUGS))))  Openhearted.  That is too much for one time.

Marian the librarian, dude.

Nan is still asleep, but I need to get her up because my BIL who is a jerk is coming to see her.  I am waiting for him to be a jerk to me (who is taking care of his grandma) in my house, and I will vote him off the island in a New York Minute.

My new theme song is "Ain't nobody got time for that."  I love Sweet Brown, and I want to be her best friend.

• Like 4

Kiddos and Dh are gone until dinner time. QUICK! Throw out half of everything we own and clean whatever's left!!!!

:leaving:

I never throw stuff out when the owner isn't looking. I'd feel too guilty if they missed it. I have a huge blue bucked in the top of the closet that I put neglected toys in. If nobody's asks about it for a few months out goes.

• Like 1

I never throw stuff out when the owner isn't looking. I'd feel too guilty if they missed it. I have a huge blue bucked in the top of the closet that I put neglected toys in. If nobody's asks about it for a few months out goes.

You're very kind.  

I have a hybrid approach:  Certain items that may be special to someone get thrown in a bin in the crawlspace for a few months, and then get dumped if forgotten.  But many other items go directly to the garbage cans.  McDonaldy-type toys, party favor junk, CRAFTS…. these things multiply exponentially around here.  Crafts are the worst, because my kids don't have screen time most days and they instead spend hours being creative with reams and reams of paper plus any recyclable they can get their hands on.  Which is good I know.  But messy.  I just recycled three kitchen trash bins of mostly paper this morning… all crafts created in just the last two weeks.  If it's quality, I store it, and if it's too large to store I take a picture of it… but most of it is just a result of fine-motor practice, the kind of creation where process was more important than product anyway.  

I have in the past suggested to ds7 that he go through his things with me and help make decisions, but he crumbled and said he just couldn't and preferred that I do it alone.  He and dh are hoarders, is what it all comes down to.  But both understand where that can lead (mil was a hoarder, too), and thankfully they tolerate lil' ole' minimalist me without too much fuss.   :001_smile: 

• Like 2

You're very kind.

I have a hybrid approach: Certain items that may be special to someone get thrown in a bin in the crawlspace for a few months, and then get dumped if forgotten. But many other items go directly to the garbage cans. McDonaldy-type toys, party favor junk, CRAFTS…. these things multiply exponentially around here. Crafts are the worst, because my kids don't have screen time most days and they instead spend hours being creative with reams and reams of paper plus any recyclable they can get their hands on. Which is good I know. But messy. I just recycled three kitchen trash bins of mostly paper this morning… all crafts created in just the last two weeks. If it's quality, I store it, and if it's too large to store I take a picture of it… but most of it is just a result of fine-motor practice, the kind of creation where process was more important than product anyway.

I have in the past suggested to ds7 that he go through his things with me and help make decisions, but he crumbled and said he just couldn't and preferred that I do it alone. He and dh are hoarders, is what it all comes down to. But both understand where that can lead (mil was a hoarder, too), and thankfully they tolerate lil' ole' minimalist me without too much fuss. :001_smile:

We have a nightly list that takes care of crafts and such. All surfaces are are picked up and wiped every night which is super easy and fast when done every day and prevents a buildup of junk. We also use sketch books to combat the loose paper everywhere problem. We don't go to McDonald's etc. because we're poor. :D

Break over… less than two hours left to get everything done! Thankfully dinner is cooked and a sitter will be arriving to serve it. Date night, here I come. It will be soooo nice to just sit down with a margarita my husband.

:leaving:

I have not been on a date in years. Play footsie for me.

• Like 2

I'm having a date with myself. 
I got my dd, my dh, and my nephew down for a nap. The first two are easy.
The nephew? He despises sleep. It's horrible. But, I got him down in under 30 minutes. Didn't even take chloroform! :lol: 
I'm seriously patting myself on the back right now. :hurray:  :hurray: 
Just wish I had some wine. 

• Like 4