Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ds is doing copy work of his own volition.  Which is great, except that I really need to do other schoolwork with him right now before baby awakes.  

So do I interrupt a child who is happily unwittingly completing schoolwork, just so that I can do other schoolwork?  The dilemma.  

Nope. Leave him be. You will just have to trust me on that.

Not sacrificing. Restructuring.

Believe me, when the urge to write strikes a child, get the heck out of the way and do a little dance when nobody is watching. 

It's a beautiful thing.

That's right.  Never wake a sleeping baby.  Never interrupt a 2nd grade boy while writing. 

• Like 5

JoJosMom skip this post ;)

I needed a tooth pulled because I didn't have room with my wisdom teeth coming in, but instead of pulling my wisdom tooth we pulled the weakest molar. My wisdom tooth has now half way filled the hole. It's been less than a week. I wish the rest of my body was that efficient. In other news I'm completely miserable. Every morning I wake up with a mouth full of saliva and blood, and an upset stomach presumably because I have a tummy full of saliva and blood. I just wanna go back on Percocet and be stupid again. It was easier. I have to go to work today and I don't want to, and Matt is leaving me with the kids tomorrow and I don't want to do that. I'm cranky.

• Like 1

That's right. Never wake a sleeping baby. Never interrupt a 2nd grade boy while writing.

I had a hard time with Mary with the first one. She popped out, went to sleep immediately afterwards and slept for 11 hours. I kept asking the nurse if we should wake her to feed her and they said no.

• Like 2

I needed a tooth pulled because I didn't have room with my wisdom teeth coming in, but instead of pulling my wisdom tooth we pulled the weakest molar. My wisdom tooth has now half way filled the hole. It's been less than a week. I wish the rest of my body was that efficient. In other news I'm completely miserable. Every morning I wake up with a mouth full of saliva and blood, and an upset stomach presumably because I have a tummy full of saliva and blood. I just wanna go back on Percocet and be stupid again. It was easier. I have to go to work today and I don't want to, and Matt is leaving me with the kids tomorrow and I don't want to do that. I'm cranky.

*shudder* (mustering the strength to approach)

:grouphug:

:leaving:

:grouphug:   Yay, wisdom tooth.  Boo saliva and blood.  I'm sorry. 

• Like 1

This just reminded me of something, my fellow couch md's. I have been getting dizzy for the last few months. But it is only when I tip my head in a certain direction. This would indicate fluid in the ear, but the dr didn't see much. So when I lay on my left side, I get a wave of dizzy, but then it equalizes and I am fine. Until I get up... Lol. Anyone experienced this. Maybe I just need to load up on Claritin for a while:-( it isn't horrible. Just mildly irritating.

That sounds very much like BPPV. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

It is fixable by specially trained physiotherapists who will make you get into certain positions very quickly to rearrange the tiny fragments of stuff in your ear labyrinth.

• Like 3

I have 3 dogs.

Bear is a newfie mutt from a native village on the northern BC coast.  I posted a pic of him waaay earlier http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/545334-ignore-this-thread/?p=6307069

Daisy is at our best guess a malamute x german shepherd

Darwin in a pb field English Setter

Thanks!  Pic is cute, but I'm not good at identifying dog breeds, so I was just wondering.

I've only had two dogs in my life.  The first was a hand-me-down-rescue-mutt-get-this-worm-ridden-creature-out-of-my-10-year-old-life-why-must-you-bury-the-food-I-just-fed-you type of dog which caused me to hate dogs.  He barked at anyone with a beard, which meant he hated our milkman.  I think the feeling was mutual.

The other was one my husband got from a rescue.  Cocker spaniel.  He was so well-behaved and cute, and made me realize I didn't actually hate dogs - just the one I had growing up. :)  He died of cancer, andnow DS is allergic (so was DH, but he sucked it up) so we are sans animals.

ETA:  LOL - if I had kept reading the thread I would have seen he was a Newfie.  I really need to carve out some time to read the whole thread. :)  I'm such a slacker.

• Like 3

It is fixable by specially trained physiotherapists who will make you get into certain positions very quickly to rearrange the tiny fragments of stuff in your ear labyrinth.

I am so impressed:-) the hive is truly a well-spring of little-known facts. Thanks for that!

Whoa.  Adding this to my medical repertoire because I love to collect stuff like this.

• Like 3

Seriously, though. What kind of dr should I be looking for, ent? How long did you have it before you had it fixed?

Physiotherapists are the ones you want to call. I know it seems like it's an ENT thing but if a gp has ruled out infection & sinusitis, call physio offices until you find someone who has the training for canalith repositioning. http://www.physio-pedia.com/Benign_Positional_Paroxysmal_Vertigo_%28BPPV%29

Mine was sudden and severe. One morning I simply could not get out of bed because everything was moving & I was stumbling because I couldn't tell which way was up. I saw a gp & they ran through their tests to r/o strokes and tumors etc & then I was referred to physio. I think I got an appointment w/ the specially trained physio 2 days later but by then my symptoms had alleviated mostly on their own. He ran me through some of the exercises anyway & it's been gone ever since.

• Like 1

Physiotherapists are the ones you want to call. I know it seems like it's an ENT thing but if a gp has ruled out infection & sinusitis, call physio offices until you find someone who has the training for canalith repositioning. http://www.physio-pedia.com/Benign_Positional_Paroxysmal_Vertigo_%28BPPV%29

Mine was sudden and severe. One morning I simply could not get out of bed because everything was moving & I was stumbling because I couldn't tell which way was up. I saw a gp & they ran through their tests to r/o strokes and tumors etc & then I was referred to physio. I think I got an appointment w/ the specially trained physio 2 days later but by then my symptoms had alleviated mostly on their own. He ran me through some of the exercises anyway & it's been gone ever since.

Thanks. I am going to try the maneuver that Jean posted and if it doesn't do the trick, I will be looking for a physiotherapist:-)

So sorry you went through all of that. I'm lucky, mine is just irritating. The worst days were the first few.

Confession, Quackers.  I lied.  I'm a total control freak.  I totally get it.

More :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: .

I have ONE.  And God made her my COMPLETE opposite.  Oh, the growth opportunities.

Even more :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: .

I love this.  What a great perspective!

• Like 4

:crying:  So sorry to hear that.   :grouphug:

• Like 1

Ds worked on his superhero book AND we got my own school plans accomplished AND we drove all over the place looking at houses with shingle choices I need to decide between.  {Between which I need to decide??  Ellie??}

Pewter Gray, I think.  I'd like even darker, but the only darker option is a flat charcoal shade that looks awfully cheap in the rain (it is raining today). Shiny. Streaky.  Cheap.  Pewter gray has a lot more definition and no rain streaks. 

I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see what I choose.  

• Like 4

Pewter gray.

This thread has made me realize that dental issues make me woozy.  I'm good with most things, but dental is different for some reason.  I would never pull my kids' teeth.  They had to pull each other's.  It grossed me out too much.  I have watched multiple childbirths and helped folks with huge gashes.  I have removed dh's and ds's stitches, superglued myself together when I got a tin can cut, was present at my dh's vasectomy and watched some of it, held a lady's arm which was broken (the nurse at the hospital asked me for my help), and watched my dad get a weird blob of something removed from his back.  But no teeth, thank you very much.  I think it is a very good thing I have no wisdom teeth.

• Like 2

Pewter gray.

This thread has made me realize that dental issues make me woozy. I'm good with most things, but dental is different for some reason. I would never pull my kids' teeth. They had to pull each other's. It grossed me out too much. I have watched multiple childbirths and helped folks with huge gashes. I have removed dh's and ds's stitches, superglued myself together when I got a tin can cut, was present at my dh's vasectomy and watched some of it, held a lady's arm which was broken (the nurse at the hospital asked me for my help), and watched my dad get a weird blob of something removed from his back. But no teeth, thank you very much. I think it is a very good thing I have no wisdom teeth.

We all have our own issues. Mine are fingernails and v*ginas. In and of themselves they're fine, but malfunctions in those areas are catastrophic to me.

• Like 1

Ds worked on his superhero book AND we got my own school plans accomplished AND we drove all over the place looking at houses with shingle choices I need to decide between. {Between which I need to decide?? Ellie??}

Pewter Gray, I think. I'd like even darker, but the only darker option is a flat charcoal shade that looks awfully cheap in the rain (it is raining today). Shiny. Streaky. Cheap. Pewter gray has a lot more definition and no rain streaks.

I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see what I choose.

Sell your house and move to Oregon.

• Like 1

We all have our own issues. Mine are fingernails and v*ginas. In and of themselves they're fine, but malfunctions in those areas are catastrophic to me.

Oh, I forgot.  I don't do feet - only baby/toddler feet.  I seriously find feet repulsive, particularly men's feet.  They should never wear sandals.  They are terrible.  

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot. I don't do feet - only baby/toddler feet. I seriously find feet repulsive, particularly men's feet. They should never wear sandals. They are terrible.

I have got seriously sexy feet. Great curvature, great nails, soft. I'm sorry you can't appreciate them.

• Like 4

Teeth - This isn't a bad post, but JoJos mom can still skip it. 

My girls are expert baby teeth pullers.  As soon as something gets lose, they work it until it's out.  Two of my sons had to have multiple appts to pull various baby teeth.  Those suckers would not come out! 

My own wisdom teeth oral surgery experience was grand.  I may have mentioned it about 20 pages ago.  Another pill and a homemade chocolate milkshake every time I woke up.  Floaty drugs, lots of sleep, chocolate.  Sometimes I wish I could do it again even though it was 20 years ago. 

• Like 2

I have got seriously sexy feet. Great curvature, great nails, soft. I'm sorry you can't appreciate them.

Me too. They are small. I was a 5.5 my entire life until I had kids, then went to 6.5. High arches. DS12 has feet that dwarf mine. He used to throw my shoes on to take out the trash (I know :-( at least he was always wearing socks.) Now, he can't, he he. Dh loves my feet and hands. They were his two favorite parts even way back when the rest of my parts were much lovelier:-)

• Like 1

I don't mind nicely kept women's feet. But gnarly men feet or stinky teenage feet - nope. I wish my dh would wear socks all the time. I do not want to see his feet or accidentally be touched by them. Ewwwww.

Stinky boy feet. Yuck. My guys decided it would be fun the other day to crack each other's toes... SERIOUSLY!?! I thought I was going to hurl. Boys. I pretty much made them boil their hands in oil before they came near me again that day.

Man feet get judged on a case by case basis. Dh has cute feet. He is also very well-groomed and clean, so he doesn't gross me out. Not that I will be cracking his toes anytime soon, ug.

Stinky boy feet. Yuck. My guys decided it would be fun the other day to crack each other's toes... SERIOUSLY!?! I thought I was going to hurl. Boys. I pretty much made them boil their hands in oil before they came near me again that day.

Man feet get judged on a case by case basis. Dh has cute feet. He is also very well-groomed and clean, so he doesn't gross me out. Not that I will be cracking his toes anytime soon, ug.

Ewwwwww, your boys. :zombie:

My dh has very good hygiene.  He was raised by women so he has woman hygiene.  :D  But his feet, though, clean, still gross me out.  It's a thing I cannot overcome.

• Like 1