Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Some owls will eat frogs. 

We're in Harrisburg PA.  About 3 hour drive, got out and my back was killing me again.  I think from tensing up at points during the drive.   Advil, ice pack, then the hotel hot tub and it's feeling pretty good now.  Hopefully it stays that way for the week because we have lots of activity on the agenda - Hershey Park, lots of walking, a 3 hour canoe ride, swimming.

My wands for my wizard camp came out really cool and once again I forgot to take a picture.

Harrisburg is almost home!  I grew up in York.  :)

• Like 4

On 6/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, KrissiK said:

One batch of apricot jam done. It is so beautiful!!!! And so delicious!!!

CF188804-1321-4953-A11E-8ECDCA66DD4F.jpeg

I can't wait until apricots are ready here! The two trees at the top of the hill survived the frosts, and the landlord hinted that they are mine for the taking (he's always said we could have them). Dh found another tree in the river that finally fruited this year. The fruit is beautiful! We're hoping no one else knows about it, lol! (Not too many people walk that way.)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Send me some? we LOVE apricot jam here but it is so hard to find. The little jars of Smuckers All Fruit is so expensive and lasts hardly a week. (The regular Smauckers is too full of corn syrup)

I'd love to send you some. I'm just not sure how to package it so the jars don't break!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Some owls will eat frogs. 

We're in Harrisburg PA.  About 3 hour drive, got out and my back was killing me again.  I think from tensing up at points during the drive.   Advil, ice pack, then the hotel hot tub and it's feeling pretty good now.  Hopefully it stays that way for the week because we have lots of activity on the agenda - Hershey Park, lots of walking, a 3 hour canoe ride, swimming.

My wands for my wizard camp came out really cool and once again I forgot to take a picture.

I was about to say we should meet up until I remembered we moved. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I really really wanted to go canoeing on a river this Sunday, but the canoeing outfitters are toofar away and too expensive for our whole family.  We will have to settle for a canoe on a lake at a state park.  Which I'm sure will be nice.  Or we could drive all the way down to Memphis and go to IKEA and the weird pyramid Bass Pro Shop.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Sunday is done. Church was fine except Captain could not keep in his seat, Son 3 and DD were actively at each other's throats, and Son 2 threw up again so couldn't go AGAIN! He has weird food issues but we think it is something mental as he seems to get sick a lot on Sunday mornings. He's gone to Church I think 2 times since we moved here 2 months ago.

Dh and I do the 18 mo to 3 yr old class. It is 1 hour long. We had 10 kids today (18 on the roll). I need ideas for toys. We play for about 25-30 mins.. The room is not large enough for riding toys or other loud/large items. We have some Fisher Price chunky cars and car garage, some wooden blocks, some puzzles, 2 babies, a few books (that do not get looked at), a play phone, shape sorter, and stacking circles, and that is about it. There is also a small storage box of Fisher Price Little People in the cabinet but not a kid played with them the first couple weeks. There are 3 adults, usually, in the room.

How about a box of play dishes/cookware & food? That's pretty popular in our church nursery.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I really really wanted to go canoeing on a river this Sunday, but the canoeing outfitters are toofar away and too expensive for our whole family.  We will have to settle for a canoe on a lake at a state park.  Which I'm sure will be nice.  Or we could drive all the way down to Memphis and go to IKEA and the weird pyramid Bass Pro Shop.

River is high on my list of places to go soon. But this week is going to be less than ideal because of vacationing families. Maybe next week. 

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I had forgotten about the holiday week - state parks might be packed.  Though maybe they will all be on their way home by Sunday.

I don't have to drive anyone back and forth to camp today or any day this week!!  I might just be able to get something done.  The pantry is priority at this point.  I have a short meeting this morning but nothing else planned.  We can go to the kid's jam tonight if the kids want to.

Coffee!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We're canoeing on the Susquehanna on Wednesday.   We originally were going to get a canoe for dh and I, and kayaks for the kids (or I could switch off with one of them).  They are experienced since we have a canoe and kayaks on our lake and they use them quite a bit.  But when we looked at the map/details from the place we're renting them from (we don't have a way to transport ours that far), there were very specific paths you need to follow to avoid rocks, etc.  We weren't sure the kids were ready for that and since it's our first time on this river, we decided to play it safe and get two canoes so each kid is with an adult.  

Back is better today.  I'm getting kind of sick of this on again/off again crap.   Not that I want it to hurt all the time but just be done already.  When we are back from vacation next week I'm going to start daily yoga/tai chi and kickboxing.  Maybe building some muscle and flexibility will help keep it from happening again.  Oh yeah, and dh is going to go pick up the sand I need.  😆

• Like 7

My mother is here with us in a different room.  She called dh's phone at 7:30 this morning to ask if we were awake yet.  Well, those of us that weren't awake woke up from you calling.  The room is decent size but not so big we couldn't hear the phone ring.  😒

• Sad 3

I can't take Nyquil, it keeps me awake.   I take Dayquil when I need the decongestant and want to sleep.  

Advil PM also keeps me awake now.   I do take Benedryl almost every day (1/2 a dose) for allergies but was able to take Advil PM before.  Some reason it stopped working and then started making my RLS worse.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

THAT'S what that pyramid is??  I remember it from Everytime we drove from Texas to Virginia.  Memphis was halfway.

It seems to me that it used to be an athletic arena of some kind and then became Bass Pro with a restaurant and hotel and bowling alley.  And a glass elevator that you can ride way up to the top for $10.

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I had to leave the house early to go to a doctor's appointment, the follow-up for my colonoscopy.  I have a stomach infection, so antibiotics.  And I have to get another colonoscopy in five years.  Ok.  This is do-able.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning, Whitehawk!  Are you making things go today?

We're back from OT, dishwasher running, recycling put out, two online accounts updated. DS is washing the table. I need to start a load of laundry while he does piano and then we'll have school, lunch, bank, laundromat, probably a grocery run--I have to see what's for dinner. And I need to replace the kitty litter and put out the trash. The living room is overdue for vacuuming.

I guess I'd better be making things go!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!!😩😩😩😩😩 Although it is only a “three-day week” because of the holiday and DH’s plant is closed on Friday. But it’s going to be a crazy week. Lots of appointments and Friday someone (me or DH) has to take middle DD up to camp. For some reason the church decided on the weekend camp this year.😡 Not Happy about that.

DD1 has a follow-up appt. at the allergist this morning.

I start work today. It’s my official start date, although I had training last Monday and I spent the past week watching training videos, etc. at home on my laptop. But, today I get my roster and have to (get to) call my families and introduce myself and all that good stuff.

I slept horrible last night. I’m finding that unless I either take a couple Benadryl or squirt Afrin up my nose, I don’t sleep well. I wonder if it's Lack of oxygen or what,

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

We're back from OT, dishwasher running, recycling put out, two online accounts updated. DS is washing the table. I need to start a load of laundry while he does piano and then we'll have school, lunch, bank, laundromat, probably a grocery run--I have to see what's for dinner. And I need to replace the kitty litter and put out the trash. The living room is overdue for vacuuming.

I guess I'd better be making things go!

Okay, I bought and scheduled Spanish classes for next year. Dishes and laundry are going. Here we go a-schooling.

• Like 4

We walked over to City Island in Harrisburg today.  Dd saw the river and really really wants to kayak instead of being in a canoe with a parent.  So we may see if we can switch back to one canoe and two kayaks.

We're back at the hotel relaxing until dinner, then we're doing the preview time at Hershey on tomorrow's tickets after dinner.  We're going to try and avoid the middle hottest part of the day or at least leave open the option of avoiding the hottest part of the day by going tonight, going first thing in the morning, then leaving and going back tomorrow evening.

• Like 5

My mother was having trouble with the walking so I ended up running back for the car and driving over to City Island to pick up dh, mom and dd (ds walked back with me and regretted it before we were halfway).    I'm really mad that I didn't bring my fitbit because I'd have a ton of steps this week,  

• Like 5

My kids are super home-bodies.  Ds doesn't want to go out for dinner, doesn't want to do the preview at Hershey.   The few hours we spent at City Island were enough for him.  He's just going to have to grin and bear it.

We went on a paddle boat ride on the river.  It was a beautiful day on the river.  

ETA:  A river boat booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 8

So dh finally heard about the harmful chemicals in sunscreens and decided we needed to get the more natural options.  So we bought mineral sunscreen and sprays.  Ds hates them because you need to rub them in and they don't rub in well, they stay white.  Dd doesn't care if she still looks white, but ds doesn't like the feel of them.   Anyone have suggestions for safe, mineral sunscreens that don't feel heavy?  And don't cost $20 an ounce?

• Sad 2

Some Things have been done.  I got a start on the pantry.  Sat with the kids through half their Summer Misery Math, and rehearsed music for Friday's Old Lady Party.  The neighbor kid is still here.  Why is she still here?  She literally sat through an hour of math and an hour of quartet music.

I think we'll have turkey casserole for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Some Things have been done.  I got a start on the pantry.  Sat with the kids through half their Summer Misery Math, and rehearsed music for Friday's Old Lady Party.  The neighbor kid is still here.  Why is she still here?  She literally sat through an hour of math and an hour of quartet music.

I think we'll have turkey casserole for dinner.

No one at home?