Menu

Ignore this thread!

Trapper Keepers are still out there but most schools ban them.  The ripping sound of the velcro is very distracting in the classroom.  I had a Lisa Frank one if I remember correctly.

Dh is still down with his mom and they just took her to the hospital again.  Looks like her gallbladder (which is what put her in rehab in the first place) is acting up again.  Dh think she'll need surgery and likely wouldn't survive it.  He says he's okay with that, if she's not happy with life.  He's very close to his mom so this is hard.  

He sent a message the other night (I think he was drinking and feeling maudlin) about being a failure, but he does so much to take care of everyone that he is the farthest thing from a failure.  I wish I could be down there with him, but it's not a good situation for the kids.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

10 hours ago, Junie said:

OHMYGOSHIHADTHESAMEONE!!!! TWINSIES!!!

In other news, I screamed in terror during the movie Brave. As in, open-mouth, full-throated SCREAM. The short person nearly peed herself laughing at me.

I am not a good person to watch movies with. I find the visuals a bit...much. 😐

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Renai said:

Where, and doing what?

She is in Guangzhou, teaching at a private school; her husband teaches as well. They've been in China for 8 years, though not always at the same school; her younger son was born there.

She'll be in the US in July, if you are interested I can get you in touch with her.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

I think everyone is staying home today. Well, everyone who usually stays home. Of course DH is at work.

Temps are supposed to be in the mid-80’s today, which is virtually unheard of in late June in these parts. I’ve got all the doors and windows thrown open and the cool air is just delicious!!

Tonight we have this new thing at church where we picnic at this park by the river and then there’s a Bible study and then games for the kids. We’re going. It should be fun!

Otherwise, I need to get things organized for the girls for school next year, because come Monday, I get my roster for work and I have to start contacting new families and get them going.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, maize said:

She is in Guangzhou, teaching at a private school; her husband teaches as well. They've been in China for 8 years, though not always at the same school; her younger son was born there.

She'll be in the US in July, if you are interested I can get you in touch with her.

I'd like that!

• Like 1

I have only cried at two movies ever. One of them was the end of Toy Story 3. The other was Up at "that spot".  That's it. I don't get very emotional at movies.

Now when it comes to writing? Have bawled my eyes out writing some scenes. 

• Like 7

I was trying to get some things accomplished today and it didn't go well.  I wanted to run to Home Depot and pick up sand for the base of my heavy bag, then I needed to go to the science center and feed the turtle, then run to the bank, and mail my rent check.

Instead I lifted up one bag of sand, my back popped, I slowly walked out to the car (gave up on sand) and drove home.  Now I'm sitting here with a sore back feeling like I can't do anything without the possibility of severe pain.

It's all made worse by the fact I have dh's car.  A huge Suburban that's awkward to get in and out of, that the AC isn't working and it's 92 degrees here today, the seats don't adjust properly anymore so I have to twist more to see while driving.  

And dh is 3 hours away at the hospital with his mom.  

• Sad 9

49 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

(((Where's Toto)))  Can one of your dc walk the rent check to the mailbox?  Otherwise, just rest and take care of yourself!  You can accomplish things after you have your car back.  Or we can send you some ITT staff.  ❤️  and chocolate.  🍫

I'm sending the checks return receipt because the landlords office "lost" the June payment and I had to stop payment on the check.   So, I have to go into the post office to do it.  It should be fine if I can mail it tomorrow, they are only 2 towns away so it usually gets there in a couple days and I have until the 7th before any fees are supposed to be added.  

I'll definitely take the chocolate.  

First thing I did after getting back to the car was pop some advil and put the heated seat on (despite it being 90 degrees and no AC).  Now I'm sitting with ice and watching the Jane Austen Book Club.   It's not feeling too bad and I think if I'm careful it will be okay.

• Like 5

My neighbor is paranoid and it is really irritating me.  She called me yesterday to tell me that the city had a truck on our street.  "That's because it is the building inspector and they are remodeling across the street".  Then today the same truck was at a different neighbor's.  "They just got a new hot water heater.  Again - requires an inspection."  But apparently they also looked for a brief moment at the fence that dh is putting up.  "So?  It doesn't require a permit."  I really wish that she would just mind her own business and would stop freaking out.  What exactly does she think that they might be spying on?  And if for some strange reason they contact us about the fence (doubtful) then we will talk to them and will work it out. 

• Like 3

It is the most beautiful day in the world. It is still 79 degrees at 3:00 in the afternoon. I spent all morning and early afternoon on the patio watching training videos for my new job. They aren’t bad, just tedious. I am not really overwhelmed, but I can say, being a parent with this charter for a year has given me tremendous advantage. I’ve got the basic framework down. In that sense, I am a definite whole-to-parts learned. 

Baby has gotten the cooking bug. I got her Raddish Kids subscription box and she is just going to town. Today she is making banana-chocolate chip muffins from a kids recipe book from the library. I don’t really have to help her anymore, either. She just goes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My neighbor is paranoid and it is really irritating me.  She called me yesterday to tell me that the city had a truck on our street.  "That's because it is the building inspector and they are remodeling across the street".  Then today the same truck was at a different neighbor's.  "They just got a new hot water heater.  Again - requires an inspection."  But apparently they also looked for a brief moment at the fence that dh is putting up.  "So?  It doesn't require a permit."  I really wish that she would just mind her own business and would stop freaking out.  What exactly does she think that they might be spying on?  And if for some strange reason they contact us about the fence (doubtful) then we will talk to them and will work it out. 

That is exasperating!

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

All 4 kids and I have strep throat. I have 10,000 words to write before I can go to sleep tonight in order to make deadline. But there is pasta for dinner, which proves that there is always a silver lining.

(((Bookie)))  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Well, I'm irritated because I'm trying to grill and it is pouring down rain on me.  But I"m not quite done. 

I would say CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP but when we were swimming a bird flew into the pool and when I went to rescue it I realized it was wasp the size of my hand and I'm beginning to think that maybe the rain wasn't so bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I would say CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP but when we were swimming a bird flew into the pool and when I went to rescue it I realized it was wasp the size of my hand and I'm beginning to think that maybe the rain wasn't so bad.

A wasp the size of your hand? Svengo.

• Like 1

(((Krissi)))  Do you have any boxes you haven't unpacked?  Do you have any unlabeled boxes that you put miscellaneous stuff in?  Did you get it before or after you moved?  You stuck it _________ instead of putting it away because you knew you'd need it soon.  Office?  Bedroom?  Closet?  Ack!  Where is it?  Just go look everywhere again.  And think about what you did when you got it.  Do you remember other things that happened that day?  You opened the box and stuck it _________ because you were..... walking out the door, or having company, or........  😩  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dh is in PA for meetings. Next time he goes to NY, I'm gonna beg to go with him.  I can feed the pigeons in the park while he's in meetings.  

Dd20 just had a bunch of documents emailed to her about required items needed for nursing school (uniforms, laptop requirements, transportation issues, etc).  She was freaking out a bit, but dh talked her down.  

Tomorrow is the last day of fiddle camp, yay!  As much as I complain about the time swamp of this camp, I really think it is valuable learning for them, plus it's fun and they make new friends.  Friend is going to drive the girls in the morning, and the rest of us will go for maybe the last half hour to listen.  I got a little video of them playing today but my phone ran out of space. 

Have a good night!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh is in PA for meetings. Next time he goes to NY, I'm gonna beg to go with him.  I can feed the pigeons in the park while he's in meetings.  

Dd20 just had a bunch of documents emailed to her about required items needed for nursing school (uniforms, laptop requirements, transportation issues, etc).  She was freaking out a bit, but dh talked her down.  

Tomorrow is the last day of fiddle camp, yay!  As much as I complain about the time swamp of this camp, I really think it is valuable learning for them, plus it's fun and they make new friends.  Friend is going to drive the girls in the morning, and the rest of us will go for maybe the last half hour to listen.  I got a little video of them playing today but my phone ran out of space. 

Have a good night!

Speaking of fiddle camp, I should practice "Lightly Row" a few times on the violin. My rowing is anything but light...

Thanks all. I had just reacquainted myself with this cousin last year, after having been gone for 20 years. It's uncanny that he died the same way as his dad (my mom's brother), except his dad did it on purpose. 😞 

• Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What's his name?

How are your feet?

Mr. Frog.

I just saw him and loved him. The kids were already in bed. I want to take them Texas camping and hiking. I think they would just adore it and it would be very different.

They hurt. They've hurt for 3 months. I've begun some supplements and stretches and I think in time there will be improvements.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I finished my rock border this morning before the thunder storm. DH asked me tonight how I would feel about moving to Norway with his job. We both looked at where it is, at the homeschooling laws, and where the Church buildings are. I said likely no. I'm still holding out for Dunfermline, Scotland!

Slache, I like your Mr. Frog. Look out for the ants when camping and the mosquitoes. I've lived here too long.

Renai, I am sorry about your cousin.

It seems like lots of us are dealing with pain, loss, life issues, wayward children, etc. lately; or maybe that is my skewed perception. Anyway, for all of us I hope for a better month. Let's make July rock!

I haven't been to Norway but my parents lived in Sweden for several years and it was lovely.

My sister and her husband lived in Scotland, his job takes them back for a summer every few years. I have a niece who was born there.

Either sounds nice to me!

• Like 2