Menu

Ignore this thread!

I cancelled my camp for today.   One person had "signed up" her two kids (I put in quotes because she didn't send the form or pay) for the whole week.  Then said she'd do two days, then when I asked her if she was planning to register sent a form (but no payment) for just one day.   Then yesterday she said only one of the kids was coming.   The other person I had a discussion with about doing one day a week for all the camps but didn't confirm or register so I wasn't sure if they were planning to come or not.   So I cancelled.   Not worth doing this one for just one kid.  

My next camp is the week after next (away on vacation next week) and I have quite a few registered so that one will be fun.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tonight I have some sad news.  Dd came to get me at bedtime to tell me that Cinnamon was not moving.  I had to take some of the cage apart to get at her but she is definitely dead and stiff as a board.  There is not a mark on her and she showed absolutely no signs of illness earlier today so we don't know what happened.  Rusty is his usual self so we don't think that it was environmental.  Maybe a heart attack? 

I am so sorry, losing pets is hard 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

I made a scheduling error and let dd12 go to camp when it was her week to do dishes!  :svengo:

I had to do dishes again this morning!

Ds13 is my dish-do-er, he is at camp all week as well.

After many failed chore systems I took someone's advice to put each of the older kids in charge of just one thing. Dd15 has laundry duty, ds13 has dishes, and dd11 has toddler/preschooler duty (as needed, not all day!)

It is actually working fairly well. Ds13 is inconsistent with dishes but getting him to do any chores at all in the past has been nearly impossible so I'm happy for whatever he does do.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, maize said:

Ds13 is my dish-do-er, he is at camp all week as well.

After many failed chore systems I took someone's advice to put each of the older kids in charge of just one thing. Dd15 has laundry duty, ds13 has dishes, and dd11 has toddler/preschooler duty (as needed, not all day!)

It is actually working fairly well. Ds13 is inconsistent with dishes but getting him to do any chores at all in the past has been nearly impossible so I'm happy for whatever he does do.

We have a similar system with 4 kids and the chores rotate weekly.

Dishwasher, Laundry, Dining Room, Meal Helper

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!! I think. I am so confused as to what day it is.

Got up early and went with DH to take the car to the repair shop. He dropped me off at home and then went to his dentist appt. and then off to work. I hope they can fix it easily and quickly. And dare I say, “cheaply”?

DS is going to the mountains with his friend and friend’s family today, so it’s just the girls and I.

I’m so sorry about Cinnamon, Jeannie.😢 Our best cat Snowflake died unexplainably several years ago. Our best guess is that she had some sort of seizure,

• Like 6

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  We're at home today!  Technically off work, but have a conference call this morning and I have some invoices to work on.  I want to do so much today and have the motivation, but DC are sleeping in.  They need it since we have been non-stop for weeks.  So I guess I will just cool my jets.

We will need to go to the Post office later, and ds12 has been begging to go to the library.  Since they're next door to each other, I guess we will do that.

Now, what to make for supper.  I'm thinking tacos.

Our post office and library are next door to each other, too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Junie said:

Apparently JoJosMom is not a fan of Saxon...

ETA:  Mathy Booyah!

I think Saxon is great for some kids. HOWEVER, if it is NOT a good fit, it can be a VERY.BAD.THING. Saxon left my child convinced that she was bad at math and that she hated it. Umm, NO. What a tragedy it would have been had she been left in that state. 😞

And you spelled BOOYA incorrectly. 🤨

12 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

What do you use for K-3rd then? BJU Math is hard for me to swallow.

Math Mammoth or Singapore. I also love CLE, but it would flunk the religious content test.

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tonight I have some sad news.  Dd came to get me at bedtime to tell me that Cinnamon was not moving.  I had to take some of the cage apart to get at her but she is definitely dead and stiff as a board.  There is not a mark on her and she showed absolutely no signs of illness earlier today so we don't know what happened.  Rusty is his usual self so we don't think that it was environmental.  Maybe a heart attack? 

I'm sorry, Jean.

• Like 5

Good afternoon!

I missed the morning in a whirlwind of exhausted rushing around. We are back from the places and most of the groceries are put away and friends are coming over in 20 minutes.  

Anyone who wants to eat dinner tonight will be required to simply open the refrigerator and pick a variety or two of leftovers to eat.

More coffee!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I made Susan and Junie cry. I don't mind that woman coming to my home. She ruined church for me and that's my only issue with her but I love her husband and look forward to seeing him. I'm just irritated by the timing.

When someone's description in italics it usually indicates drama.  Drama usually makes me cry.  I should make a list of all of the movies that made me cry.  It would be a long list.

#1 on the list would be Mrs. Doubtfire.  I cried during that movie.  In a theater.  On a first date.  :svengo:  (There wasn't a second date.  I don't even remember who the guy was.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Junie said:

When someone's description in italics it usually indicates drama.  Drama usually makes me cry.  I should make a list of all of the movies that made me cry.  It would be a long list.

#1 on the list would be Mrs. Doubtfire.  I cried during that movie.  In a theater.  On a first date.  :svengo:  (There wasn't a second date.  I don't even remember who the guy was.)

I was trying to specify that she was the specific woman that I had mentioned before. I have never seen Mrs. Doubtfire.

Le Booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Junie said:

Only two movies ever made me cry. “Steel Magnolias” And “Les Mis”. 

• Like 3

It is so nice to be in this stage of homeschooling: 

My husband stopped off at our PO Box. On the way home, I browsed through the entire CBD Homeschool catalog. There wasn't anything that caught my eye or interested me in the least in supplementing or changing my plans for the next school year.

And a commercial can make me cry if I am in the right mood, so there are too many movies to count that make me cry.

• Like 5

I need to pick up dd15 from karate. I went to pick her up earlier and she came out to say her instructor had invited her to stay for a two hour kicking seminar so I left her there. She'd probably be perfectly happy to stay all evening but she needs to come home and eat before dance class.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Slache said:

John has too many stories and poems and things going on so I bought him a binder with 5 dividers and lined paper and he's completely flipped. I didn't expect this much noise.

Gymnast was so happy when I introduced her to voice-to-text. Her stories can go on for a long time...

44 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Me, too. But I don’t want to make them. I have no idea what to make for dinner, but I need to figure it out right now.

We had gorditas. From the carnicería/panadería.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Slache said:

John has too many stories and poems and things going on so I bought him a binder with 5 dividers and lined paper and he's completely flipped. I didn't expect this much noise.

This brings back memories of the Trapper Keeper. I miss mine. It had kitties on it. They were so cute.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

This brings back memories of the Trapper Keeper. I miss mine. It had kitties on it. They were so cute.

I remember trapper keepers!  Those were awesome!

Dd20 cried at the first movie she ever went to in the theater - I'm pretty sure it was Stuart Little - we took ds23 to see it..  She was about 16 months old.  I kept trying to figure out why she was fussy and then realized the crying only came at the sad parts.  Maybe it was the music.

I'm so over this week.  Is it almost Saturday?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I had never heard of this.

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I remember trapper keepers!  Those were awesome!

Dd20 cried at the first movie she ever went to in the theater - I'm pretty sure it was Stuart Little - we took ds23 to see it..  She was about 16 months old.  I kept trying to figure out why she was fussy and then realized the crying only came at the sad parts.  Maybe it was the music.

I'm so over this week.  Is it almost Saturday?

I know! I have been bedridden. I think less than 2,000 steps a day. I can't stay awake even standing. I want to be done. 

Eta: Apparently 3,000+ a day which beats previous bouts of fatigue.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

Ds18 and I watched the presidential debate tonight.  It seems like just a short while ago we were watching the debates for the 2016 election.  Ds18, dd16, and I watched every debate last time.  The dc ended up with a full credit of Political Science on their transcripts.  Ds18 and dd16 will both be old enough to vote in the 2020 election.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2