Menu

Ignore this thread!

I need to library.  I went last week to pick up a book that I had requested.  it took a really long time to be available (it was new, the last book in the Jane Hawk series by Dean Koontz) so I was actually surprised when I got the notice.  I finished that in a couple days so need to get around to returning it and maybe I'll try and have time for some browsing when I do.  

I miss the library.  I LOVE the library but I don't have nearly enough time to read these days and I have a ton of books from my trip to the used book store in Ct a month or so ago.

• Like 4

Dh just left for his parents house.   So the weekend officially begins.  

To do list:

laundry, so so much laundry.  I've neglected it while sick.
plan school or decide that the kids are on summer break for a few weeks
more work at science center
finalize plans for an escape room I'm doing at my last tech tuesday next week
make packing list for vacation
work on my wizard camp for when we return from vacation so I can order anything that needs to be ordered before we leave
general house cleaning

• Like 3

I always feel like I'm talking to myself and maybe one or two other people at this time of day.  Why is that?  Is it dinner time for most of you?  Afternoon errands?  I know I'm in a later time zone that many (EST) so I hit -after dinner relaxing - first.    And maybe first thing in the morning first too.  Except I'm not a morning person so maybe not so much with that one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The phone has been ringing off the hook today.  With the exception of two medically related calls, all have been scams.  If an actual person was on any of these calls, I might be tempted to swear but it's only been recorded stuff. 

I don't answer phone calls from numbers I don't recognize.  which is probably bad policy since I run a business and use my cell number as the business number.

I get calls with the same area code and exchange as my cell phone and those are ALWAYS scam calls. 

ETA:  missed that I did get the booya after all.  A scammy phone call booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

So, I was doing intermittent fasting and having bone broth in my tea because it kept the tea from bothering my stomach (I usually can't drink tea on an empty stomach).   When I stopped IF, I stopped the bone broth too.  No reason to stop it, I just had been using it for a specific purpose and that purpose no longer applied.   And my achy back and shoulders that I used to have came back.  And it occurred to me that maybe the bone broth had been helping that (since it supposedly does help that kind of stuff).  So I started taking it in my tea again.  And my back and shoulders stopped aching so much.   

So, not proof of anything but I didn't really change anything else except the bone broth.   I think I'm a believer.

Now this is going through my head:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I used to watch the Monkee's on tv but I guess it must have been repeats since it looks like it was on in 1966 and I probably watched in 1976.  We didn't have cable back then so where did they put on really old reruns?

Okay, so I may have played that whole video and sang along.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had left to go look for something to watch on Netflix since my head aches and I didn't want to read.  I found some good movies I hadn't seen already, just stopped back here before putting away the computer to switch on Netflix on the tv and now you have me all distracted listening to old music!  

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I always feel like I'm talking to myself and maybe one or two other people at this time of day.  Why is that?  Is it dinner time for most of you?  Afternoon errands?  I know I'm in a later time zone that many (EST) so I hit -after dinner relaxing - first.    And maybe first thing in the morning first too.  Except I'm not a morning person so maybe not so much with that one.

Well, it’s almost 4:00pm here on the West Coast. My aunt gave me a whole slew of mirrors (decorative) that I’m trying to see how they will look on a wall. She and my uncle had a beach house they sold and they gave me all kinds of stuff. My aunt has amazing taste and loves decorating and doesn’t buy cheap stuff, so these mirrors are lovely. But, they’re in my house and I am horrible at decorating, I buy cheap stuff and some of the artwork on my walls is my daughters’ paintings in Walmart frames. So, anyhow, that’s what I am up to. But I know the feeling of coming around ITT and you get this echo-y feeling, like.... where is everybody???

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I used to watch the Monkee's on tv but I guess it must have been repeats since it looks like it was on in 1966 and I probably watched in 1976.  We didn't have cable back then so where did they put on really old reruns?

Okay, so I may have played that whole video and sang along.

I was madly in love with all the Monkees when I was 9 or 10, so there must have been reruns on for a long time.

• Like 2

So I ended up watching Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant.  I don't know how I never saw that before!  It was sooo cute and funny and sweet.   Just the kind of movie I love, and I love Drew Barrymore (and Hugh Grant's not bad either 😘)    That's definitely one I'll rewatch.

So should I watch What A Girl Wants or Sydney White (both with Amanda Bynes), Jane Austen Book Club, or the Fast and the Furious next?   It might need to wait until tomorrow because it's close to bedtime here.

• Like 4

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh and I went out for Thai. 

Now I have been wrestling with the printer.  And that is not an exaggeration.  It's been like WWE in here.  (Does anyone else remember when it used to be WWF until they had to stop using those initials?)

It’s like Writing With Ease??

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Now I have been wrestling with the printer.  And that is not an exaggeration.  It's been like WWE in here.  (Does anyone else remember when it used to be WWF until they had to stop using those initials?)

I do remember that!  But I thought they were just different organizations, like there used to be both the NFL and the AFL (I think? some other football league).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

World Wide Funzies?

34 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I thought that they had to change because World Wildlife Fund got dibs on the initials. 

You could be right, that would make sense to me.   

My exh once emceed a wrestling match with Cold Stone Steve Austin (whose name always made me think Six Million Dollar Man).  That's the extent of what I know about wrestling.  Except Hulk Hogan.  And that it's not real.  And The Rock.  Okay, that's definitely it.  

• Like 3

Oh! I don't know if I ever updated you guys about that photo where Dwayne Johnson met the Rock. Angi pointed out that their teeth were exactly the same so it was photoshopped.

If you're a newbie I posted a photo where Dwayne Johnson met the rock for the first time. It was all sincere looking. I wanted to know if it was photoshopped or a stunt double/look alike.

55 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I thought that they had to change because World Wildlife Fund got dibs on the initials. 

This is how I remember it as well, although I believe that my stepmother had passed away by this point and my days of watching wrestling were over.

• Like 2

I've been listening to an audio book that could be a decent fantasy escape if the protagonist didn't keep swooning over her developing romantic interest. Mentioning how handsome be us every other sentence is poor writing.

I have minimal tolerance for romance in stories, it is the adventure that draws me.

• Like 4

Good morning? 

I was up early and dozed off again until I got a facetime call from dd12.  She and ds14 are doing really well!  They are going to see a volcano this morning and maybe will get to go on a forest zipline.  

I should get something done now.  Laundry and kitchen.  

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!

I slept horribly last night. Don’t know why.

The solar guys are back to finish the job.

I gotta go to the Afsa today.😩

We have a wedding reception this evening. The groom’s family are friends of ours and are obviously from around here. But, he is going to dental school in SoCal and met the bride down there. The wedding was a couple weeks ago in SoCal and they are having a reception tonight for the grooms family friends who wouldn’t have been expected to make the trip. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I slept terribly because I made a bad dietary choice last night. No time to kick myself though. I have to get up, scurry through my morning chores and drive three plus hours to a camp meeting. 

Drive safely, Jeannie!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful table.

I slept well after taking Dayquil but was up pretty early thanks to the damn dog.   Then couldn't really get back to sleep so decided to get up and head to the science center early, get that done with, so I could come home and do laundry all day.   Had to feed the turtle today, he was happy to see me.

I sent a breakfast order to the closest Panera (about 10 minutes away), left to pick it up and go to the science center so I could eat while Flop (the turtle) eats.  Then thought the check and realized I sent the order to the wrong Panera.    So had to drive to the one by dd's TKD dojo which is about 20 minutes from home.  Not a huge difference but still annoying, especially because I'm driving dh's Suburban and I hate that thing.  And it has no air conditioning at the moment. 

I need to figure out a way to clean out the cockroach tank.  I want to replace all the bedding before we go on vacation.  I use coconut husk which I can wet down really well to keep it humid while we are gone, plus it really needs to be cleaned out.   Needed it weeks ago but that's when I found the babies.   I need to find something to hold all of them while I'm cleaning it out.  I had a container that worked for mom and dad, but the babies are small enough to get out.   Then I need to figure out how I'm going to get all the babies into the new container without losing any of them.  Maybe a big spoon.   I don't care if I get a small amount of bedding out with them but I don't want to lose any of them (don't need madagascar hissing cockroaches breeding in the walls).  I don't think any of them are burrowed down into the substrate, but will need to stir it up and check for each part before I remove it.  

• Like 5

What would be a good "Thank You for taking care of my child in another country" gift/certificate to get for my kids' chaperones?  I'm thinking a gift card to a family restaurant might be nice?  I don't know them well enough to know what kind of food they like.  

It's a Gifting Challenge Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I just could not get my life together this week. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm bullet journaling again. I never know how I get away from writing things down but it always feels so good to get back to it.

I'm planning on an earlier wakeup time and to start taking pre-workout again. Probably working out in the A.M. before the monsters are set loose.

I think we can work with Saxon. I added Xtra Math because his facts are slipping.

I don't want to do things. I'm drained. Someone fill me up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I just could not get my life together this week. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm bullet journaling again. I never know how I get away from writing things down but it always feels so good to get back to it.

I'm planning on an earlier wakeup time and to start taking pre-workout again. Probably working out in the A.M. before the monsters are set loose.

I think we can work with Saxon. I added Xtra Math because his facts are slipping.

I don't want to do things. I'm drained. Someone fill me up.

You've gone through some big changes recently and have a lot going on.  Maybe it's good to take a week or so and take some time to just relax.

I tried to find a Fill Me Up song but I kept thinking "Build Me Up, Buttercup" but that didn't seem to be right.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

You've gone through some big changes recently and have a lot going on.  Maybe it's good to take a week or so and take some time to just relax.

I tried to find a Fill Me Up song but I kept thinking "Build Me Up, Buttercup" but that didn't seem to be right.  

I echo Toto. I understand how you feel, I really do. You guys just made a really huge move, you are getting used to a new city, a totally new climate. The things you are saying you are feeling are typical of having to deal with all that. Give yourself a break. And i’m Not saying that in a trite way or how we say it to excuse our laziness, set small goals and give yourself some grace if you find yourself moving backward.

• Like 5