Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I napped for an hour. A very deep nap. Susan, the big secret that you told me in my dream is safe with me because I forgot what it was as soon as I woke up!  Krissi, I remember your secret....  

I knew I could count on you, Jean!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I napped for an hour. A very deep nap. Susan, the big secret that you told me in my dream is safe with me because I forgot what it was as soon as I woke up!  Krissi, I remember your secret....  

Thanks, Jean!! Because if you tell anyone, a lot of people could get hurt.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I gotta get dressed for a wedding. I hate dressing up. And this is supposed to be a pretty casual wedding. Sigh. We’re leaving in 20minutes and I’m in jeans.

I was thinking that this wedding you're going to is awfully late, and then I remembered the time difference.  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I did like World Walk by Steve Newman. I'm still not going.

Have you read "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson?  It's entertaining.  Have Matt read it out loud to you.  

Dh and ds22 have hiked parts of the AP.  It's beautiful.  Has Matt done any of the PCT?

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you read "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson?  It's entertaining.  Have Matt read it out loud to you.  

Dh and ds22 have hiked parts of the AP.  It's beautiful.  Has Matt done any of the PCT?

No, no.

Mount St Helens and various trails in the gorge, him more than me. 

I’m back from the wedding. It was very nice, at a private park on the river. There were hecklers in the middle of the sermon. People were floating down the river and yelling all sorts of things. And the wedding coordinator was trying to get rid of them and they wouldn’t pay attention to her, it was funny. The dinner was delicious. We left early, though.

• Like 6

The boys just left for their 10 day adventure. They were so excited. I think they'll have a great time. They ought to be at Palo Duro canyon later today. Then they get to go see Mt. Capulin, Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mountain National Park, Thermopolis in Wyoming, then Yellowstone, Then the Bighorn, then Mount Rushmore, the Bad Lands...

I get to stay home, work, and take care of things here. On the plus side, as an introvert, I'm kind of having my own little vacation.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I’m shopping to bleed off stress from something else.  I do find curriculum buying fun and satisfying; I just don’t want to overspend!

What curriculum are you buying?

It’s a nosy Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends...

• Like 2

I think I'm literally the only one in the house who can smell a stinky diaper. Poor Baby- I'm pretty sure nobody is smelling, ignoring, and waiting for me, but I'm the only who who notices most of the time. It's my superpower. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Dodged a bullet in preschool Sunday school this morning!  Last week there were 6 kids, so this week I only prepared enough crafts for 10.  There were 12 in class today!  :ohmy:  Fortunately, 3 of the boys didn't want to do the craft at all, so I had one left over.  Whew.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

What curriculum are you buying?

It’s a nosy Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends...

Boring stuff so far.  MCP Math for the new 1st grader.  MP Geography.  I really want The Story of Science for the next four years of history, and I’m probably not making it through the week without splurging.  I really kind of want to just buy Bookshark 8 and spread it over the four years as an elective.

• Like 3

[Picture waving smiley guy here.] Hi, ITT.

I need to do all the things. Without coffee, which I've decided to only buy for social occasions this summer. (It is possibly technically not ideal for somebody of my age and heritage to start the day with a beverage that entails 9 teaspoons of sugar as well as a cup of whole milk.) I'm gonna drink water.

DS's first day camp of the summer is this week. I'm realizing how out of practice I am at packing lunches.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Go Whitehawk, Go!

I started laundry and washed all the dishes except a couple that are soaking.  (Still waiting on a dishwasher part.)

I should work on storing children's books we've outgrown and shelving the piles of books waiting on free shelf space.  This ought to be more enjoyable than actual cleaning, but I keep procrastinating anyway.  #thestruggleisreal

• Like 4

Blah. To clarify again, C *can't* eat. That's her disease. She has not had solid food for 23 days, stopped taking liquids 2 days ago and is at the hospital now. She's so malnourished that her bones fall out of joint and she can't walk. She's in severe chronic pain and can't take pain medication.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Stop doing stuff!  You all are making me look bad!!!

I’m not doing anything, Jeannie. That should make you feel better!! The most i’ve Accomplished today, besides going to church, is this multi-quote.

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm actually writing and not revising or editing today.  Also cooking. I ought to be cleaning but I'm not.

Yay!! Get those creative juices flowing.

39 minutes ago, Slache said:

One of our ladies bible study participants was murdered. I called 911 on a drunk driver. Great day.

Oh, Slashie, how horrible.

my COFFEE~D is ready. It’s a beautiful day. I think I am going to take my COFFEE~D outside and plan my Father’s Day shindig.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m not doing anything, Jeannie. That should make you feel better!! The most i’ve Accomplished today, besides going to church, is this multi-quote.

Yay!! Get those creative juices flowing.

Oh, Slashie, how horrible.

my COFFEE~D is ready. It’s a beautiful day. I think I am going to take my COFFEE~D outside and plan my Father’s Day shindig.

I was going to like this until you said you were planning a shindig.  And then I shuddered.  I'm going to need a few minutes by myself to recover from the whole idea of planning a shindig.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

How awful.  ?

I’m sure you know this, but do take some time for self care as well as helping those around you.

I'm fine. It's everyone else that's not. All I can do is hug and pray right now. I'm devastated for them, but not really impacted by any of it. 

• Like 4