Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 hours ago, Slache said:

When I was in the Navy they lost both my birth certificate and Social Security card. Along with all of my paperwork. That was fun. In order to get a Social Security card I needed my birth certificate and in order to get my birth certificate I needed someone to vouch for me. There were people sitting outside the birth certificate office willing to vouch for you for $50. I built an entire identity on fraud. I'm really me, but I could totally not be in no one would know the difference.

They were probably planning to send you on undercover missions.

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

It’s really wet outside.

WEATHER!

• Like 3

Good morning!

Today is middle ds's 16th birthday.  He still has to go to tutorial, lol.  Dh is making waffles for birthday breakfast. Dd11 and I will try making an instant pot cheesecake for birthday cake.  Ideally we will get a good bit done before 8:45 because I have an appointment for puppy at the vet - he's not been eating and threw up yesterday and other unpleasantries.  Dd11 said he ate a pinecone.

Coffee!

• Like 6

I'm not saying "good morning" yet because I don't even know why I'm awake. Well, that's not true. I took Mr. Ellie to the surgery center for his cataract surgery; he had to be there at 6 a.m., surgery is at 7:30, of course I cannot stay there. So I came home, am checking Internet stuff, and will be going back to bed, because I don't do early.

that is all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When you said, Slache,that it was November, I took it as a question & kinda thought to myself ...is it??  I’ve never been the best at following dates, but with no school or work going, AND now COVID....my internal calendar is way off!!  
I’m sorry about your meat Jean.

Can I see a picture of this Chester?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

And somehow, even knowing it's a holiday, it didn't occur to me not to go to the post office to mail a package and of course, they were closed. What is going on with me?!

I filled out a deposit slip, signed a bunch of checks and didn't remember until I was putting the date on the deposit slip (the date that I had to look up on my phone).   

I still checked the mailbox on my way home.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Today is middle ds's 16th birthday.  He still has to go to tutorial, lol.  Dh is making waffles for birthday breakfast. Dd11 and I will try making an instant pot cheesecake for birthday cake.  Ideally we will get a good bit done before 8:45 because I have an appointment for puppy at the vet - he's not been eating and threw up yesterday and other unpleasantries.  Dd11 said he ate a pinecone.

Coffee!

There is so much going on here, I cannot decide what reaction I should have. Trophies for nirthday, fingers crossed for an instant pot cheesecake because this sounds AWESOME, or sad because puppy isn't feeling well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Slache said:

When I was in the Navy they lost both my birth certificate and Social Security card. Along with all of my paperwork. That was fun. In order to get a Social Security card I needed my birth certificate and in order to get my birth certificate I needed someone to vouch for me. There were people sitting outside the birth certificate office willing to vouch for you for $50. I built an entire identity on fraud. I'm really me, but I could totally not be in no one would know the difference.

Why does this not surprise me?

#adayinthelifeofaSlachie

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

woke up at 4:30am because the @##&@ cats were running around on the roof. Sounded like a herd of elephants.

School and work today. I have two families to visit.

I have a semi-flat tire. So I get to carefully drive to the tire place to get it fixed. The best thing in my life right now is that the tire place is a 10 minute walk from my house. This is the second flat I’ve had in about a month in a half. The first one I had a big chunk of metal in the tire, this one is a slow leak and we cannot find the cause.

• Sad 4

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. I love that I can look up reviews on books I'm interested in for Oldest, but then it shows me other books I may be interested in and..... Down that rabbit hole I go. Every book I look at makes me feel like this:

And then eventually I either give up or have a lightbulb moment that sounds a lot like Mr Wizard's, "Hmmm, Ah HA!" in my head. 😂

• Haha 2

Our roofing materials are here!  That means that sometime soon we will actually get a roof!  Woo hoo!

(Axe murderers were putting things in our driveway but we ignored Juliet's warnings to our eternal peril.  She tells us that axe murderers are masters of disguise and frequently disguise themselves as roofers and other workers.  So beware.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have 3 children (9, 7, 4) who all sleep poorly. They can't fall asleep or stay asleep and they wake up early. I can't help but think this is an external problem since it's all 3 of them. I make activity a priority, they eat well, they aren't stressed (to my knowledge), and have no health problems. They have blackout curtains and weighted blankets and tea. We have an evening ritual. What else can I do?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have 3 children (9, 7, 4) who all sleep poorly. They can't fall asleep or stay asleep and they wake up early. I can't help but think this is an external problem since it's all 3 of them. I make activity a priority, they eat well, they aren't stressed (to my knowledge), and have no health problems. They have blackout curtains and weighted blankets and tea. We have an evening ritual. What else can I do?

Large hammer?  

j/k.  Sorry.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Caffeine and a puppy?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Update their ages? 

j/k  Isn't John 10 now? 

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Chester is adorable!!!! Gosh he got big fast. 

She's getting better! She's still 90% Tigger, but more civilized than before. She's about to be 7 months. I think she's gonna be pretty small and wiry- she doesn't look anywhere near the size of your guy. Makes it easier to go bouncing and trouncing I guess. She almost ate the pool guy this week when he showed up two hours early and she was outside, so she's turning into a decent guard dog too. Kids love her- they tire each other out. So she'll make it. But I still tell dh, just like Tigger- 🎶She's the only one! 🎶 #DobermansForever

Oh wait - is she a doberman?  I was thinking lab.  Now I have the Magnum P.I. Theme running through my head.  Lol!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Slache said:

I really shouldn't be addressing this topic, 😉

Are they still adjusting to the time change?

Does the tea have caffeine?

How much sleep are they getting?  Some people just need less.

Chester is getting better at many things, but the funniest is when he is trying to be polite with other people or dogs.  He'll sit for just so long waiting and then he starts to  quiver and finally explodes into leaps and bounds and twirls.  Most other dogs non-doodle dogs get annoyed with his enthusiasm pretty quick. "Back off, Little Punk!" 😂

Seems my PCP is leaning towards hyperparathyroidism, as opposed to Dead Sea Drowning Victim, and has scheduled me for a scan and appointment with an endocrinologist.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  I also have to start taking 2000 mg or whatever of D3.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Junie said:

I really shouldn't be addressing this topic, 😉

Are they still adjusting to the time change?

Does the tea have caffeine?

How much sleep are they getting?  Some people just need less.

Lol! No kidding.

No. This is a multi-year problem getting worse with age.

No. Sleepy time. Just started the oldest 2 this week.

Boys 10, girl 11. Cutting back has always been problematic.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Lol! No kidding.

No. This is a multi-year problem getting worse with age.

No. Sleepy time. Just started the oldest 2 this week.

Boys 10, girl 11. Cutting back has always been problematic.

So they are getting 10 and 11 hours of sleep or that's how much you want them to get?

10 or 11 sounds like what my kids get.  9ish to 7ish for the youngers, 11ish to 8ish for the olders.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

So they are getting 10 and 11 hours of sleep or that's how much you want them to get?

10 or 11 sounds like what my kids get.  9ish to 7ish for the youngers, 11ish to 8ish for the olders.

10-11 between lights out and lights on. Sometimes they sleep like babies, but we will go through weeklong cycles of not sleeping well and that's what I want to fix.

J, M can't fall asleep.

J, A get up to early.

J, M, A sleepwalk (but only A is difficult)

J, M, A wake often in the night

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

10-11 between lights out and lights on. Sometimes they sleep like babies, but we will go through weeklong cycles of not sleeping well and that's what I want to fix.

J, M can't fall asleep.

J, A get up to early.

J, M, A sleepwalk (but only A is difficult)

J, M, A wake often in the night

Suggestions:  (to consider and try if you want to)

magnesium. 

Time release melatonin 

• Like 1

Because I haven't proved that the bunnies are real lately:

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/F8gEbNS.jpg[/img]

Don't be fooled by Aria's sweet look.  She was grumpily cussing me out with bunny grunts when I took this picture.

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/lOquAik.jpg[/img]

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2