Menu

Ignore this thread!

I might have burned a bridge with the community activist.  I just pointed out some hypocrisy in her methods in an email.  I was polite but to the point.  I'm becoming one of those old women who doesn't suffer fools gladly or even unhappily.   I signed my name.  This may have made me a target.  Also I'm still a member of her group but I might find myself booted out on my rear - which I might not mind at this point. 

• Like 6

Weapon X loves school so much he wants to do it all day. That's the only explanation I can think of for this to be taking so long...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

My kids are watching vintage Disney.

#culturalappreciation

#lazymom

#ItaughtthemstuffearlierIpromise

• Like 4

We got the kitties. Gave them their bath. They didn't like it a bit, but I did see fleas emerging. Midge and Molly are the names.

Uhhh, we made a mistake. "Molly" is not a girl. We compared internet pictures to back sides and "Molly" is a he. So, it's not Midge and Molly. It is Cooper and Cleo. And the kids are all outside doing their schoolwork on the patio and chasing kittens.
  • Like 6

8 1/2 days of school left here. Repeating it like a mantra.

Us, too. I was going to end on the 26th. Then I set up our evaluation for the afternoon of the 19th. There is no way either one of us is going to want to do ANY schoolwork after that. So the 19th it is. Which really means the 18tth. And functionally means this is our last week.

Today he had his first meeting with my trainer at the JCC so he can use the equipment. After she met him, she said I could go work out - I didn't have to stay with them the whole time. I was like, really? Woot! They got along well. I wish we had done this last fall so we would have had something to do all winter. Oh, well.

• Like 5

Speaking of bears, there are real live black bears being sighted in our neighborhood.  So now there are arguments going on between neighbors who like to feed the birds and those who say that it brings the bears down into human  habitat. 

Edited because I cannot spell worth beans today.  (I had to retype this sentence twice before sending it). 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Speaking of bears, there are real live black bears being sighted in our neighborhood. So now there are arguments going on between neighbors how like to feed the birds and those who say that it brings the bears down into human habitat.

Bazookas.

• Like 3

Wish I could but we are already compressing 5 chapters of history into the last two weeks, we are sooooooclose to the end of the math book, and I already started plannin next year's LA around us doing WWS this wk and next wk.

Cue hysterical crylaughing.

I've just decided whatever I planned for these last 3 weeks will be done in August as a warm-up. 

• Like 5

How do you guys, who post pictures, do it?? I mean, I can see how you are supposed to. I follow the steps but I always get an error. I've tried in my iPad and from my PC. I've tried compressing the file.... I've tired everything. I'd really love to post a pic of these kitties. They're really cute.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

How do you guys, who post pictures, do it?? I mean, I can see how you are supposed to. I follow the steps but I always get an error. I've tried in my iPad and from my PC. I've tried compressing the file.... I've tired everything. I'd really love to post a pic of these kitties. They're really cute.

Copy and paste from Facebook. :coolgleamA:
  • Like 1

Well, first I go on photobucket and log in. Then I upload. Then when I'm looking at the picture there are 4 different options over on the right for copying, linking, etc. I pick one (I forget which one), click on it, go to my reply on the forum and paste it. I think.

Clear as mud, right?

• Like 2

I might have burned a bridge with the community activist.  I just pointed out some hypocrisy in her methods in an email.  I was polite but to the point.  I'm becoming one of those old women who doesn't suffer fools gladly or even unhappily.   I signed my name.  This may have made me a target.  Also I'm still a member of her group but I might find myself booted out on my rear - which I might not mind at this point. 

That's our Jeannie!  Celebrating Teacher Day by helping another adult continue her education!

I'm doing character time-lines today. I needed to set it all down instead of keeping it all in my head or in various notebooks. When I'm done, I'll make a big old master time-line and tack it up on my wall.

Timelines and maps!  Two of the most useful documentary procedures!

• Like 2

Ds12 is napping on the sofa.

I am sorry for spreading the virus, which appears to infect mainly ITT boys.

I suspect it's the boys sticking their fingers places and then not washing their hands.  Have they been near your computer?

• Like 1

:smilielol5: I didn't even know I had done that.  And with my brain it might not have been autocorrect. . . :leaving:

You mean you DON'T like to go look at kitchens?  

On my own again.   :crying:

• Like 2

Speaking of bears, there are real live black bears being sighted in our neighborhood.  So now there are arguments going on between neighbors who like to feed the birds and those who say that it brings the bears down into human  habitat. 

Edited because I cannot spell worth beans today.  (I had to retype this sentence twice before sending it). 

What did you misspell?  Did you initially say black beans instead of black bears?   :laugh:

I just realizes I have no idea how to teach. I think. I'm confused. Here's what I do, tell me if it's good.

We're using a workbook (Beginning Geography, Miquon etc.). I print the workbooks and put them in folders. We sit down for school, I pull one of each out and he does them. If he has a good reason for not wanting to do one it goes back and he can do it the next day. When the book is finished it gets marked in my log thingy. Is that good?

The books and readers just get rotated, but are also marked in my log thingy when completed.

• Like 5

I just realizes I have no idea how to teach. I think. I'm confused. Here's what I do, tell me if it's good.

We're using a workbook (Beginning Geography, Miquon etc.). I print the workbooks and put them in folders. We sit down for school, I pull one of each out and he does them. If he has a good reason for not wanting to do one it goes back and he can do it the next day. When the book is finished it gets marked in my log thingy. Is that good?

The books and readers just get rotated, but are also marked in my log thingy when completed.

Sounds good!

When books to read start taking longer you can also mark down in your log the part of the book you covered each day.

If you need a "written plan in advance" set up all of your items on a shelf so you can see the spines and tell what they are, then take a picture and print it out.  Voila!  There's your plan for the year!

• Like 3

I had an artichoke for lunch and am now dealing with the gaseous aftereffect.  I have taken full advantage of this feeble excuse to assign DH to drive DD12 to Aikido this evening.  Besides, I have to cook supper!  We are having hot dogs and tater tots.   :D

In talking with DD12 earlier I found out the reason why she kept bringing me the heart of her artichokes after chowing down on the leaves is that she doesn't care for the heart -- my favorite part!  I also suffer far fewer pangs if I eat only the heart of the artichoke and not all of the leaves, so in the future DD12 and I will simply share one artichoke, each getting the part we prefer.

Completely unrelated:  I really like my deck brush.  I'm back to scrubbing grout without having to get on my knees.  DH, though, is disappointed I'm never using the power grout brush he build for me.

• Like 3

Sounds good!

When books to read start taking longer you can also mark down in your log the part of the book you covered each day.

If you need a "written plan in advance" set up all of your items on a shelf so you can see the spines and tell what they are, then take a picture and print it out. Voila! There's your plan for the year!

We have some bigger books including The Children's Treasury of Virtues, Where The Sidewalk Ends, and Explorer's Bible Study and my super duper scientific tracking method involves moving a postit from page to page.

• Like 4