Menu

Ignore this thread!

Poor Susan's ds.

I made it to dd's ballet class and dh stayed while I went to urgent care and got some antibiotics. Except I don't actually have them yet bc walgreens has new software that takes an hour and a half from when your doc sends it in. Why would anyone install such a system?! I just want to flop on my couch and not move.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yes, I am. But, it's the brand recommended by Mr. Jorge Cruise, the man who wrote the book I'm using, and I am a rule follower, if I am nothing else. And it's my Slim Day. And it filled me up. And I need to lose 15 more lbs.

Is there some allowed tea or fruit you can eat with it?  Often eating or drinking something with a wet feel helps.  I often stir berries into mine.

I just ate breakfast.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I'm having real lunch now, after putting away groceries and while DD12 loads dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

The trouble with holding kids accountable with getting chores done is I have to spend time being on their case until they actually do it.  This is more time than it would cost me to just do it myself, and while I'm awaiting them doing it I can't get other tasks still reserved for me done.

I'll remind everyone of this the next time I hear any comments or get any looks about more fend-for-yourself suppers.

• Like 2

We're home! Ds12 was amazed at how easy it was to walk from the ER to the car in the parking lot. He had to stop and rest on a bench 3 times on the way in. As soon as he got home he scarfed down a bowl of applesauce.

Dh, dd18, and ds21 are having a group text discussion on the general standards and practicalities of a cannibalistic diet. 🙄

So glad he is getting some relief!

As for the others, good job!  Always research and carefully consider any significant changes to your diet BEFORE implementing.   :laugh:

• Like 1

I called the pharmacy again. They are "working on it." Estimated pickup over three hours after it was called in. I may switch pharmacies. I am pissed.

Wow, did they get slammed?  Or did their computer go down?

Hugs and kisses all around.  Air kisses for those who are squeamish or germy. 

BTW - do you know that people like to kiss me?  Like people I just met.  Women.  Not men.  And on the cheek or both cheeks depending on what country they are from.  My kids think that it is absolutely hilarious.  I think that it is sweet but weird - mainly because that is not my culture at all. 

So THAT'S why reception lines get bogged down!  Everyone's waiting to plant one on Jeannie's sisterly or motherly cheek!

Dd is done with one class for the year!  :svengo: There might be hope after all.  We are celebrating with fro yo this afternoon. 

Every time I see "fro yo" I think of Sergeant Frog in an Afro, saying "Yo."  

I am not fond of Sergeant Frog.

Get up and go to Walgreens! Go! Go now! You can do it! Don't forget to return the library books on the way! Yaaaaaaay!!

(Pep self-talk)

Go, Susie, go!

I locked the door so I could use the bathroom in private. DS6 somehow managed to open it with a pair of safety scissors.

#whywon'ttheselittlegeniusesleavemealone

So, why?  Why did he open the door with safety scissors?

I have no likes.  Likes to the Duck!  And to Susan!  And Ikslo!  And Lynn!  And Slache!  And JJM!  Anyone I miss since I ran out? 

That's okay, you can just give us all kisses instead!

Also, yay for finishing school, Jean!

I have not worked the kinks out of our summer schedule yet.  Morning sessions take too long.  It's time to start our afternoon group work and we just finished morning stuff and lunch (it's 3:15 pm here). 

I HAVE been making a lot of progress in the evenings with filing.  I think I'm only two years behind now?  Go me.  

Well, it's morning in the Indian Ocean, so you're ahead of the game, aren't you?  

http://www.antipodr.com/

• Like 1

Quick - Black Forest gummie bears or worms?

The worms are for when you are singing a lonely song.

Nobody likes me

everybody hates me 

I'm gonna go eat worms....

• Like 1

Slache's drunk again and hitting on all the pretty ladies.

Wait until she starts kissing them all on the cheek!

• Like 2

I had no more than parked the van at children's choir when dh called to let me know that dd10 was bleeding from getting in the head hit by a neighbor kid with a piece of pvc pipe. (He thinks she's OK - more of a scrape.)

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Why did the neighbor kid wield a PVC pipe?

• Like 2

So he could come in and stand next to me while I did my business. Why else?

Well, it's good to know if you ever have an aneurysm (brought on by persistently loving and clinging family) your boy will be able to help the paramedics reach you quickly!

• Like 2

Oh, Susan! It never rains but it pours.

I finally made it to the couch. Now if I could just get someone to bring me a bowl of mashed potatoes the size of my head.

:mellow:  :ohmy:   :scared:  :svengo:

That's okay, you can just give us all kisses instead!

Unless they're that carrot cake flavored ones they were hawking around Easter time. Those were nasty.

Annnnnnd it's another Booya/h for me!! I'm going to make it a Candy Kiss Booya/h

(because my all time favorite commercial is the Hershey's Kisses Christmas commercial with the kisses as handbells)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

I had no more than parked the van at children's choir when dh called to let me know that dd10 was bleeding from getting in the head hit by a neighbor kid with a piece of pvc pipe. (He thinks she's OK - more of a scrape.)

Head wounds generally bleed more than they're worth.

I'm so sorry Susan!! Rocco, Roderigo....get Susan....what ever she wants. And make it a double. Stat. Forthwith.

• Like 2

Unless they're that carrot cake flavored ones they were hawking around Easter time. Those were nasty.

Annnnnnd it's another Booya/h for me!! I'm going to make it a Candy Kiss Booya/h

(because my all time favorite commercial is the Hershey's Kisses Christmas commercial with the kisses as handbells)

That is a good commercial!  

I'll have to ask ILs how those carrot cake ones went over.  I saw them left over after Easter at their house.  I figured that was simply too far away from dark chocolate to be good for us.  

I did break down and buy ONE package of mocha-flavored M&Ms....

Edited by AMJ

I just had a fantastic protein salad for dinner. The protein was actually a vegetarian legume and and the salad was from a south american plant utilized around the world for a variety of exquisite dishes.

Wow, Slashie, that sounds....just....delicious!!! I think.
  • Like 1