Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

:grouphug:  for Dawn.

Tex, I'm with you on the grades only in objectively measured classes (math [well, not so much now with AoPS], science, etc.)  Of course, I only figured this out and implemented it last year, so...why didn't you tell me sooner?? :toetap05:

Lynn:  We did the Super Tuesday thing last night, too.  I told my daughter that she picked a really weird year to acquire political awareness.  :scared:  (BTW, we watched the coverage on Fox Business.  The talking heads behaved, mostly, like grown-ups.  Just an FYI, in case you're interested.)

Susan:  We are heading into Not So Big City for an eye appointment today; must be an ITT routine maintenance day!

Ellie:  Good luck!  Avoid treacherous roads!

And...WHERE THE HECK IS RENAI?

ETA:  AND QUACKERS?

blow-kiss.gif

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I have the most unladylike almost 10 year old daughter. She walks around the house ripping huge burps and making fart noises with her arm pit. And my 5 year old dd defends her... "Burping isn't gross, Mommy! It makes people laugh!"

So, I am just unmotivated today. Oldest son is just a difficult child. Very difficult. And we've been going through a rough patch lately, which makes me so discouraged. He is in b&m school this year, so he's out of the house part of the day, but he's the kind of child that just carries conflict with him like Pigpen (from Charlie Brown) carries that cloud of dirt. So, basically he gets home and the whole atmosphere of our house changes. We tried counseling last summer. Apparently it is my fault because I am OCD. Really? No one has ever told me I was OCD. Anyhow, this has just been a rough several weeks. Although, it's kind of funny, I opened my Bible this morning and just read what was there. Usually, I don't do that, I'm working my way through several books, so generally I do that. But this morning I was so down and I just didn't feel like doing devotions. So, I just opened it and it happened to be Romans and read, "But of Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people." - Romans 10:21

And it was kind of like God was saying,"I know how you feel."

• Like 10

Sending lots of  :grouphug: .

Music lessons are cancelled this week for Spring Break, so that means we're getting extra homeschool done.  (That's what Spring Break means, right?) ;)

Found out that ds15's baseball team is doing a Krispy Kreme fundraiser.  I am not happy.  We are supposed to sell coupons for a dozen of their original donuts -- for $8.  I think we may have to adopt Mary's dh's method:  "I am the worst salesperson in the world.  Would you like to buy some over-priced donuts?)   :svengo: For real.

Previous baseball teams have done Yankee Candle fundraisers.  They sell the candles at the same price that they are in the store.  Yankee Candle takes the profit loss and donates it to the team.  There is a great fundraiser that I would happily do every year.

My house needs to be cleaned.  I don't want to do it.

I need to sell some stuffs on ebay.  I don't want to do that either.

• Like 8

Ah.  That's nice that you were able to get him back to his family so quickly. 

I know, I was amazed that the whole system worked so well! It helped that the dog didn't go far. He was just hanging out where he picks up his boy after school, at the school crosswalk, as if we should all be picking kids up. 

• Like 5

There are two local fundraisers that I actually love.

One is a local boy scout troop that sells geraniums for $3/pot. They drive the pickup truck to the neighborhood and you can pick out the ones you want right out of the back. I think I scared the poor kid last time with my excitement over geraniums. :D

The other is a local high school band program that sells a "flag service". For a yearly fee, they will place a weatherproof flag/pole in your front yard (or wherever you want it) for the major "flag holidays" - Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, etc. They put it up the night/morning before and take it down 24ish hours later.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 10

I have the most unladylike almost 10 year old daughter. She walks around the house ripping huge burps and making fart noises with her arm pit. And my 5 year old dd defends her... "Burping isn't gross, Mommy! It makes people laugh!"

So, I am just unmotivated today. Oldest son is just a difficult child. Very difficult. And we've been going through a rough patch lately, which makes me so discouraged. He is in b&m school this year, so he's out of the house part of the day, but he's the kind of child that just carries conflict with him like Pigpen (from Charlie Brown) carries that cloud of dirt. So, basically he gets home and the whole atmosphere of our house changes. We tried counseling last summer. Apparently it is my fault because I am OCD. Really? No one has ever told me I was OCD. Anyhow, this has just been a rough several weeks. Although, it's kind of funny, I opened my Bible this morning and just read what was there. Usually, I don't do that, I'm working my way through several books, so generally I do that. But this morning I was so down and I just didn't feel like doing devotions. So, I just opened it and it happened to be Romans and read, "But of Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people." - Romans 10:21

And it was kind of like God was saying,"I know how you feel."

What a beautiful verse.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

And it's not you!  I'm pretty sure that's not how counseling works! 

• Like 3

Our boy scout troop is contemplating doing a bbq plate fundraiser--pre-order and then drive through to pick up.  Way better than selling popcorn as a cub scout.

I have only ever bought 1 bag of BSA popcorn. It was $10 and that was only because I bought something $10 from his sister and he was a good salesman. "You know...if you happen to have just one more $10, you can buy from both of us and that would be awesome. See? I have a $10 popcorn just for you!" (He is only in 1st grade. Already a fabulous salesman.) 

So, yeah, I would be all about the bbq plate, especially if it means I don't have to cook. 

• Like 5

Dd has been at a playdate for two hours. I cleaned the girls' room in 1hr50min. We have cleaned together several times, but she simply has too much stuff.  I sorted and tidied and quietly edited out a number of unplayed with items. It feels deceptive, but for this child, I think it was necessary.  Her allergies have been flaring again and she has another chalazion. I simply have to be able to completely wipe down her room every single week.

ETA: We're home and she is very relieved and gleeful that her room is clean. Phew!

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 5

Just popping in to say that the ITT basketball team is the number one seed in their division at Nationals.    The boys 14U is divided into several divisions, which is further divided into programs by size.  We are in the 3A/4A program Division 1, #1 seed.  There are 16 teams in our group.  Division 1 5A/6A program (bigger ones) has 16 teams, also.  The #1 seed in that group of 16 is the team who beat us at Regionals.  I don't like them. They cheat and play dirty.  I hope we don't have to play them, but if all goes as planned, we will.

That's AWESOME!!! Way to go ITT bb team!

• Like 3

Have not ketched up... 12 pages!!

Except for the Bball team :party:

I am wiped. Today was the regional deadline for ds13's National History Day project. He hadn't proofed it or even looked at the rules!! So many, many changes. And proportions in Algebra. And I lost my aops solutions manual. Gone. I looked EVERYWHERE. And his brains and motivation had completely left the building. Kill me now. I feel like I have been yelling all.day.long. Seriously, if y'all had been here today, you would not like me anymore, not one bit.

But, our 7:40am dental appt :huh: , was cavity free, so there's that. And ds11 made a smorgasbord dinner from the fridge even though he got zero attention today. :wub: There, I feel better now. Kind of.

• Like 5

Dd has been at a playdate for two hours. I cleaned the girls' room in 1hr50min. We have cleaned together several times, but she simply has too much stuff. I sorted and tidied and quietly edited out a number of unplayed with items. It feels deceptive, but for this child, I think it was necessary. Her allergies have been flaring again and she has another chalazion. I simply have to be able to completely wipe down her room every single week.

ETA: We're home and she is very relieved and gleeful that her room is clean. Phew!

I do this twice a year. If they don't want me to, they have to keep it shiny. That is the standard, so they have a choice. They never do, so they don't get to complain. :leaving:

• Like 5

Krissi, it's not your fault. (((hugs)))

Dawn, we've been in the same church situation. Dh liked our old one and stayed years past when I wanted to leave. Now we are at the new one, which we both like, but it has flaws, too, because there are PEOPLE involved. Ugh. I'm hiding in my closet because I have struggles with politics, religion, and money. Also, there are PEOPLE out there. :leaving:

Weird, we are going through something too. I wish I could get into it, but can't now because public forum. Maybe it will be a story for our second year :party:

• Like 3

Have not ketched up... 12 pages!!

Except for the Bball team :party:

I am wiped. Today was the regional deadline for ds13's National History Day project. He hadn't proofed it or even looked at the rules!! So many, many changes. And proportions in Algebra. And I lost my aops solutions manual. Gone. I looked EVERYWHERE. And his brains and motivation had completely left the building. Kill me now. I feel like I have been yelling all.day.long. Seriously, if y'all had been here today, you would not like me anymore, not one bit.

But, our 7:40am dental appt :huh: , was cavity free, so there's that. And ds11 made a smorgasbord dinner from the fridge even though he got zero attention today. :wub: There, I feel better now. Kind of.

Let me know what pages you need in the solutions manual and I can scan and email them to you. (Later. Just dropped the short person at Awana.)

• Like 2

OK - I've been dreaming for days about being home long enough to make a major dent in the laundry etc. But it's so mind-numbingly boring!

Music, Jean.

The only thing that gets me through laundry is AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc.

So put on some ZZ Top and fold away. :lol:

ETA: Maybe it will help you feel better from niece drama too. See a twofer. :lol:

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 3

Dd has been able to make the K sound while using her finger as a "speech helper" (using it as a tactile reminder to push her tongue back to make the sound). Today, the speech therapist asked her to make the sound without her finger today. She just wanted to see if she could do it, but we really weren't expecting her to do it. 

Low and behold, she made 3 K sounds without a speech helper! Wahoo!! 

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 12

I'm home. I'm beat. I'm going to bed. Now to translate that into Latin. 

The boys did school with Nana today. Apparently they blew through their work in a record four hours. Shows on parasites and bacteria for hours on end seem to be highly motivating.

• Like 7

Let me know what pages you need in the solutions manual and I can scan and email them to you. (Later. Just dropped the short person at Awana.)

You are a total doll. :wub: I actually contacted aops and bought access to the online version. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have found the book for a decade. Since I did, I will probably find it tomorrow lol.

• Like 9

You are a total doll. :wub: I actually contacted aops and bought access to the online version. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have found the book for a decade. Since I did, I will probably find it tomorrow lol.

I'm glad you found a solution.  So to speak.

:laugh:

• Like 5