• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I got myself (though I'll share with the family) a hammock!!! I've been wanting one for years. It's so comfy. I want to try it on a boat.

We used to have one. Best. thing. ever. I'm going to have to buy another one. Where did you get yours?

• Like 1

Mostly nonsense.

#saveachickeneatacat

Or something like that.

A lot of hashtags, and lots of fun, actually. The hashtag thing grew on me. A lot of my best work was in that thread. 

Did you look up the restaurant serving human yet, Slash?

• Like 1

Speaking of butts, I feel like one. Someone close to me has just completely betrayed my trust. I don't know what to do. :(

Who has been messing with my Renai-poo?  Ain't nobody messes with my girls and gets away with it.  Who was it?  The elephant ninja matriarch is angry now and needs to do some stompin'.

:ph34r: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 4

That was correct.

(Typed while resting my head on my new silk pillowcase)

How do you manage to hold your head on there?  I always found them too slippery.  We would wake up with naked pillows and the pillow case on the floor.

We used to have one. Best. thing. ever. I'm going to have to buy another one. Where did you get yours?

I am hammockly challenged.  I always either fall off/out (of the ones with sticks to keep them spread) or get tangled up like a dolphin in a net (in the sack-like ones).  I will look on in envy as you more horizontally coordinated folk relax and enjoy them.

• Like 3

Still dealing with last night's situation. I naturally believe people, especially family, so this is hard. I don't know what to believe anymore. This just might be the last straw.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Still dealing with last night's situation. I naturally believe people, especially family, so this is hard. I don't know what to believe anymore. This just might be the last straw.

I'm sorry. I hate when everything feels broken. I'm a believer too. I have bad stories to go with it. Hugs.

• Like 1

How do you manage to hold your head on there? I always found them too slippery. We would wake up with naked pillows and the pillow case on the floor.

My head seems ok with it. I only got one so the one underneath it would have more grip. The pillowcase sort of wraps around the pillow so out won't fall off.

I am hammockly challenged.  I always either fall off/out (of the ones with sticks to keep them spread) or get tangled up like a dolphin in a net (in the sack-like ones).  I will look on in envy as you more horizontally coordinated folk relax and enjoy them.

I had a nice fabric one, so nothing to get tangled up in. I used to lay in it and nurse the youngest when she was little. She was a hard baby. I remember thinking before she was born how I'd like to get a baby hammock thingy, but they were expensive. Us laying in the big hammock was the best thing. You would find us in the middle of winter, wrapped in a blanket, swinging in the hammock. Yes, she was that hard.

• Like 2

I had a nice fabric one, so nothing to get tangled up in. I used to lay in it and nurse the youngest when she was little. She was a hard baby. I remember thinking before she was born how I'd like to get a baby hammock thingy, but they were expensive. Us laying in the big hammock was the best thing. You would find us in the middle of winter, wrapped in a blanket, swinging in the hammock. Yes, she was that hard.

I managed to get trapped even in the fabric ones.  I don't know what my deal is, so I make do stretching out on porch swings instead (when I get the chance).

• Like 2

Okay, let's see if I copied the link to a thread correctly:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/553981-fun-article-a-guy-gets-a-taste-of-the-monthly-reality-in-some-womens-lives/

You gotta go read the article she links!  A dude who finally gets it!!!!

Since I always get trapped in this thread once I'm in, I read that thread first. Funny article!

• Like 2

I got myself (though I'll share with the family) a hammock!!! I've been wanting one for years. It's so comfy. I want to try it on a boat.

I love hammocks, but will give you some solid advice here. If the hammock is too high for you to get into easily, step on something to get into it as opposed to jumping wildly and then flipping yourself over it backwards, landing on your head/shoulder, and damaging the cartilage in your sternum so that you can't sneeze without severe pain for the following month. Ask me how I know. No, don't ask; just trust me on this one. :D

• Like 9

Well, the person finally admitted what went on. I still don't know what to think. I need someone to talk to.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:bigear: :bigear: :bigear:   But only if you are comfortable sharing.

• Like 1

I just bought it at Costco. It's made of parachute silk, so no netting to get tangled up in. It's very easy to set up and take down, too. It's called Chillax (made by La Siesta). It was $40 Canadian.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  Sorry you got hurt by someone.  

Not to belittle the situation, but hopefully toss in some humour - I have a couple creative ideas of what you can do with that "last straw" (some fun and some nasty). I've heard that drinking beer through a straw gets you drunk faster. Margaritas taste better, though.

:grouphug:  Sorry you got hurt by someone.  

Not to belittle the situation, but hopefully toss in some humour - I have a couple creative ideas of what you can do with that "last straw" (some fun and some nasty). I've heard that drinking beer through a straw gets you drunk faster. Margaritas taste better, though.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that type of humor will not do, when the other party is an alcoholic. I don't know how I can spin this in a funny way. I was lied to and stolen from. Anyone who knows me knows how seriously I take that. It makes me question so much more, and it's not being taken seriously because it was just $xx. Honestly, I'd be able to deal with being cheated on better than I'm dealing with this.

I don't even curse, in writing or talking, but this is exactly how I feel right now:

11391280_1420461088278031_59720536983465

• Like 6

I just bought it at Costco. It's made of parachute silk, so no netting to get tangled up in. It's very easy to set up and take down, too. It's called Chillax (made by La Siesta). It was $40 Canadian.

The one we had was made of some rough fabric, knitted well together. It was very nice. Until one of our dogs thought it would be a great idea to keep peeing on it when someone didn't hang it back up completely and a piece was lying on the ground. You cannot clean it enough. We wound up throwing it.

I need to look for another. We don't have a Cosco in our area. I'll be doing some hammock research online...

I love hammocks, but will give you some solid advice here. If the hammock is too high for you to get into easily, step on something to get into it as opposed to jumping wildly and then flipping yourself over it backwards, landing on your head/shoulder, and damaging the cartilage in your sternum so that you can't sneeze without severe pain for the following month. Ask me how I know. No, don't ask; just trust me on this one. :D

Oh, Susan. Is THAT what happened?? And here we were, feeling sorry for you...jk. That sounds like a really bad fall. I'm sorry that happened to you.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that type of humor will not do, when the other party is an alcoholic. I don't know how I can spin this in a funny way. I was lied to and stolen from. Anyone who knows me knows how seriously I take that. It makes me question so much more, and it's not being taken seriously because it was just $xx. Honestly, I'd be able to deal with being cheated on better than I'm dealing with this.

I don't even curse, in writing or talking, but this is exactly how I feel right now:

Sorry, Renai. :sad:

FWIW, I think it's better to be openhearted than an unrelenting cynic.  And I think finding the perfect balance between the extremes is elusive (at best.)

:grouphug:

• Like 4

Well, the person finally admitted what went on. I still don't know what to think. I need someone to talk to.

:grouphug: I can send MG kitty to teach them a lesson...or try my papercut method.....Or could just listen if you need to talk 

• Like 5

I've never actually accomplished this-truly a 10 on the Spectacular Fall list-but I've come close.  Now I think that hammocks should rank right up there with trampolines for backyard hazards.

• Like 2

Thanks.

What a piece of work to betray you like that.  For me that would be a severing of ties.  I despise being lied to more than anything in the world, and do not forgive easily.  And to have it brushed off as not a serious thing because it was a small amount of money is ridiculous.  It did not belong to that person they are not entitled to have it.  It doesn't matter if it was a quarter, it is the notion that they felt they had a right to take what wasn't their's in the first place.

• Like 3

Sorry, Renai. :sad:

FWIW, I think it's better to be openhearted than an unrelenting cynic.  And I think finding the perfect balance between the extremes is elusive (at best.)

:grouphug:

I'm too much of a sucker to be an unrelenting cynic. I'm the one trying to convince my 15yo dd not to become one. The balance is hard, but I have a strong faith. I think.

• Like 3

I love hammocks, but will give you some solid advice here. If the hammock is too high for you to get into easily, step on something to get into it as opposed to jumping wildly and then flipping yourself over it backwards, landing on your head/shoulder, and damaging the cartilage in your sternum so that you can't sneeze without severe pain for the following month. Ask me how I know. No, don't ask; just trust me on this one.  :D 

I'm sorry, but I laughed anyway. The mental picture put me in mind of the time I decided to gracefully leap across my garden (I was feeling all happy and full of spring), landed almost hip deep in a hole that used to have a post in it, and for a full three seconds I was pretty sure I'd fractured my femur. That was the last time I danced in the garden! (I didn't fracture anything, but I limped around for a week and had some pretty colors in my skin to remind me of my adventure.)

• Like 4

Speaking of butts, I feel like one. Someone close to me has just completely betrayed my trust. I don't know what to do. :(

Sorry. That stinks. Really, really stinks. 

People don't realize what they have until it's gone (that would be your trust).  

ETA: just caught up on the rest and saw you were taking it to PM. So I'll put these here :scared:   :cursing:  :grouphug: . I'm really sorry that you are going through that.  It all would suck, but having people dismiss and belittle what I was thinking and how I felt...well, I don't know what I'd do. It wouldn't be pretty, but probably memorable.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I laughed anyway. The mental picture put me in mind of the time I decided to gracefully leap across my garden (I was feeling all happy and full of spring), landed almost hip deep in a hole that used to have a post in it, and for a full three seconds I was pretty sure I'd fractured my femur. That was the last time I danced in the garden! (I didn't fracture anything, but I limped around for a week and had some pretty colors in my skin to remind me of my adventure.)

For some reason, this reminds me of the time I was pregnant with my second. I was about 5 months along, but big. The neighbor (we live in a triplex) was showing me something, so I climbed the fence to see. Now, this is a log fence, I was stepping on a log about a foot off the ground. I could not figure out how to get down. At all. I had to call my husband from inside the house to help me climb down. That was the second time it had happened. The first time, I had climbed a higher fence. I thought the low fence was safe. The best I can think of it, is that my center of gravity was completely thrown off and I thought I would fall. It was hilarious then, too.

• Like 3

my dad trained in the merchant marine in poland & they had to sleep in hammocks on their teaching vessel. The ship is a museum now. http://www.en.nmm.pl/dar-pomorza/history-of-the-building-dar

Here are the hammocks below decks http://www.nmm.pl/upload/Images/cke/Dar-Pomorza-edukacja/zycie_codzienne_na_Darze_Pomorza.jpg

We take our hammock camping with us mostly for the hours of spectator amusement watching people trying to get in & out.

• Like 5

(((hugs)))  Dh's family is a "watch your back" kind of situation for us and has been for a long time. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3