Menu

Ignore this thread!

Okay, I cancelled the amazon order and am now leaning toward plastic. (We have a couple of chewers in the mix; it sounds like plastic will hold up better). Just gotta decide on the size of set.

Get the biggest set you can afford. Everyone can play with them, even the littles.

• Like 2

Awww, I read that whole thread.  Libby is doing really well considering.  Little dd was born with bilateral clubfoot, and it looks like Libby has a dog version of that on her front paw so dd was very excited thinking that Libby was like her.  

Despite doing a lot of therapy with her, the ligaments in her leg/paw have shortened, making her paw curve in.  

What??? Back to the drawing board. Or in this case, the amazon cart. I actually had a set with my oldest. But, once we gave up thinking we'd ever have another one (11 years infertility will do that), I got rid of them.

I got the big classroom set Slache linked to above.  Eligible for 30 day returns, so if I don't like it, it's a win-win.  Return it AND give Slache lots of grief about it.   :coolgleamA:  :D

• Like 2

Do any of you use Google now? What does it do for you?

Seriously?

When you sign in, you can use google drive and save all your bookmarks and such. You can go to any computer in the world and sign in, and there's all your stuff. I can do homework anywhere now, because I type it up in drive. Special formatting, I wait to get home and download it, format it, then upload to drive again. Cool stuff. My dd15 taught me all this.

Okay, so I thought she was asking, Does any use Google at this moment?  I eel rather dense.

ETA: some off the keys are sticking on my laptop and it's irritating.

• Like 5

Okay, so I thought she was asking, Does any use Google at this moment?  I eel rather dense.

ETA: some off the keys are sticking on my laptop and it's irritating.

I thought the same thing.  So was she asking about something called Google Now?  Is that a thing?  (Yes, I could google it but it would defeat the purpose of asking here.)

• Like 2

I thought the same thing.  So was she asking about something called Google Now?  Is that a thing?  (Yes, I could google it but it would defeat the purpose of asking here.)

Yes, apparently there is such a thing:

Google now

That's right, they use the lower case "n" - which my grammarOCD can't handle.  It will bug me.  I'm twitching.

• Like 4

Get the biggest set you can afford. Everyone can play with them, even the littles.

Yes! And never get rid of them. I pull out my math manipulatives (I got the MathUSee rods, though we never did the curriculum) once a week, at least, especially since we started using Beast Academy with my young guys (which rocks!); (How many brackets are you allowed in one sentence?).  :laugh:

Other fun math toys that you can learn to play with when you learn new math stuff with your elementary kids doing BA:  :wub:

- tooth picks

- pattern tiles

- Blokus 

- graph paper and pencil crayons

We've only finished books 3A and 4A, so there may be many more toys to come in the next books. 

• Like 3

Yes, apparently there is such a thing:

Google now

That's right, they use the lower case "n" - which my grammarOCD can't handle.  It will bug me.  I'm twitching.

But I am already irritated because of my keyboard.  So there's that.

• Like 1

Yes! And never get rid of them. I pull out my math manipulatives (I got the MathUSee rods, though we never did the curriculum) once a week, at least, especially since we started using Beast Academy with my young guys (which rocks!); (How many brackets are you allowed in one sentence?).  :laugh:

Other fun math toys that you can learn to play with when you learn new math stuff with your elementary kids doing BA:  :wub:

- tooth picks

- pattern tiles

- Blokus 

- graph paper and pencil crayons

We've only finished books 3A and 4A, so there may be many more toys to come in the next books. 

Wait up, hold the horses, stop the presses.  Do you mean to say I need these darn rod thingies for BA?  (We're almost through 3A and I haven't needed them yet...)  Because I'm pretty sure those c rods aren't ever going to make it into my house unless someone buys them for me.  Same with Bravewriter.  At this point it is just me being really stubborn, I know that.  I have no rational reason for never ever ever buying them.  I may some day be convinced.  Today is probably not that day.  And hopefully DS will be past them before I ever feel the need to give in.  Just so I don't have to.

(He did fine with pictures of them in MiF.  I think he is like me and can visualize the blocks without needing them physically there.)

Wait up, hold the horses, stop the presses.  Do you mean to say I need these darn rod thingies for BA?  (We're almost through 3A and I haven't needed them yet...)  Because I'm pretty sure those c rods aren't ever going to make it into my house unless someone buys them for me.  Same with Bravewriter.  At this point it is just me being really stubborn, I know that.  I have no rational reason for never ever ever buying them.  I may some day be convinced.  Today is probably not that day.  And hopefully DS will be past them before I ever feel the need to give in.  Just so I don't have to.

(He did fine with pictures of them in MiF.  I think he is like me and can visualize the blocks without needing them physically there.)

No, you don't need the rods for BA. You can use the graph paper they have in their books for the area and perimeter stuff. I just like to bring out my toys! 

• Like 1

Where DID that child go?  How does one educate a child that cannot be located??

Maybe he is with River avoiding the bounty hunter and becoming the ship.

Yeah, we were watching it again this evening.  Got the kids good and hooked!

• Like 2

Here's the link to my ten minutes of fame thread:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/554074-texasmama-you-were-right/

I accidentally posted on your fame thread when I meant to post here. I missed the Keen thread and just bought new sandles (not Keens). Sorry. I like them, though. http://www.naturalizer.ca/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0116638&pg=7008246

I tried to do math with Legos when we first started homeschooling, and DS got SOOOOO mad at me.  He didn't want his toys to be tainted by math.  So that's the real reason I never bought the c rods.  I figured they would just be an expensive toy used for his toy battles (projectiles of some sort) and not math.

• Like 3

".......calculator."

"How do you calc someone?"

"Huh?"

"And do it now, if you are gonna.  Don't do it later."

"Huh?"

"It's a joke.  Calc you later?"

-----

"How do you calc someone?"

------

"How do you--"

"Hush, DD.  You are beating that into a big, pulpy mess."

• Like 5

I tried to do math with Legos when we first started homeschooling, and DS got SOOOOO mad at me.  He didn't want his toys to be tainted by math.  So that's the real reason I never bod the c rods.  I figured they would just be an expensive toy used for his toy battles (projectiles of some sort) and not math.

Great idea about the LEGOS! I never thought of that, and I'm pretty sure my dc would get possessive as well. I keep my MUS blocks in my cupboard so I can play with them when I need to.  :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm hoping to live into my 90's or beyond.

I don't care how old I am as long as I've got the energy and physical capabilities to be active (hopefully playing tennis with dh) and enjoy a glass of wine and some chocolate. It would be great to have the opportunties to spoil some grandchildren, too. 

Leave me alone.

Sniff.

My Oreos love me.

flippinghair.gif

How long will that last, though?  When you aren't taking a bite out of them you are ripping their guts out.  A cookie can only take so much....

• Like 3

How long will that last, though?  When you aren't taking a bite out of them you are ripping their guts out.  A cookie can only take so much....

I like to scrape their guts out with my teeth. I never though of eating a cookie as being so aggressive.  :closedeyes:

• Like 4

Nan is having more periods of apnea.  She has slept all day except when the aide came to give her bath and we helped change the sheets and her clothes.  I don't know that I am prescient here, but today seems different.  MIL came to see her this past Saturday.  Nan was up all day yesterday talking non stop.  I think she might be letting go.  I told dh.

His brother and sister are being the biggest jackwagons ever so that makes it all 100 times harder.   

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I still want to die at 68. Is there a way to do that?

No, you've been laughing far too much to be able to pull that off.  You are going to end up on one of Willard Scott's Smuckers labels, old lady!

I see you haven't read the entire thread. ;) Everyone in my family is/was an addict aside from me and one cousin. Watching them age was terrifying, especially my grandmother who had cancer. She was given 2 years but made it 6 and I watched her wither away. It gave me a faulty view of what ageing is supposed to look like and I just never got over it. I have stories of peeling skin, a prolapsed uterus, blood gushing from horrible places, bones breaking during normal activity. Ugh. To me that's what growing old looks like. I know it's not true, but knowing something with your head and believing it with your heart are two different things.

Oh, you'll get over that head trip long before you reach what you think of as "old".  This is where a boatload of the fun is at!

And all that laughing you've been doing with/at us will keep you younger far, far longer than anything else.

• Like 2

Scorpions and bunny poop. This thread is taking some interesting twists and turns. Any other wild/unruly creatures out there in people's laudry rooms?

ETA: I'm only posting to see if I can get to the top of the next page and say that cool word. Didn't work, though. Rats.

• Like 1