Menu

Style of jeans men usually wear with cowboy boots?

klmama

Boot cut would seem obvious, but many other styles can also fit over boots.  Certain people here think that loose fit jeans also work with boots because they fit over the boot.  Certain others think that they look ridiculous, whether they "fit" over the boots or not.  Hence, the question. 

I'm in the Southwest-ish.  If actual cowboys (i.e. ranchers and horse trainers) are wearing boots, it's with Wranglers.  If young guys (high school/20s) are wearing boots, it's with jeans that would be trendy like from the Buckle, going for an "urban cowboy" look.  :)

Are we talking about in the sticks? Wrangler Boot Cut for the farm boys. If you are talking about in our artsy district, cowboy boots are also in style, black skinny jeans with sparkles. And lots of hair gel. But that is something a man would do to attract other men... not to effectively wrangle cows.

Slim wranglers usually boot cut. The wrangler work jeans are thicker, tougher denim then the Levi's. Guys who live the lifestyle need a pretty tough pair of jeans. If you are older then 10 and wearing anything else with cowboy boots people will notice you and assume you don't actually live the lifestyle. I'm meaning different cuts such as carpenter, loose, or skinny (especially tucked in *shudder*), not different brands. The odd person wears different brands. My dad always buys his jeans at Costco and they aren't wranglers.

Okay, thanks everyone.  People don't wear Wrangler's around here.  I looked at the Wrangler's website to see what their boot cut jeans look like, which they seem to call cowboy cut, and they look like regular straight jeans to me, but just a bit wider to fit over a boot. 

New question.  Most of the cowboy cut jeans were worn extra long, so they wrinkled up all along the leg.  Is that really how they wear them where you are?  Is that so the boots stay covered when they sit? 

Okay, thanks everyone. People don't wear Wrangler's around here. I looked at the Wrangler's website to see what their boot cut jeans look like, which they seem to call cowboy cut, and they look like regular straight jeans to me, but just a bit wider to fit over a boot.

New question. Most of the cowboy cut jeans were worn extra long, so they wrinkled up all along the leg. Is that really how they wear them where you are? Is that so the boots stay covered when they sit?

A little extra is needed in the leg so is stays down over the boot while riding. Only a little though. Most the model pictures have a little more then is needed. I wear a 35' inseam on other pants and a 36-37' inseam on my riding pants. My nice riding pants are 37'. My at home pair are 36'.

Makes sense!  Not many real cowboys in this urban area.  I grew up in a rural area; boot-wearing guys there wore Levi's that were tight in the thigh and obviously flared at the bottom, but that may have just been because that was the popular style then (late 70s).  I have no idea how many of them actually rode horses.  I'm glad to know that loose fit jeans haven't become the norm for wearing with cowboy boots. It just looks wrong!