Menu

I need to change browsers...

ProudGrandma

which one do you use and why do you  like it?  Once I decide, how does one go about learning the ins and outs of that particular browser?  thanks.

Firefox.

Chrome does some strange things on discussion forums, such as truncating text instead of allowing it to fill up the space (it looks fine when you're entering text, but when the post actually shows up, the text is truncated). I have known people who were unable to use hyperlinks--IDK if that was an earlier version or what, but it was so.

I use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Firefox was always my preferred browser, but I think on my very old Linux box (which died on New Years Day) I was having issues with graphics and/or videos and began using Chromium (Google Chrome is based on Chromium).    This is my M$ Windows 7 Professional laptop and it has Google Chrome (which I use most of the time), Mozilla Firefox (which I use occasionally) and it also has M$ Internet Explorer which is a default of Microsoft. I do not use Internet Explorer, except when checking to see if something I have on a web site looks OK in that browser. Chrome and Firefox both seem to be stable.  My wife switched to Google Chrome I think because she is a gamer and had problems with Mozilla Firefox on Club Pogo.  DD uses Google Chrome. Firefox has more settings that I can configure and I appreciate that.  Try them!

I use Chrome most of the time and Firefox if there's a site Chrome doesn't work well on.

I used to use Firefox all the time, but then that one got banned at school (supposedly too easy for viruses to come through it?) and I got used to Chrome, so like it here at home too.

Internet Explorer has the most issues with websites, so I stay away from that one except in rare situations.  We do need it to run announcements at school though.  I never found out why Chrome doesn't work for those.

I'm curious what browser you have now, on what operating system, and why do you need to change it?  My impression, and I'm not an expert, is that they are all pretty much the same.  Some pages don't work on some browsers, but, by and large, most work the same on most all newish browsers.

I have AOL...and I am having more and more problems with them....not opening up sites mostly.  But when I go to a different browser, I have no problem...and my email is an AOL email.  I do have a gmail account too...because a message board I was on didn't like AOL...I couldn't post emails from that account.  

Chrome and Firefox.

Most of the Chrome issues are gone and searches are very accurate for what I am looking for.  I use Firefox for the few times when Chrome doesn't seem to play nice with the website, but it is getting less and less necessary. 

I'm curious what browser you have now, on what operating system, and why do you need to change it?  My impression, and I'm not an expert, is that they are all pretty much the same.  Some pages don't work on some browsers, but, by and large, most work the same on most all newish browsers.

I see you've never tried to use Internet Explorer. ;)

Chrome and Firefox.

Most of the Chrome issues are gone and searches are very accurate for what I am looking for.  I use Firefox for the few times when Chrome doesn't seem to play nice with the website, but it is getting less and less necessary. 

This has been my experience too.  Chrome's search engine is extremely good at figuring out what I'm looking for and it seems to work more quickly.  I had a (school) year of comparing them last year and went from almost exclusively using Firefox to almost exclusively using Chrome.  Then this year when the Powers That Be told us we couldn't even have Firefox loaded on school computers, that sort of sealed it.  I don't have it on my (new) computer.  When I want Firefox, I use hubby's computer as that's still his main browser.

I probably wouldn't have changed from Firefox had it not been for my experience with Chrome at school, but Chrome's search engine definitely reads my mind better (and I like that).

Hubby and I both left Internet Explorer due to its oodles of issues with many sites.

I use chrome and firefox and tend to go back and forth between depending on which versions I like more. Just switched back to firefox because of how tiny some text is in chrome at the moment, it seems to be ignoring the fonts on certain sites and it's alternative is absolutely minute.

I use Chrome (and once in a blue moon Firefox).  I have a Gmail account.

I only open Internet Explorer it I have to check what a website looks like on it, and I always cringe because I know it will wreak havoc with everything and I will be reconfiguring the whole system for days.

Wendy