Menu

Introversion, Extroversion Test

fairfarmhand

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The summary didn't feel like me though. I have trouble with these though. There are often a LOT of questions where I really feel like it depends so much. Like, "new experiences" - well, I seek some out relentlessly, like travel, but others, like food not at all. Or do people come to me for advice or find me easy to talk to? Well, some people really, really do and say I'm open and kind and it always surprises me and other people find me really annoying and closed off and weird.

I had the same problem.  Some people tell my very personal things and I seem to be a confidant to them... I think because I'm a pretty quiet person, so they feel comfortable with someone who probably isn't going to blab.   OTH, I seem distant to others, which probably looks a bit judgey and severe to the outside world. 

The test was taking too long to load, but I'm pretty introverted. I used to have full-time help when I lived in Asia. The way that it worked for me was getting to know the person so that I was comfortable with her. It was difficult at the beginning, but fine over time. It was brilliant to have the house clean and to have automatic babysitting.

ETA: I got a 21, so maybe it was easier for me to get used to having someone in my home.

There have been a few times when we've hired someone to clean for a day when I'm not home and it is truly lovely to have the house clean when I get back. I think I might get over it if my children were small and I needed help, but my teenagers clean half of the house and someone is almost always available to babysit my youngest. And I like to cook.

I retook the test last night and went down to an 8 so I imagine most anyone could deal with it better than I could. And my need for space was 100. I love to live overseas, but I desperately need my home to be mine.

I have no idea how long each person has been a member of this board, but I find it interesting that many with high introvert numbers (low on this scale) also have a high number of posts.  But, I know folks IRL who are introverted and prolific fb contributors.  

ETA: I calculated that I have averaged about 130 posts/year.

I took the test last night and got around 75. I thought a few of the questions were odd though. For instance, the test-makers seemed to believe that you can have multiple friendships OR very intimate friendships. I thought that was odd. People who genuinely LIKE other people very often have both.

Also many of the choices they give like enjoying time alone or leaving parties early seemed to be more about your overall energy level that introvert vs extrovert. I'm a high energy person. I USED to be a super high energy person. My decisions are different now. Also, since I have kids, homeschool, and a part-time home business, I'm almost NEVER alone. OF COURSE I crave a rate moment of solitude.

I have no idea how long each person has been a member of this board, but I find it interesting that many with high introvert numbers (low on this scale) also have a high number of posts. But, I know folks IRL who are introverted and prolific fb contributors.

I was thinking about this too and figured it makes sense--I know for myself, anyway, that I'm far more likely to share little details here than IRL. It doesn't hurt my feelings if I'm ignored here. :)

I have no idea how long each person has been a member of this board, but I find it interesting that many with high introvert numbers (low on this scale) also have a high number of posts.  But, I know folks IRL who are introverted and prolific fb contributors.  

We've talked before about the large number of introverts who participate here and on other message boards.  Many of us seem to feel much more comfortable with online discussions because we're in control.  We can speak (post) when we wish, clam up when we wish, come here or not when we wish.  There's no pressure.

We've talked before about the large number of introverts who participate here and on other message boards.  Many of us seem to feel much more comfortable with online discussions because we're in control.  We can speak (post) when we wish, clam up when we wish, come here or not when we wish.  There's no pressure.

:iagree:

Add to that the small town deal for some of us.  If I were to share IRL some of the things I share here... yeah, that wouldn't have terrific endings all the time.  (My last hand thread comes to mind!)  It wouldn't help me in my job to share as much about my school either - at least - not with some parts that I share.  Then how much would get back to my boys... 

Here?  Not many of you can REALLY do anything to mess with my life.  Thoughts and advice I can take or leave as I wish.

ETA  Plus there's a wider diversity of experience on here that I can glean from - not just with homeschooling, but with pretty much all of life.  I like to tap into that at times.