Menu

Puh-lease explain to me the hype about "Crocs"

I'm a shoe gal and I love my shoes. Those little Skechers on the other thread are absolutely adorable.

Crocs are NOT cute. They are NOT adorable. Do you really think they are???

I know there are those of you out there that love these babies - what's the deal?

No, I don't think they're cute, but they are as comfortable as can be. And you can get them filthy and then rinse them off. I have a pair of the original ones (clog style) and they are so comfy, but they're starting to show their age. I bought a pair of Land's End knock-offs and they don't even come close. Next year I'll buy a new pair of Crocs. And now they're coming out with strappy sandals that are actually kind of cute...but still wicked comfy! ;)

Have you ever tried any on? They feel like you are walking on cushy clouds.

Sure, they're ugly. But comfort beats ugly sometimes. And I like them because they're easy on & off for Judo.

I like the cheap knockoff ones for my boys because they are easy to clean up.

If I go try them on, decide that I have to have them and they never leave my feet and then am made fun of - you know who's getting the blame, don't you? Yes, you guys are.

They are cushy-

but really hot in the summer- my feet actually sweat in them (and I am not a big sweater ;-(

I wear mine to feed the chicken and the goats in the AM and maybe in the garden- but my feet get filthy dirty through the holes. :tongue_smilie:

The only great benefit I see to them is the ease of a slip on....

I'm thinking that the person who said this:

They feel like you are walking on cushy clouds.

might be to blame.

But if not, yeah, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Anyway, she won't be able to run fast enough in those things to catch me, so there you go!!!!

I'm thinking that the person who said this:

might be to blame.

But if not, yeah, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Anyway, she won't be able to run fast enough in those things to catch me, so there you go!!!!

Yeah, I'd blame her, too.........hey! waitaminute! :leaving:

And here I thought you and I were identical minds today, lol. Make sure you buy them "big." They shouldn't fit snugly. After you buy your pair, you'll be my twin again. ;)

My dh thought they were the ugliest things EVER. I LOVE mine, my dd and ds love theirs too.

After two years, dh finally bought a pair. But he won't wear them in public, lol.

Crocs are ugly. Crocs are comfy. My feet don't care what my shoes look like, they do care how they feel. I think Crocs are ugly enough I need them in several different colors, so far I have navy/orange Auburn University ones, black/red Mickey Mouse ones, purple ones, tan ones, and a pair of black dressy ones. Did I mention my feet don't care that my shoes are ugly? lol

NO WAY would I ever put plastic shoes on my feet to make a fashion statement - and woe to those who do. I think Crocs are horrendous - although, I do see using them for a utilitarian purpose (gardening, etc.). I tried them on once - as a dare - and I didn't find them any more comfortable than the flats I wear to work. I also don't buy them for my children - no plastic shoes for them either. It's just a personal rule.

Besides, the only place on my body that sweats are my feet - plastic just won't work for me. I need something absorbent.

BTW, there was a FABULOUS Newsweek article about Crocs in the August 11, 2008 issue. Here's a link to the same article: http://www.newsweek.com/id/150240/output/print

[Do note that I am writing this with a smile on my face - it may read dry and flat, but I do intend it to be read a bit lighter than it appears.]

NO WAY would I ever put plastic shoes on my feet to make a fashion statement - and woe to those who do. I think Crocs are horrendous - although, I do see using them for a utilitarian purpose (gardening, etc.). I tried them on once - as a dare - and I didn't find them any more comfortable than the flats I wear to work. I also don't buy them for my children - no plastic shoes for them either. It's just a personal rule.

Besides, the only place on my body that sweats are my feet - plastic just won't work for me. I need something absorbent.

I agree. I can't wear plastic and I think it's a VERY bad idea to put soft plastic near your body like that. Crocs aren't plastic, though. :001_smile:

I just went to add these to my Christmas list and was pleasantly surprised at the price ~$30. I was thinking closer to $80 for some reason???

Also surprised to see they have different styles:

Okay, so these I could totally do:

[attach]468[/attach]

Now, these are adorable, but I'd want to see them in person. Because of the material they might look really cheesy. But the shoe style is cute.

[attach]467[/attach]

Which ones or would you stick with the clog style?

Will adding to my Christmas list suffice, Kristine?

I have the flip-flops, which I think are super cute!;)

I have the flip-flops, too. They are so comfy and not at all ugly.:D

Now, I saw a lady the other day who was wearing a lavendar polo shirt, some khaki capris (that looked like "mom jeans"), white socks folder over and a pair of lime green croc clogs. Not all that attractive.;)

I have the flip-flops, too. They are so comfy and not at all ugly.:D

Now, I saw a lady the other day who was wearing a lavendar polo shirt, some khaki capris (that looked like "mom jeans"), white socks folder over and a pair of lime green croc clogs. Not all that attractive.;)

Oh, that is not an attractive look.;) Have you seen the MaryJanes? The are adorable!

No, I don't think they're cute, but they are as comfortable as can be. And you can get them filthy and then rinse them off. I have a pair of the original ones (clog style) and they are so comfy, but they're starting to show their age. I bought a pair of Land's End knock-offs and they don't even come close. Next year I'll buy a new pair of Crocs. And now they're coming out with strappy sandals that are actually kind of cute...but still wicked comfy! ;)

This is me, totally. LOVE my ugly crocs. SO comfortable. Bought a pair of the Lands' End version---- I never wear them; they just don't come close to the original Crocs. Mine are wearing out; next year I'll replace them, but I can't decide on the color!

Astrid

Every member of our family +Katya has Crocs. We LOVE them. Believe it or not, I do think they're cute. I have hot pink Mary Jane style. I love them b/c the kids can quickly identify which ones are theirs since they all have different colors. I love them b/c they slip on/slip off. I love them b/c you can hose them down. I love them b/c the kids don't get STINKY FEET. I don't know why this is true, but it is. One of my kiddoes had horrifically stinky feet - nightly soaking in ACV, etc. BUT, since Crocs - no stinky feet.

I'm a shoe gal and I love my shoes. Those little Skechers on the other thread are absolutely adorable.

Crocs are NOT cute. They are NOT adorable. Do you really think they are???

I know there are those of you out there that love these babies - what's the deal?

I am with you on this one. I don't get them either.

A child has lost a toe on an escalator because he was wearing crocs.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SIN50069.htm

google for "crocs escalator"

I don't mean to spoil everyone's love for them, just be careful buying them for little ones. :)

My son was on an escalator and didn't pick his feet up enough at the top and his crocs got caught and started shredding with his foot still inside. Luckily I was right beside him and yanked him as hard as I could away and nothing bad happened (thank heavens). I think escalators are the only places that you have to worry about though. :001_huh:

I have a pair of Walmart knock-offs. I really like them. They really only get hot if I take them off and leave them out in the sun (they're dark blue). Then they're hot to put back on. I have big feet so these don't look too great to me, but clogs are just big, so I doubt anyone notices.

I wore mine everyday for a week while camping this July. Very comfy, except for on sharp gravel the campground has in the driveway area of the campsites. You can feel the rocks through the clogs.

I love how easy they are to put on & take off. My kids each have a pair of knock-offs too. One has a pair of clogs and the younger one has a pair that look more like Mary Janes. Easy on & off for the kids too.

Edit: some people have mentioned about sweaty feet + Crocs don't work well together. My feet sweat a lot...I can't wear any type of slipper/bootie/slipper socks/etc... but my feet don't sweat in my knock-off "crocs". I do wear no-show socks (below the ankle) quite often with my clogs for comfort, though. If I wear my clogs for a long time without socks my feet start to get a little bit sore (and yes, I do have the right size :-) ).

They have Hokie orange and maroon where I live, and OH are they ugly.

(ducking here)

Hmmm....and here I was wondering if they had any maroon and orange ones!;) Go Hokies!

I just dropped my freshman son there. And dh and I are Hokies, as are his three siblings and one of their spouses and an ex-spouse. We do have a bit of Hokie stuff between us all!

I don't think they are so ugly, but they are too cushy for me and my back and legs end up hurting by the end of the day. Give me my ugly Chaco's anyday! :D

And they do get sweaty. Yuck. I wear them for short outings and as inside shoes.

This is me, totally. LOVE my ugly crocs. SO comfortable. Bought a pair of the Lands' End version---- I never wear them; they just don't come close to the original Crocs. Mine are wearing out; next year I'll replace them, but I can't decide on the color!

Astrid

How about getting them in the colors of your favorite football team? That's what I want! Gotta have me some ugly Cleveland Browns Crocs with the comfy liner thing!! LOL!!!

Yeah, they aren't the most attractive shoes, although they do come in lots of great colors! But they are very comfy. Perfect for gardening, just rinse them off and they dry in a minute. Great for camping or the beach.

I have three pairs; black, blue and purple.

Michelle T