Menu

Good thoughts/prayers today

MedicMom

I could really use some good thoughts and prayers today.

I am two years post corneal transplant in my left eye. Saturday I woke up with it red, inflamed, light sensitive and painful. Doctor on the phone said it was probably iritis(which I have a hx of), to rest it, and if it didn't go away in 24 hours to call back. Sunday morning it was much better. Today I wake up with very little sight in that eye--all symptoms are gone but the vision is cloudy. Eye doc is two hours away and I have no way there until DH is home tomorrow and can drive me. I'm trying not to freak out, but if it was an infection and has caused corneal scarring, that would mean another transplant. The first was extremely painful and took a year to heal and gain sight. I can't be out of work for any length of time right now.

Plus DH is talking to the workers comp people again today. The shoulder pain is just getting worse and starting to hinder work and every day life. This injury is really taking a toll on him and us as a family.

On top of all that, I have a parent-teacher conference with DS's teacher. He is way ahead academically, which annoys the school, but has started to become physically aggressive. He has an IEP for his sensory issues but not much help in the classroom. I'm sure it's not going to be a fun conference today and I am already emotionally drained and feel like I cannot handle one more thing.

You certainly have my prayers and  :grouphug: .

I'm guessing there is no one else there you could ask to drive you to the eye doctor (friends, church or work acquaintances)?  I know if anyone I knew were to ask me, I would help if I were able.  That sounds kind of important and could push the other things lower on the "gotta do" list IMO.

You certainly have my prayers and :grouphug: .

I'm guessing there is no one else there you could ask to drive you to the eye doctor (friends, church or work acquaintances)? I know if anyone I knew were to ask me, I would help if I were able. That sounds kind of important and could push the other things lower on the "gotta do" list IMO.

I made a some calls but everyone is at work and not really able to leave to drive me. The two stay at home moms I know both watch other people's kids so they aren't really able to drive me. I forgot tomorrow everything is going to be closed, too.

Sending hugs and prayers, and wishing I lived near you so I could drive you to the eye doctor.

Is there any way that you could take a taxi there and then just wait around after your appointment until someone had time to come pick you up? (I was thinking that maybe you could get a late afternoon appointment and one of your friends could pick you up after the babysitting kids went home for the night.)

It sounds like it could be bad to wait to see the doctor -- and if nothing else, the worry and stress must be horrible.

I hope you can get there today. :grouphug:

I made a some calls but everyone is at work and not really able to leave to drive me. The two stay at home moms I know both watch other people's kids so they aren't really able to drive me. I forgot tomorrow everything is going to be closed, too.

'Tis time to list your state on here.  It's a long shot, of course, but if any Hive member is sort of nearby... perhaps they could send you a pm?

I'm in PA by the way - between Gettysburg and York.

Upstate New York. I need to get to rochester, about two hours away. Too far for a taxi service.

They did call in eye drops and set me up with an appointment for Wednesday and DH can take off work to get me there.

In other news my son is spending his time telling his teacher how much better homeschooling is than pre-k.... Sigh....

I was able to get in quicker with a local opthamologist. She was able to rule out infection and week of steroid eye drops has seemingly cleared it up.

DH's injury is permanent. We knew that already, but it is official now. He will get a second opinion to see if there is maybe another treatment, but I'm not hopeful. He does not deal well with DS' special needs, especially when he's in pain, but we are still thinking homeschooling is what we will need to do once we figure out how.

We will get through it all. Some days I just need some prayers sent my way.

I was able to get in quicker with a local opthamologist. She was able to rule out infection and week of steroid eye drops has seemingly cleared it up.

DH's injury is permanent. We knew that already, but it is official now. He will get a second opinion to see if there is maybe another treatment, but I'm not hopeful. He does not deal well with DS' special needs, especially when he's in pain, but we are still thinking homeschooling is what we will need to do once we figure out how.

We will get through it all. Some days I just need some prayers sent my way.

Sending prayers your way.

Glad to hear your eye is ok!  Sorry to hear about your dh, but glad you're there for him through it all.  If I'm remembering correctly from a "how we met" thread, he's one lucky man to have found you.  That doesn't make his permanent injury good, of course, but it sure helps dealing with it.

Take care.   :grouphug: