Menu

Critical Thinking Co.

arnold

Inference Jones!!!

The vocabulary program that uses word roots.

We also do some of the puzzles (the logic puzzles in a grid). My younger one is using first grade Language Smarts.

When I don't use something from them, it's more about it not fitting our specific needs, not the quality of the product.

Mathematical Reasoning Beginnings for the twins (it has become my new favorite PreK math program) and I am looking at getting one of the other levels for DD7 who is having some problems "thinking" mathematically.

(I just wish they came spiral bound.)

Home school co-op is having a sale on Critical Thinking Co.starting tomorrow. I have no idea what would be included, but the teaser said 40% off...

Just bumping this to remind people about the HSCB sale. The deal is a coupon code for up to  a 40% discount for a $1 processing fee.  They only need 200 buyers to offer the 40%. 

Here is a link if anyone is interested in the HSBC coupon.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/the-critical-thinking-co-groupbuy/?source=108434

Thanks for sharing, I hope it reaches the 40%! We love Mind Benders, Balance Math & More, and Editor in Chief. We've also used Building Thinking Skills which is also good but not exactly *fun* compared to their other books.

Ok, how does that work?  

As far as I can tell it is only 20% now, but it might be 40% in the future.

I've only bought one thing through that co-op so I don't know what to expect.  

First off, i have bought through them a lot, and it has been a positive experience. Each thing is slightly different, so read your instructions carefully. 

For this one we will get a coupon sent to us worth 20%, 30%, or 40% by e-mail based on how many people buy. As this is the first day and it is already at 81 it should go to the 40% mark.

Then you need to use the coupon by the end of June. It is good for 1 order only. It looks like it is for anything at their store for one order. You pay $1 to the co op. That is it.

I'll second (third? fourth?) Mind Benders. We also like Hands On Thinking Skills (which is different from Building Thinking Skills) and Analogies...ETA, we also like the Can You Find Me series!

I took a look at Hands on Thinking Skills but it mostly looks like pattern block stuff. Is there more to it than that? Is it all black & white or is there color somewhere in the book?

Thanks

I took a look at Hands on Thinking Skills but it mostly looks like pattern block stuff. Is there more to it than that? Is it all black & white or is there color somewhere in the book?

Thanks

That's right, it's all manipulative based (attribute blocks, linking cubes and pattern blocks.) And yes, it's all black and white...but really fun for the younger set (up to 6 or 7 I'd say), like a book full of geometry-based puzzles teaching logic and spatial reasoning.

I like Building Thinking Skills, Level 3, Figural. It should strengthen visual-spatial skills, which DD needed last year. We did not finish it yet as there are many exercises. Grade level indicates 7-12, but I see similar problems in competition math for kids as young as first grade. We started it last year in second grade, and it provided just the right amount of challenge.