Menu

Just for fun--Name the funniest movies of all time!

For me, Vacation with Chevy Chase.

This is bad to say, but my Grandmother (God rest her soul) acted just like the Aunt in the movie. I am in tears every time I watch it.

Oh yeah, baby - Vacation. And the Christmas one with the cat food in the jello and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the snotty yuppy neighbor.

Peter Sellers' Pink Panther movies

Airplane

Napoleon Dynamite for a more recent one

Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn

Anything Marx Brothers

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Monty Python - The Life of Brian

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Space Balls

A Fish Called Wanda

Best in Show

Waiting for Guffman

SpinalTap

Caddyshack

Young Frankenstein

Ace Ventura

Arsenic and Old Lace (Cary Grant was amazing in this!!!)

Val

I want your list of top funny movies! :D

I suspect this is largely determined by the mood one is in when they watch said movie....but for some strange reason, I remember being with my brother on vacation...he was about 19, I was about 23...we watched 'Raising Arizona' with Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter...we both laughed so hard I thought I would have a heart attack. I need to watch that movie now and see if I find it funny. I don't usually like that sort of goofy comedy.

I had this experience with Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's the one and only movie I remember belly laughing so hard through most of it that my sides hurt. I watched it again about two months ago -- nothing.

More recently there was a scene in Martian Child where dh and I were holding our sides, just gut-laughing. But overall the movie's not *funny* -- just that scene.

...we watched 'Raising Arizona' with Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter...we both laughed so hard I thought I would have a heart attack. I need to watch that movie now and see if I find it funny. I don't usually like that sort of goofy comedy.

Really...I love this movie!

I could probably recite it all, from memory. (And I do frequently quote it.)

"Yer young, and ye got yer health...whatchoo want with a job?!"

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Snatch

Peter Sellers' Pink Panther Movies

Roxanne (Steve Martin)

Parenthood (")

Honeymoon in Vegas

Murder by Death (if you're a fan of mystery books)

Wayne's World :blushing:

Lost in Translation (not sure everyone would consider this funny)

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

A Fish Called Wanda

I'm sure there are tons I'm forgetting, but these are the ones that popped into my head....

All of the above and...

The Big Lebowski

Waking Ned Devine

The Birdcage

Dr Strangelove

Ku Fu Hustle

Fargo

This is Spinal Tap & Best in Show

The Producers (original one)

Blues Brothers

Repo Man

Shaun of the Dead

Little Miss Sunshine

Kind Hearts and Coronets

Local Hero

The Visitors

I need to stop, or I'll be here all night! :lol:

The Man Who Knew Too Little

The Pink Panther Strikes Again

Galaxy Quest

The Importance of Being Earnest

The Naked Gun

The Man With One Red Shoe

I suspect this is largely determined by the mood one is in when they watch said movie....but for some strange reason, I remember being with my brother on vacation...he was about 19, I was about 23...we watched 'Raising Arizona' with Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter...we both laughed so hard I thought I would have a heart attack. I need to watch that movie now and see if I find it funny. I don't usually like that sort of goofy comedy.

I haven't thought of that movie in years!

Dh and I laughed like crazy the first time we watched it.

I'm going to put it in my queue right now. I'll bet our dc will get a kick out of it.

Hmmm, wonder what it's rated?

Off to Netflix . . .

I tried to write something about my Netflix "queue" in my original post, but gave up because I couldn't remember how to spell "queue"! Generally speaking, my spelling is pretty good, but every now and then...

:lol:

Well, I put it in my "queue" ;); can you believe that Raising Arizona is rated only 2.7 stars?

Admittedly, it has been 20 years since I've seen it, but I remember it being much better than that.

Or maybe I was just 20 years younger. :tongue_smilie:

no one has agreed with me on this..but I love Along Came Polly. It is funny from the moment it begins to the end.

I thought Along Came Polly was really funny too! Oddly enough, I learned a character lesson from that movie too. It really got me thinking about being more "authentically me".

no one has agreed with me on this..but I love Along Came Polly. It is funny from the moment it begins to the end.

I agree with you on this! Even if I'm in a bad mood, this movie makes me laugh - how can you not?

I also have a soft spot for the SNL gang: I love Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade... I know it says little about my depth, but I laugh - hard - every single time I see Tommy Boy.

Rushmore

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Happy Gilmore

Waterboy

What About Bob

Groundhog Day

There's Something About Mary (crude humor though)

Mr. Deeds

Office Space

Little Miss Sunshine

I'm chuckling to myself just thinking about these! :lol:

How could I have forgotten Mr. Deeds?! It's one of the funniest movies for sure!

Soapdish

Oscar (dh, oldest ds, and I love this but have never found anyone else who does!)

The Ref

Ace Ventura, Pet Detective

I used to really like Ferris Bueller but dh and I watched it again a couple years ago and ... nothing. However, 16 Candles is still funny!

Love Pinky and the Brain!! But the funniest cartoon EVER is The Tick!!!