Menu

Seeing beauty

ScoutTN

What did you see or hear today that was beautiful?

I love the late afternoon light in our bedroom, soft and lovely, especially with the windows open.

I saw a lacy, spreading dogwood flowering underneath a canopy of tall maples.

I heard my 6 yo ds ask for things politely. "May I please have more milk?" Can be as beautiful as a sonata!

Cheating a little bit, I think, but... This morning was our final rehearsal for tomorrow's Lenten cantata, with the instrumentalists. At the very end we're singing Worthy Is The Lamb & Amen from Handel's "Mesiah".

Later I got to watch some new math concepts click for all 3 kiddos. not sure which was more beautiful, really.

A baby bunny has taken up residence in my irises. The wild violets are out. My pink oxalis and columbine are starting to bloom. Spring is long lasting this year. We still have daffodils, pink magnolia, and forsythia blooming. The  dogwoods and flowering cherries are just beginning. I sat on my porch for an hour and experienced the bliss of a present with relatively no concerns and absolutely perfect weather.

I saw a sweet kitten for vaccinations, and a happy dog who is getting over a severe ear infection.

I saw the swarm of honeybees I took yesterday clinging together making a home in their new hive.

I saw a huge yellow swallowtail butterfly arguing over a flowering tree with about four different kinds of bees.

I saw my DH doing dishes for me because it is our 14 year anniversary. :001_wub:

We were stuck in traffic along a stretch of highway just outside Guadalajara at the spot where there are all kinds of flowers in the median.  Guadalajara is really dry right now but everything is flowering and gorgeous. The photo (if I can figure out how to post one) is from Guanajuato, not Guadalajara, but I see things like this every day here.

IMG_5703.JPG

My front yard is in full bloom - roses, lavender all over the place. And then, my little guy pulled out a Disney music book and figured out how to play "Let it go" from Frozen all by himself on the piano. And then DH and I watched The Hobbit on DVD - Galadriel was beautiful :)