Menu

Burn out support group

mommymilkies

I have been sick since the last week of January. I throw up from coughing at least twice a day, even after antibiotics. So I'm pretty much stuck at home AND burned out. Plus my computer died that the boys were doing Teaching Textbooks on, and now I have to figure out how to put the curriculum on a different computer. I'm just so tired and bored. Homeschooling is just "okay". The last two weeks have been marginal in amount of schoolwork.

On the plus side, we have two fun vacations coming up this spring and summer. It will get warmer, I will get over being sick, and life will get better.

This is so well timed!  I have been burning out since Dec. and just can't seem to shake it.  I've certainly eaten enough chocolate....the scales and the jeans sure show that!  I'm just so tired.  Nothing awful is going on at the moment, but it is the daily grind along with still recovering from Dec. and Jan. 

m&ms still seem to be my "cure" of choice :) 

We went to a potluck this week and somebody brought Dr. Pepper cake.  Oh my goodness!!!!!  If I wasn't so tried, I'd make that.  It was chocolate bliss with every bite.  On 2nd thought, maybe it is a good thing I am too tired to bake it :)

This is so well timed!  I have been burning out since Dec. and just can't seem to shake it.  I've certainly eaten enough chocolate....the scales and the jeans sure show that!  I'm just so tired.  Nothing awful is going on at the moment, but it is the daily grind along with still recovering from Dec. and Jan. 

m&ms still seem to be my "cure" of choice :)

We went to a potluck this week and somebody brought Dr. Pepper cake.  Oh my goodness!!!!!  If I wasn't so tried, I'd make that.  It was chocolate bliss with every bite.  On 2nd thought, maybe it is a good thing I am too tired to bake it :)

I'm gonna need that recipe! I'm on gluten til Monday!

Glad and sad to see I'm not alone.  :grouphug:  I'm surviving off of googling Hiddles memes, salted caramel, reading Hyperbole and a Half, and pretending reality does not exist. 

Yup.  February blues.  Lots of medical stuff already (deductible met the second week of January), and the teens are cranky from being indoors so much.

Yesterday I looked through everything, and I think we'll finish all but science for my oldest by early June.  So lighter homeschool days coming, although one has a once-a-week dual enrollment class that I'll have to get them to.

Summer is coming!

I've been counting down the number of lessons we have in each book.  I am tired of winter and keep wondering if my kids are as moody as I feel.  They haven't been able to go outside a good portion of the winter because it's been too cold.  Winter just whammed us with another foot or so of snow and now has decided to turn arctic cold again.  The main highways to get anywhere fun have been deemed "lethal".  I am sooo done with winter and really wish February had something interesting to look forward to.  But then again, anything of value around here would probably have to be cancelled due to weather.  I need to go get some vitamin D now...

Beth

This being our first year homeschooling, I didn't tecodnize what it was, but I noticed my energy and enthusiasm flagging these first few weeks in February. Actually, it was a little hard to get back into the swing of things after Christmas break. :o

However, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have been at this since June 3, so we have already finished some curticulum, but still have a ways to go in others. We are about to finish Singapore Math 4b, so I'm very excited to get started on 5a.

We will take at least two weeks off in May, but since we school year-round we will jump right back in, and I am already picking out Grade 5 curriculum. :)

Burned out here, too.  Everyone's been sick, I'm tired of taking care of people and myself, and we've basically been slogging through the only very basics this month, and yet ... I feel inexplicably proud of just getting that much done.  

We planned a Feb vacation this year, to offset the Feb blues - but it backfired.  I forgot that Disney vacations leave me exhausted (we are the go, go, go type), and now that we're home the last thing I want to do is ... work.  

Having overdone the sugar trying to get some energy, I can't even get excited about cake!  Now that's sad!

I am SO happy someone started this thread because I'd love to whine for a minute. 

We just found out that the house we're living in that we were trying to buy isn't going to go through because it was a short sale and the bank just decided not to do it. After we paid for two assessments and upped our offer by A LOT. So we have to move again and I hate moving. 

I'm pregnant and I've been sick for 10 weeks. This is totally normal for me and will probably last another six weeks or so. 

My ds got in a sledding accident on 12/27 and rang up $6000 worth of medical bills.. and it counts as last year's deductible so we get to pay for all of it plus another $6000 this year for my pregnancy. 

My dh was out of town last week for 3 days, this week for 4 days, has a swamped week because of a conference next week, and is out of town for 3 more days the week after that. 

It's been below freezing for 3 months. In fact, it's been below zero for most of that, which means we can't go outside. At all. 

My dishwasher and my oven are broken and I'm not paying to fix them because we're renting and the owner won't either because they're foreclosing. 

On the plus side, my marvelous daughter made chocolate chip cookie dough bites.  :drool:

Aaahhh. I feel better. Thanks for the release! 

Flame out here. Thank heavens it's girl scout cookie time.

I bet a homeschooling mom strategically planned GS cookie time for February. 

ETA: I forgot this was about actual schooling. That part's going okay, because we're doing the bare minimum while I don't feel well. 

I'm burned out to the point of major depression and the kids are going back to school. dd7 starts Monday, trying to find a placement for dd13 who is going to need an IEP for a 1/1 aide or a self contained classroom, the local school doesn't have that ability because its so small:( I was scheduled to go back to work full time Monday but had to ask for another week since I don't have a place for dd13 yet and were still getting services in place for some pretty serious/severe issues with her.

Sometimes chocolate makes my heart race. Spring is here in north central Texas so I know I don't have it bad weather-wise. Still haven't paid off med. bills from two previous surgeries and now have another. I thought I was trying pretty hard at searching for jobs, tweaking my resume and sending it out, but after a year of looking I have only had one interview. My dh has had a few interviews but his prospects all fell through, except for the ones where he'd be making a lot less or where we'd be in very cold winter temps and we just don't want to do that again. I'm having a hard time recovering from this last surgery and that has been depressing! Can't do too much, doctor's orders. Plus, my brain is on vacation.

Funny, ETA: I spelled heart wrong in first draft.

I'm burned out to the point of major depression and the kids are going back to school. dd7 starts Monday, trying to find a placement for dd13 who is going to need an IEP for a 1/1 aide or a self contained classroom, the local school doesn't have that ability because its so small:( I was scheduled to go back to work full time Monday but had to ask for another week since I don't have a place for dd13 yet and were still getting services in place for some pretty serious/severe issues with her.

:grouphug:  

And lots of  :grouphug:  to everyone else.  Sounds like it's a rough month all around. :(  

Entropymama, I hope you find somewhere soon.  I'm sorry the house didn't work out. :(

I want to have a dr. seuss party! lol. So that is what I have been planning all night.  Instead of looking at all the Latin, writing, history, etc we are supposed to be doing.

His bday is March 2nd and it is Read Across America Day.  How lovely would that be?  Too bad my 7 yo will have nothing to do with that!  :huh:  :glare:

The water is still off in the kitchen, we are still down to one car, and it is Sunday night, and I am just now getting around to planning school for next week. At least  I am sitting here pretending to be getting all the checklists ready for next week.  I just want to cry.

I am tired and right now tired of parenting middle school kids. How is it they make the same mistakes that I did, my siblings did and their older siblings did. Couldn't we all learn from the experience of others?

I should be doing something, anything productive, but instead I played games on my ipad and let the two kids that are home get their own dinner.