Menu

How to stream Prime videos without a Kindle???

Tammi K

I don't recall needing anything special. 

My family watches Amazon videos on iPad, PS3, and possibly the Wii too. So if you have any of those devices, there's an app for that. ;).

So, now I'm confused. Do I need to download an app or no app? 

So, now I'm confused. Do I need to download an app or no app?

On a computer, you don't need an app. Just search for the videos on the amazon site. Once you go to the page of the show you want, there will be a button to play right in your web browser. For a movie, the button is right where the buy button is. For series, you may have to scroll down and choose the episode you want.

On the iPad, you need an app, but it's free to download. I haven't tried an Android tablet, but you probably need an app for that, too.

We have the apps on the iPads and Droid phones (not that I use that since I gave up unlimited data, lol.) There's also finally an app for the Apple TV.  On the computer, I just watch direct from the Amazon site.

(And if I sound too crazy, know that we use Prime, Hulu, and Netflix instead of having cable, and our youngest hit the television and put lines in the screen. So we're not obsessed, just resourceful, lol!)

Just find a video you want to watch and click on it.  Here is the page (if it links correctly) of available instant videos. I have "prime" checked. So look for one you like, click on it, and you will be taken to a page where you can click the play button or choose episodes. You watch just like you do on Netflix, if you have that.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?rh=n%3A2858778011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011&ie=UTF8

We have the apps on the iPads and Droid phones (not that I use that since I gave up unlimited data, lol.) There's also finally an app for the Apple TV. On the computer, I just watch direct from the Amazon site.

(And if I sound too crazy, know that we use Prime, Hulu, and Netflix instead of having cable, and our youngest hit the television and put lines in the screen. So we're not obsessed, just resourceful, lol!)

And it works with a Roku.

yes you can stream via computer.  I have a blu-ray player that has an icon for prime, so we watch on the tv.  (it also has an icon for netflix, youtube and a bunch of others.  the blu-ray is hooked up to the internet via cable.)

to view on the computer, you can just go to amazon, go to what you want to watch and play.

yes you can stream via computer.  I have a blu-ray player that has an icon for prime, so we watch on the tv.  (it also has an icon for netflix, youtube and a bunch of others.  the blu-ray is hooked up to the internet via cable.)

to view on the computer, you can just go to amazon, go to what you want to watch and play.

We have a dedicated computer for the TV (52" computer monitor, lol), and watch Internet stuff all the time. No blu-ray player necessary. :-)

We have a dedicated computer for the TV (52" computer monitor, lol), and watch Internet stuff all the time. No blu-ray player necessary. :-)

we had the blu-ray player first, before I got prime.  we got it to play blu-ray dvd's. that we could also use it to stream was an extra.  the dedicated computer (which the boys use to play stuff they downloaded elsewhere) that is hooked up to our 60" screen doesn't play blu-ray dvd's. (but neither does that blu-ray play hook up to the internet to stream stuff.).  and yeah - the use it as a monitor sometimes.

I'd get rid of cable if dh would be willing to go elsehwere for his live sports . .  . . .