Menu

Anybody else eating one last bad meal today?

Moxie

I wish. We are going to a friend's potluck tonight where all the women have gone vegan/nondairy/super healthy this past year. I hear we are having vegie kabobs, vegetarian casserole, homemade lemon curd, etc. I offered to bring a seven-layer dip with chips (no meat, even!), was turned down, and told to bring a green salad, lots of vegies, no cheese. Sigh. I am bringing diced salami and provolone on the side for those (like my family) that need something heartier. And DH and the boys are filling up on junk food (Christmas cookies and kettle corn) before we go.

no. Will probably still be eating bad-ish for a couple more days. We'll get back to Primal when we get home. Although, now that I think about it, today was a pretty good day. Bro made bacon and eggs for brunch, and Mom made porkchops and various veggies for supper. BUT, my aunt also brought out several large trays of homemade cinnamon buns...I just haven't had one...yet! :p

This thread made me laugh.  I am determined to put my family on a healthy, lower-fat, more veggies and fruits, "better for us" lifestyle of food consumption beginning on Monday.  Until then, I asked everyone in the family to name their favorite meals and we are having them between today and Sunday night.

Ds picked Eggs a la Goldenrod (like an Eggs Benedict but with more of a white sauce and Cayenne instead of lemon-based) and Monkey Bread for breakfast this morning

I picked Lamb chops, mashed potatoes, and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner tonight (it was awesome!)

Dh has requested buttermilk pancakes with bacon tomorrow morning

Dd has picked fondue for tomorrow night - 1st course cheese w/French bread and Granny Smith Apples; 2nd course broth-based for beef, chicken and shrimp with 3 different dips; 3rd course chocolate fondue w/pound cake, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, and fresh pineapple.

Somewhere in the next few days, Dh has also requested Sloppy Joes and oven French Fries, I am making homemade Cinnamon Rolls, and Dd is going to do a "baking day" including some artistic cake pops.

If we manage to make it to Monday without a collective coronary, I am sure we are going to have to spend an extra month losing the weight we will have gained this week. :D