Menu

Like FlyLady, but

DawnM

not????

Any other de-cluttering, home organizing websites????

I bought the book, "The House that Cleans Itself."  I haven't read it yet.  DH took one look at it and said, "You bought the wrong house!"  :lol:

I wish I could get myself together.  I really do.

Any suggestions?  I was a FlyLady flunky.

Dawn

Marla would tell you that you aren't a flunky!  Did you start by trying to do everything all at once?  If you liked the overall idea of FlyLady then go back and do her babysteps program and only do ONE day worth of activities per day!  No jumping ahead.

We "Fly" around here but I changed up most of the program to fit my needs, my families needs and our houses needs.  That is the point of the whole program.  You need to switch it up to work for YOUR needs.

I have found peace with keeping my living/dining/kitchen area clutter-free. It is always 15-30 minutes away from perfect.

The downstairs family room, the laundry/storage area and the bedrooms can get pretty bad. I always have work waiting in those spaces, but they are never a high priority. 

I have read the books, signed up for the email lists, etc., but this is all I've ever been able to really keep up. I am happy with it.

Blessings!

I liked Side-tracked Home Executives. It's a FlyLady precursor that I found much more useful for my style. I flunked out of Fly Lady twice.

FlyLady got her start with the Sidetracked Home Executives. ;-) I prefer S.H.E. myself, because it is NOT computer based.

Another vote for Motivated Moms. I can have an utter disaster going on here and if I do only just the things on the list for the day things start to look presentable in about 3 days. And the nice little checklist speaks to my inner OCD.....

A couple of things that I find useful:

OrganizedHome.com -- Not just about cleaning, but all household management. It has tons of checklists and some really great long-range cleaning/decluttering plans.

HouseHoncho.com -- If you sign up for the "free daily to do list", you get one single email a day with 9 possible chores to do in the room of the day. There are 3 simple ones, 3 intermediate ones and 3 challenging ones. You pick any 3 to do -- more if you're ambitious.  The goal is to get you in the habit of paying basic attention to a room every day.

I like motivated moms, and even spring for the app. It works well. I like tweaking the lists to assign chores and add/delete chores.

I did flylady for years, but the cheerleader type talk turned me off, and the mini-commercials drove me nuts. I did buy some of her products, to support her, so they worked apparently. :)

Organized Home is great, too, and I'm going to check out Audrey's other link.

FlyLady got her start with the Sidetracked Home Executives. ;-) I prefer S.H.E. myself, because it is NOT computer based.

That's exactly why I failed. Once I logged onto the computer it was all over. Also, the S.H.E. cards are easier to shuffle for folks like me who work in fits and bursts.