Menu

Mothers of five: wish me luck!

Peplophoros

Congrats!

My oldest had just (as in, earlier that week), turned nine when baby #5 arrived last year. It was, by far, the easiest addition to our family. They all fawned over her from the start, and the novelty still hasn't worn off a year-and-a-half later! She's very well-loved, and more than a little spoiled! :)

Congrats!   :laugh:

Our #5 was born when my oldest was 8 also.  It's total chaos, some days my house is terrifying, some days I want to eat my young, other days they get along so well it makes me wish I had more siblings.  I sometimes wonder what in the world I was thinking, as I'm trying to homeschool the older 3, holding the baby that will only nap on my lap and keep my 3 year old from destroying the house.  

I wouldn't trade it for anything, though there are many days that I'm eyeing the wine before we're done with grammar.

congratulations.  just remember, they grow very fast and when things seem overwhelming - just remember it will pass.  faster than seems possible.

(I will admit - 1dd was 9 1/2 when 2ds was born - she was 22 when dudeling was born.  so he almost qualifies as an only.)

Congratulations! It is a great club! Our oldest was 6 when #5 was born. They were and continue to be best friends. The only thing is, if you want an even number so that each person always has a partner (on rides, the bus, etc.), you should have six. :)

My fifth child is a rare breed.  She is hysterical. She will be six next month and in Sunday School all the little girls wanted to sing a song.  Her teacher (who also happens to be her grandmother) asked her on the tenth verse when the song was going to be over.  My daughter said well I don't really know grandma.  And my mother-in-law looked at her and said are you making this up as you go?  Yes grandma. ;)    Welcome to the club it's a good one to be in.   :hurray: