Menu

I need crockpot recipes

Quiver0f10

I put a large number of frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot and pour McCormick's Taco Seasoning liberally over them. I cook on low most of the day, then shred the chicken with two forks, add more Taco Seasoning and cook a bit longer. I use it in burrito bowls or in burritos. Easy and the family eats it up.

Creamy Italian Chicken

enough skinless boneless chicken for your family --breasts or thighs

1/3-1/2 cup of water

1 packet Italian dressing mix---the dry powdered mix (like Good Seasons)

cook on low almost all day until chicken falls apart.

Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with 2 forks.

Very carefully blend the juices from the crock pot with 8 oz. of cream cheese.....either with a stick blender in the crock pot or in a blender---but be careful as the juices are HOT.

Add the chicken back in.

Serve over egg noodles with a veggie on the side.

Swiss Steak

Cut up 1-2 large onions in slices. Put a few in the bottom of a crock pot.

Take cubed steak and cut into serving size pieces. Dredge in seasoned flour (garlic or seasoned salt)

Layer the cubed steaks in the crock pot with the onion slices

Mix together 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet onion soup mix, 1 packet brown gravy mix, and 1 cup of water. Pour over the meat

Cook on low all day. Add a bit more water if the gravy gets too thick.

The meat will just about fall apart and the leftovers go great in stew or soup the next day.

I put a large number of frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot and pour McCormick's Taco Seasoning liberally over them. I cook on low most of the day, then shred the chicken with two forks, add more Taco Seasoning and cook a bit longer. I use it in burrito bowls or in burritos. Easy and the family eats it up.

I do this, but instead of taco seasoning I add BBQ sauce. (Also, instead of burritos, serve on buns.)

Arroz con Pollo (not the real kind)

Enough chicken pieces to feed your family - I like legs when they are on sale

a large or two small cans of rotel (more if you use a ton of chicken)

a large onion, diced

salt and pepper liberally

add a generous glug of red wine vinegar (like 2 T)

Cook on low for around 6 hours. Half an hour before serving, drain off all the juice and leave the crockpot on warm. Use the juice (with enough water or broth added) to cook rice. Serve the chicken and tomatoes over rice.

This is our favorite meal except I often add rotel at the end and I use my own taco seasoning, but the same idea. We make a HUGE crockpot (just did last night) of this chicken and then we use it for multiple meals. Chicken tacos (or burritos), chicken nachos (especially yummy if you put cheese dip over it), enchiladas, etc. There are so many different meals that you can do with it. I like to make a pot of it at the beginning of the week and then we eat it all week as lunches. YUM!

Meat roast - any type

Cover with bacon fat (saved from cooked bacon) or other cooking oil

Old Bay Seasoning - the more you add, the spicer it is

Add quartered whole onion about 2 hours before done (if you remember, will still taste great w/o)

Cook for 8 hours

DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID

I love this with mashed potatoes using the liquid in the crockpot for gravy.

Italian Turkey--One turkey breast sprinkled with a package of dry Italian Seasonings dressing (original flavor). If you like it spicy, add a small jar of pepperocinis with liquid. Cook until tender, then shred the meat and add to any liquid and peppers. Sometimes I've needed to add water. Serve on rolls.

Part of my family doesn't like the peppers, so split the meat and add them when shredding, or serve on the side.

The chicken breasts and taco seasoning sounds so simple that it is not even a recipe, but my family absolutely loves and so who am I to complain? lol Another poster reminded me of the nacho option. We do this, too. Also, dh will just eat the chicken from a bowl.

Here's my Pinterest pages

Slow Cooker Recipes

Make Ahead/Freezer Meals

I plan to use my crockpot heavily this summer to avoid the heat.

I'm now perusing your Pinterest pages for meal plan ideas. Apparently I was already following you - probably from a long ago Pinterest thread. I'm not a heavy Pinterest user, so I don't even remember who I follow.

I also decided we're going to have a lot of crockpot meals and main dish salads for the summer months. Besides wanting to keep the house cooler, I don't like heavy meals when it's hot outside.

OP, I like Stephanie O'Dea's blog for crock pot meals. I have her 1st cookbook and love it. Reviews I've read about her next one made me decide against it. You can find most everything that's in her books, on the blog.

My easiest recipe is simply toss a big jar of Salsa in with a bunch of chicken and let it cook. I serve it over rice and black beans with cheese and sour cream. The left overs make easy tacos or enchiladas.

I love the recipes in Fix-It-and-Forget It- Lightly. (My library has a copy.)

Another thing I have learned is that you can throw a roast directly in the crock pot without browning it on the stove as most recipes call for. I have tossed a partially frozen roast in with veggies and seasoning, and it turns out just fine. In fact, sometimes I load up the crock pot the night before and put it in the fridge. I start it the next morning before I leave for work.

I do a lot of lentil soup type things in the crockpot.

Also chili is an easy crockpot dish. I usually just do a mess of diced tomatoes, kidney beans, caramelized onions, diced veggies (whatever I need to use up) and spices. You can add hamburger meat or andouille sausage or whatever meat you like if you want.

Chicken thighs with tomato sauce, vinegar, onions, OJ, and seasonings makes a nice BBQ dish without buying pre-made BBQ sauce (thereby skipping the HFCS or lots of added sugar and salt that most BBQ sauces have). Serve over rice with a side of dark green veggies night one and then shred and use for sandwiches or pizza. So good and easy. And dirt, dirt, dirt cheap.

Crock Pot French Dip sandwiches

Roast of any size (we use 3-4 pounds of bottom round roast)

1 cup of water or beef broth

1 tsp garlic & herb powder

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Mix all ingredients and pour over roast in crock pot. Cook on High until tender, about 5-7 hours depending on size

Take your favorite rolls and lightly brush with butter or olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder & italian seasoning, and place a piece of provolone cheese (cut in half) on one side. Broil or bake until bread starts to get crusty and the cheese is melted. While rolls are in the oven, shred the beef and strain the au jus into dipping bowls. Heap beef onto each roll and DIP!

I just remembered that two of our favorite recipes would adapt easily for the crockpot. I left the bbq sauce out of the chicken the first time I made it and it was so good that I never add it while cooking the meat, but those who want add it to the sandwich.

http://www.thekitchn.com/dinner-recipe-barbecue-pulled-chicken-in-the-oven-or-slow-cooker-recipes-from-the-kitchn-168003

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-and-shred-a-pork-s-79485

I just remembered an amazing recipe ds discovered by accident. When I went to help him and his wife move after graduation last month, he threw some chicken, cut up potatoes, unpeeled carrots, and mystery ingredients into the crockpot for dinner. It didn't look very impressive. Ds had to run some errands and dil was sick, so another ds and I sat down to eat by ourselves. It was so delicious! I couldn't believe my son could cook like this. We guessed and guessed but couldn't figure out what the mystery ingredients might be. And what were they? All the leftover pizza parmesan and hot pepper packets they had collected from ordering in pizza over the semester. :-)