Menu

Coming out of my comfort zone to ask for prayers/good vibes for my dad

GWOB

My dad was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in January. He cannot breathe without O2 supplementation. Tonight he was transported via ambulance because he passed out, completely stopped breathing, and lost consciousness. Poor guy cannot accept his limitations and tried to do too much today. This is a terminal illness with no cure other than a lung transplant. If you feel inclined, would you spare a prayer or good thought for my dad? He wasn't the best dad, but he's the only dad I have. Thanks guys!

Guys, I really appreciate the prayers/love/good thoughts you are sending his way! He may be a crappy dad, but he is a hilarious person. He was so upset that he missed the new Duck Dynasty episode. For real. An ambulance ride to the hospital unnerved him, but missing the new Duck Dynasty episode? Unacceptable. Sometimes you just have to laugh, right?

Guys, I really appreciate the prayers/love/good thoughts you are sending his way! He may be a crappy dad, but he is a hilarious person. He was so upset that he missed the new Duck Dynasty episode. For real. An ambulance ride to the hospital unnerved him, but missing the new Duck Dynasty episode? Unacceptable. Sometimes you just have to laugh, right?

Praying here - and enjoying the humor. ;) It seems to me that it's a good thing he still has his spirit left. (Hopefully you can find someone who taped the show - I've never seen it.)

I just talked to my mom this morning. The ER doctors think he has congestive heart failure. This is common with his IPF. He's very pale this morning, but feels good enough to make inappropriate jokes. He's happy he's pale because he finally looks white. Bless his inappropriate heart. So, he's in good spirits despite being stuck in the hospital with a crappy TV. Thanks again for the prayers/good thoughts!

You and he will be in my prayers.

I had a friend with IPF who eventually received a lung transplant -- it changed his life! He was able to walk, climb stairs, get out and do things he loved without being tethered to his oxygen tank. Hopefully your dad will be as fortunate!

My friend passed away -- much too young, not even 40 -- after complications of a later surgery, but the year+ he had free from the disease was amazing.

And for everyone else, PLEASE consider being an organ donor. Make sure your family and friends know about your wishes as well -- even if you've checked the box on your license or filled out a card, your next of kin will ultimately be asked for the final decision.

If you aren't comfortable having a conversation with family members, there are printable cards and email services online to help you make your intentions clear (here's one: http://www.organtransplants.org/donor/ ).