Menu

I think I need a white noise machine

Moxie

Well, we never got a white noise machine, but we did use white noise a lot for naps. The boys had a clock radio in their room, and I just set the radio on a static station. :D Worked pretty well.

Now we just turn on either our fan our air purifier if we want white noise.

We've used this one for years: http://www.amazon.com/DEX-Products-Sound-Sleeper-SS-01/dp/B00008439C/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1365356435&sr=8-17&keywords=baby+white+noise

Usually we keep it on "ocean" sounds. It has a one-hour timer (what we use) or can be kept on all the time. One of my ds10s uses one and the other one is in the room with ds4 and dd3.

I have used a fan for white noise all my life. When I was in the hospital for 5 days, I took it with me and when we went on a family cruise, everyone made fun of me taking my fan UNTIL the ship was traveling thru fog and the fog horn sounded all night but we never heard it in our room thanks to my fan.

We have Marpac machines.

We have tried other white noise machines and even apps, but they don't compare. I love the Marpac machines.

I don't particularly like the lowest end that you mentioned because it doesn't have a volume dial on it and sometimes I want it quieter or louder depending on the need.

I had a Marpac/Marsona machine I got from my mom. She had used it since 1973 and it finally died in 2008. And I used it nightly.