Menu

We finalized today!

KrissiK

Drove 2 hours to court, spent five minutes there and came home, but now it's done. No more foster care, no more social workers, no more interference in our lives. And it's really a neat ceremony. Kind of like a wedding. You say, "I do," and pledge your lives to parent these little girls and make them our daughters "with all the rights, privileges and duties thereof." It's cool.

Congrats to your DD!!

Totally strange question, but you weren't by chance at a park in Austin this afternoon around lunchtime were you? My daughter was playing with a girl and the little girl told her that her adoption was finalized today. DD ran over to me and was so excited to tell me that the little girl had forever parents today. If it wasn't, two lucky little girls found forever homes today!

Congrats to your DD!!

Totally strange question, but you weren't by chance at a park in Austin this afternoon around lunchtime were you? My daughter was playing with a girl and the little girl told her that her adoption was finalized today. DD ran over to me and was so excited to tell me that the little girl had forever parents today. If it wasn't, two lucky little girls found forever homes today!

No, sorry! Bakersfield, California is where we were at. But, how wonderful for that little girl your daughter was playing with. Today there were a lot of happy families at the courthouse in Bakersfield. Lots of finalizations. It was a wonderful time!