Menu

What can I make with ground beef?

history_junkie

Mmmm, try this. Brown the ground beef; use salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside. Sautee some onions in butter until browned and really soft, and then add mushrooms and let them simmer for a little bit. Add the burger back to the pan, and then pour in some whipping cream (amount depends on amount of burger/onions/mushrooms but you are making a sauce type thing, although you don't want a bunch extra so that it's soupy; I think I used 2-3 cups when I did 3# of ground turkey the other day). Oh, I've also used some creme fraiche for part of the cream. Anyway, stir in the whipping cream and then add some crumbled bleu cheese. I used about 8 oz. I think, but I made a large batch. Let it heat through and melt, then serve. It might need more salt.

Yummy.

I just printed off a lot of ground beef recipes from this site:

http://search.myrecipes.com/search.html?Ntt=ground+beef&x=0&y=0

We have a full beef in the freezer and I always end up with ground beef left after everything else is gone. This time I'm going to try some new recipes and hopefully use it up at the same rate as the rest of the beef.

I just printed off a lot of ground beef recipes from this site:

http://search.myreci...nd beef&x=0&y=0

We have a full beef in the freezer and I always end up with ground beef left after everything else is gone. This time I'm going to try some new recipes and hopefully use it up at the same rate as the rest of the beef.

Thanks for the link! I buy a lot of ground beef, but I get in a rut. Some of these look really good...

We have this problem, too! Thanks for the link.

This beef and cabbage stew looks yummy.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-and-cabbage-stew-183545/

pastichio/Pastitsio - a baked ground beef/macaroni greek casserole. yum. (lots of eggs and parmesian.) I got mine out of a greek cookbook, and I'm not home to be able to put it up.

You know, my friend's very Italian made this for us one time. I think she used lamb, but ground beef would suit me better anyway. Thanks for the idea!

My mom used to call this "beef stroganoff', Brown one pound of ground beef - you can season with garlic and onion powder, or put in chopped onions if you want - I do. Drain the fat. Add one can cream of mushroom soup, wait a bit until that's heated through, then add about a 1/2 cup of sour cream. Warm that all up together, and voila! You can put this on egg noodles or serve in a bowl or whatever. It's still one of my favorite comfort foods.

we like Texas Beef Skillet, it is eaten different ways here, some eat it as a burrito/taco and some eat in in a bowl with chips. It is ground beef, a can of red kidney beans, can of diced tomatoes, some rice, diced onion and green pepper and some spices. We sprinkle a lot of cheese on it. Here's a link to the recipe, I got it out of my older Better Homes & Gardens cookbook

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1727,157162-244198,00.html

Brown the hamburger with some onions. Add a can of tomato sauce, a couple cans of diced tomatoes, a couple cans of beans ( I usually use kidney or black). Add lots of curry powder until it tastes good to you..add some sliced zucchini and peas. It doesn't take long for the zucchini and peas to cook so don't let it cook too long. I is very filling and wonderful served over brown rice. It cooks well n the crock pot, too.