Menu

Where can I find modest girls' jeans?

mama2cntrykids

My dd6.5 has a total of three pairs of jeans. Two of them have holes in the knees and the third pair is starting to. I was looking at Wal-Mart today at their girls' jeans and...blech. Her crack would be showing everytime she sat down/bent over in ANY of those styles. Plus, many of them were skinny jeans or leggings jeans, which she couldn't pull off. She still has some baby fat around her mid-section (that's the only place it is too).

Where can I find jeans that are a modest cut? I looked at the jeans in the boys' section, but the rise seemed huge!

Please help me out here. I can't spend forever shopping with this girl, because I usually have a toddler in tow.

Thanks so much!

Check Crazy 8 for jeans. They are good and not pricey. They work well on DD and don't show any plumbers crack. I have had luck at Children's Place for jeans too.

Are either of these good for tall girls? I just looked at the Crazy 8 website and all the jeans say that they sit just below the waist...my dd has a really long torso and really long legs...I am having this problem with all her jeans, as well.

Are either of these good for tall girls? I just looked at the Crazy 8 website and all the jeans say that they sit just below the waist...my dd has a really long torso and really long legs...I am having this problem with all her jeans, as well.

They work really well on my tall DS and my long legs DD. On DS they sit a little about the waist. On DD they sit at the waist. I buy the straight leg and boot cut. DD has a butt and DS doesn't so that is the difference on my kids.

They work really well on my tall DS and my long legs DD. On DS they sit a little about the waist. On DD they sit at the waist. I buy the straight leg and boot cut. DD has a butt and DS doesn't so that is the difference on my kids.

Okay. I think we just got one of those in our mall, so I'll have to go check them out.

We do well at Old Navy and Cherokee jeans at Target, both boot cut and skinny. Jeans do not go as high as they did 10-15 years ago, but we don't have any problem with these brands covering everything. My kids have different shapes, but all are relatively thin in the waist--adjustable waists are a must. A little stretch in the jeans helps too. One kid needs slim fit, but stretch to cover her athletic build. Two kiddos have legs that are long for how skinny their waists are. Old Navy jeans look great on them. And they all like them and find them very comfortable. Youngest wore only dresses and leggings for a couple of years because she didn't like the way jeans felt--until she got her older sister's hand-me-down Old Navy jeans. We had to go out and get her a few more pairs!

Another vote for Crazy 8 and Gymboree. Old Navy never worked for my long torso gal. They typically run long IME. I also believe it or not, recommend you look at Justice. I don't remember the name of the style, but there is one where they make the back higher than the front so that it combats crack. They're GREAT!!! I'll go check the name of the style on Mel's jeans and get right back to you.

They're called "Simply Low".

I get DD7's jeans at Target, Walmart and JCP, and we haven't had that problem. I have to get her adjustable-waist jeans or she can't wear them.

Body types are so different that what works for one might be an epic fail for another. The absolute worst jeans I've ever had for keeping my rear covered were from Old Navy. YMMV.

I'm still looking. I don't know OP's definition of "modest", though. DD is nearly 14. Neither she nor I like the "rise so low as not to rise" look. Nor do we care for what I dubbed "spray paint pants" ("skinny". These look to us like a second skin, and do not appeal.) I do not want to put DD into Walmart pull-up denims, even though they meet our personal criteria in some ways.

Thanks to all the votes for Crazy 8 jeans, I just ordered two pairs for DD at their online store. They're having their Presidents Day sale through tomorrow, so they were only $11.99 each and just $5 for shipping. Looks like they have a good return policy, and I can return a mail order to the local store, so I figure we have nothing to lose (I hate returning things through the mail, so I like that they'll let me return them locally if needed - and I'd never heard of it, but apparently we do have a local store).

I so hope these will fit! :)

• 2 weeks later...