Menu

Saturday Slacker

Night Elf

I have a whole unscheduled weekend. This almost never happens, but dd's bball team has a bye and there are no cubscouts or choir. I'm free for a whole 48 hours. Woo Hoo!!!

I LOVE unscheduled weekends. Last weekend was ridiculously busy. This weekend we had quite a few things as well, but everything has been blizzard cancelled. Love it... Although i'm slighly limited without power. Good thing we all have book lights!

I don't want to do anything today other than read my book and these boards. I have no desire to be productive or constructive.

That is all.

Isn't what you wrote the actual definition of Saturday? :confused1: Please someone say yes!

Dh let me sleep in. I woke to find that he'd bundled up all the kids for playing in the snow and he was out shoveling. Now the kids are playing and I'm just, well, reading here. And then I think I'll go finish a book. Not so bad to have lazy Saturdays once in awhile!

I'm putting up my tackling Saturday thread in a minute! :leaving:

Haha! I don't have to type on the "Tackle" thread! My house is clean (relatively speaking). All I had to do today was empty the dishwasher. Huzzah! I don't have anything to do tomorrow either. Double huzzah! I've started scheduling 1 or 2 things to do each day during the week, along with the ubiquitous load of laundry (though yesterday there was no laundry to be done!) and it has been so much easier. Today I can slack off. We went to lunch, did a little shopping and basically lazed around all day. Tomorrow we will laze around and Indy and I will eat popcorn and drink soda (big Sunday deal!), snuggle on the sofa and watch a movie during Han Solo's afternoon nap.

:huh: :glare: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :p

:iagree: But, it will probably get to me enough to make me get off my duff and do something. I've been making some good progress lately on cleaning and decluttering, so I might want to keep the momentum going.

I'm not sure I can qualify as a slacker for today. Just finished 3 miles on the treadmill. I've spent the rest of the day alternating b/t these boards and another chat board, organizing my to-do list, making decisions about curriculum/lesson plans, talking over decisions w/ dh & dc, and reading (mostly homeschool related). I'm not sure I can call it slacking, no matter how much of the time was spent sitting on my bum. Maybe I belong on Jean's tackle thread. Sorry, slackers, I so wanted to share the day with you. :lol:Otoh, all that sitting (w/ exception of the treadmill) didn't do anything for my decluttering and housecleaning goals.

I hope you had a nice relaxing day today and had a chance to read your book. :)

I feel asleep while reading and slept for a couple of hours. It's just been a lethargic day. I've been on the sofa for hours! Tomorrow I've got some cleaning to do and am starting to mentally prepare myself now. :)