Menu

So I Married an Axe Murderer :D

nmoira

So I'm sitting in a coffee shop before we head off for a play and "There She Goes" comes on the radio. So of course I think of So I Married an Axe Murderer.

How much do you love this movie?

During tv/movie time, we often yell out, "Head! Move it! Oy! Would ya look at that gargantuan cranium?! It like Sputnik!"

And whenever someone says they heard something that we don't think sounds very credible, we say, "Did you get that from The Newspaper?" If it's medical or food related, we ask if it's part of the Garth Brook's diet and if they need a juicer.

"We have a piper down!" Is something we say when a kid passes out asleep somewhere other than their bed.

It's one of our favorites. For no reason at all one of my dds will often start singing, "Woman, woooah-man...".

LOL dh and I refer to female "issues" as Woman-Woman stuff.

And we tease our boys about girls. Did you meet anyone nice? Any girls? No? Why? Did she smell like beef vegetable soup or related to the mafia?

I miss The Paper. It's just not the same since it went online only

My husband and I quote this every once in awhile as we discuss the spin on news reports that we read.

"The paper contains facts."

"This paper contains facts. ... 'Pregnant man gives birth.' That's a fact."

Okay, now trolling through quotes at http://www.imdb.com/...0108174/quotes.

"My name is John Johnson but everyone here calls me Vicki."

Erica in OR

My husband and I quote this every once in awhile as we discuss the spin on news reports that we read.

Brenda Fricker totally stole every scene she was in with "Charlie" and held her own with "Stuart," no mean accomplishment.

LOL!! One of my all time favorites. Every time we do any picture hanging my husband says, "you know what this place needs? A giant poster of Atlantic City". Or if we go out to eat and get a portion size bigger than we expected, we say, "excuse me? I believe I ordered the LARGE cappuccino?"

:lol: My dh and dds pull the "do you know what this place needs" line almost every time we're somewhere with large pictures or displays. They've done it so often I forgot they picked it up from this movie.

Okay, now trolling through quotes at http://www.imdb.com/...0108174/quotes.

"My name is John Johnson but everyone here calls me Vicki."

Erica in OR

Totally ruined that name forever in this family. Every time we hear or meet a vik, vikki, victor or Victoria we all have to stifle our giggles.

We no longer have a VHS player, but I haven't yet parted with the tape. I should just get the blu-ray, no? At least I'd be able to watch it. :tongue_smilie: