Menu

We need a new show to watch

Parrothead

We watch Once and Warehouse as a family. We are enjoying Revolution at the moment. Apart from these, we are a real BBC family and love Dr Who, Sherlock and the old Primeval. Unfortunately, many of the shows we enjoy end up getting cancelled after two or three seasons. We liked Oucasts until it disappeared.

We watch Once and Warehouse as a family. We are enjoying Revolution at the moment. Apart from these, we are a real BBC family and love Dr Who, Sherlock and the old Primeval. Unfortunately, many of the shows we enjoy end up getting cancelled after two or three seasons. We liked Oucasts until it disappeared.

We watch a lot of BBCA too. Our favorites there are Dr. Who, Top Gear, Richard Hammond's Crash Course.

We have a BUNCH of show interests in common there. I also caught up on Warehouse 13 several weeks ago and miss Eureka. :( Have you watched Psych? It's pretty good and lightweight. I'm curious about Alphas.

Haven't seen Psych. Apparently dh thought I didn't like Alphas and I thought he didn't. We are putting that on in the queue. Dh also found something called Falling Skies. Does anyone know if that is family friendly?

We watch all the ones you watch, plus we watched Eureka. Others we watch:

Covert Affairs

Burn Notice

Elementary

Fringe

NCIS: LA

The Big Bang Theory

Falling Skies

Bones

Psych

Touch

Teen Wolf (although this is definitely a teen show)

I forgot about NCIS: LA. I love it. I should see if I can find where to get caught up. Same for Burn Notice and Bones.

We watched the first season of Fringe and like it but just didn't jump in on season 2. I should look into that too.

My 16 year old keeps telling me I'd love The Big Bang Theory, so I might give that one a try.

Thanks! I know this is Parrot's thread but you've helped me. ;) Sorry for the barge in.

"The Middle" -- family comedy ABC 8 pm wednesdays. I had been taping this show for 3 YEARS before I actually watched an episode in September. Now our whole family is catching up and totally hooked on this great show. Stars Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn. The teenage daughter Sue is hilarious!

I forgot to mention that we also watched all of the Psych seasons as a family. It should be noted however that we did preview the episodes first as there is some sexual stuff in there. It is a really great show. Big Bang has a bit too much of this for our youngest (age 11), actually our oldest (age 14,16) haven't really been cleared to watch it. (Maybe we are a bit too strict :glare: )

I'm enjoying "Emily Owens, M.D". The writers are experts at creating awkward situations for this down-to-earth surgical intern. On CW. I watch it on Hulu.

Looking forward to Touch and Psych returning in February!

I remember seeing ads for that on a different channel. It's the show where the lady is yelling at the little girl at the school yard, correct?

I'll see if we can get it on the ruko somewhere.

Castle

Rizzoli and Isles

Agree with Numb3rs - excellent show and was sorry to see it go. Very family friendly and intelligent show.

While most episodes of Numb3rs were family friendly, there were some that were not. I previewed the episodes because there were some sprinkled in that weren't family-friendly at all. The one with the 7 deadly sins was one that I didn't preview and was sorry for it. It really freaked out my youngest (10-11yo at the time). The episode where they repeatedly showed a 6yo boy getting shot was not family friendly either. That one was about faulty memory. I can't think of any others right now. In general, I would say Numb3rs is good for 12yo and up for sure, and often for 10yo and up.

I would recommend Stargate SG1 ... some of the episodes are cheesy but overall it's an excellent, family friendly show.

Stargate Atlantis is even better (a bit scarier than SG1) but is no longer on streaming.

Of course, there are all the incarnations of Star Trek...

Say Yes to the Dress is oddly entertaining, it's on netflix.

Murdock Mysteries is family friendly, a detective show that takes place in 1800s Canada.

Foyles War, as has already been mentioned.

We are watching Fringe. Not okay for our 8 year old, in our book, but if your kids are older and they watch Grimm - it might work. We also like Grimm.

It's available on Amazon Prime.

We found it when I was in the mood for something "Philip K. Dick - ish." :D

Currently watching:

Terra Nova - well, we just finished this last night. There is only one season and we watched it really quick because the girls kept asking for it.

Monk - only in Season 3 but still loving it. Not as much "we have to watch another episode right now" as Terra Nova, Doctor Who, or Once Upon a Time, but entertaining and enjoyable.

Merlin - going to start new season this week

Watched and loved:

Leverage - younger dd especially loved Leverage, so much so that older dd bought her an all black costume like Parker's last year for Christmas and she was trying to pick locks all over the house :D

Doctor Who

Once Upon a Time - dd's and I can't get enough, dh is going to watch it with us soon.

Downton Abbey - ok, this was only the girls and me but we loved it. I did edit two scenes in the first season for my dd12 though.