Menu

Kids bickering while brushing teeth. Every.single.night...

Halcyon

I am so tired of it. Really. Every night my kids bicker when they are sent to brush teeth, wash face etc before bed. I dont know why. But it is every nighth. Older says something obnoxious, younger over reacts, screams, older yells back that he is being dramatic, younger storms into room.

They should be able to brush their teeth withtout getting into a fight!! Ugh. Do i really need to stand there and watch over them like a prison guard?

Vent over.

Oh my word. Mine too. And we moved this year from a house with one sink in their bathroom to a house with 2 sinks. So really, what the what?!?!?

We now send them in one at a time. Really pathetic but at least it is more peaceful.

Yes!! We just moved froma one sink bathroom for them to a house with a bathroom with two sinks also!! What the hey?? It has gotten WORSE! I dont know why! Ridiculous.

Count mine in, too. Plus the ever-so-clever returning about 40 seconds after they go into the bathroom, claiming teeth have been brushed. As if we a) can't hear them fighting all the way there and back and B) don't check. Every.single.time.

Honestly, I sometimes ask them if they're new here. It does boggle the mind.

I can't tell you how much better these posts make me feel! I thought we were the only ones! EVERY night our two girls enter into a rough-housing Battle Royale while brushing teeth. I thought we were the only ones that had to separate them in this! And then, of course, they're upset over who went "first" last time. :cursing:

Same here and honestly, my sister and I fought while brushing teeth growing up. It's just normal. Mine are no longer allowed to brush together. One at a time. And no standing outside the door being annoying LOL!

oh yes. my boys would TOTALLY do that. Ugh.

Oh my word. Mine too. And we moved this year from a house with one sink in their bathroom to a house with 2 sinks. So really, what the what?!?!?

We now send them in one at a time. Really pathetic but at least it is more peaceful.

I know. Same here- I thought when we moved to a house w/ 2 sinks, this lovely nightly ritual would resolve itself. :confused1:

Some nights, when I'm feeling snippy, its a 'silence-no-one-says-a-word-or-makes-a-sound' kind of deal...

In our home, no two children are allowed in the bathroom at one time (bedrooms either except for sleep). Can't fight if you're not allowed in the room (or even in the doorway). It never crossed my mind that we had this nice side effect of our rules. YAY! Granted, it does take us longer to get through routines (well, having so many kids makes that the case anyway).