Menu

Karma has been doing a really lousy job lately :(

So imagine this scenario:

You have a daughter. She is quite pretty. Strangers tell her on a routine basis that she is beautiful. She is also extremely outgoing and nice. Makes a point of being kind and friendly to everybody. Always happy and laughing. She is smart, accomplished, interesting and adventurous.

A boy that she has a crush on starts texting her. And IM'ing her on facebook. A lot. Like, every day for hours a lot. And she is hoping that this will turn into something more. She finds him funny and cute. All the girls like him.

But then, one day, she is at a school function. And there is a girl there who is a b*tch. The girls takes pride in being a b*tch and says so all the time. Her attitude is if she does not like a person, she COMPLETELY IGNORES THAT PERSON. That person, to her, does not exist. She makes fun of other students all the time. She swears like a drunk and is crude and rude in a very public manner. And she has, in the past, targeted your daughter. She started a disgusting rumor about your daughter and another boy and what she supposedly saw them doing in a movie theater. That rumor followed your daughter for months. You know the rumor is absolutely untrue because it was you that drove your daughter and a bunch of her friends to the movies, and were there in the theater. This nasty girl just saw them together and ran with it.

So, at this school function, this nasty girl gets a text. And she announces it is from the boy that was texting your daughter. He has also been texting this girl. And has been texting your daughter less and less. He eventually ends up dating the nasty girl.

So, not only does your daughter NOT get the boy, she loses him to the girl who made her life miserable because this girl is a nasty, rumor-making, conniving b*tch. AND it has to happen right in front of your daughter's face. Your daughter tells you that sitting there and hearing this other girl crow about this boy texting her was just a terrible moment for her.

Of course, you tell your daughter that this guy must be a real jerk to pick the nasty girl, and that she is probably better off in the long run, but in the meantime the nasty girl gets the funny, cute, popular boyfriend who buys her flowers and takes her on dates. He doesn't seem like a jerk. He seems like he is a nice boyfriend. And the nasty girl gets all the benefits of it.

Sometimes Karma just does not do its job very well.

Karma, which I prefer to view as God's timing, but regardless of how you view it, it takes TIME. So if this just happened, give it some time. What goes around does come around. Let me give you hope:

When I was in grade school I was incessantly picked on by two specific girls ALL.the.time. That was grade school. When I was doing my internship with a local police department my last semester of college, the first night I rode with the cop that drove the paddy wagon, guess who we arrested first? Yep, one of the girls who incessantly bullied me in grade school. I'd call that poetic justice. It DOES happen. Just not in our timing.

Karma, which I prefer to view as God's timing, but regardless of how you view it, it takes TIME. So if this just happened, give it some time. What goes around does come around. Let me give you hope:

When I was in grade school I was incessantly picked on by two specific girls ALL.the.time. That was grade school. When I was doing my internship with a local police department my last semester of college, the first night I rode with the cop that drove the paddy wagon, guess who we arrested first? Yep, one of the girls who incessantly bullied me in grade school. I'd call that poetic justice. It DOES happen. Just not in our timing.

:iagree: Karma can take its time, but it usually does come around.

Are you FB friends with any of "those" boys from when you were in school? How are they doing? I know in my case dd would be getting a fb tour of where they ended up. One is still at home with his parents and has gained about 100lbs. He is very sweet and kind, but I am grateful he ended up going for that girl. Another is dead from a drug overdose, and a couple others I have watched parade through girls who make the girls from Jersey Shore look down right domestic. All of this with children from previous relationships in tow. :glare:

Karma isn't getting the short term popular boy, it is NOT getting him when all along he has been duplicate. I know that doesn't make her feel better....now.

Now, that scraggly little nerd or kid not quite on the popular radar. Yeah, one is a gorgeous masseuse...with his own spa, another a top notch lawyer, and another makes 6 figures as a head hunter for large companies.

Guest inoubliable
Are you FB friends with any of "those" boys from when you were in school? How are they doing? I know in my case dd would be getting a fb tour of where they ended up. One is still at home with his parents and has gained about 100lbs. He is very sweet and kind, but I am grateful he ended up going for that girl. Another is dead from a drug overdose, and a couple others I have watched parade through girls who make the girls from Jersey Shore look down right domestic. All of this with children from previous relationships in tow. :glare:

Karma isn't getting the short term popular boy, it is NOT getting him when all along he has been duplicate. I know that doesn't make her feel better....now.

Now, that scraggly little nerd or kid not quite on the popular radar. Yeah, one is a gorgeous masseuse...with his own spa, another a top notch lawyer, and another makes 6 figures as a head hunter for large companies.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Well, I did get the popular boy in high school. But it was probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to me. 5 years later with a severely broken heart and sorely lacking in confidence - I tried to put myself back together without the boy. I've wished many times I could have walked away from that relationship before it ever started.

I'm so sorry for your daughter. I still struggle with memories of being bullied from a girl that sounds very much like the one you described. :grouphug:

Haha I do sometimes creep on old boyfriends facebook pages, assuming I can even remember their last names!

I tell my girls that the boy you cry about today is the guy you will scoff about tomorrow.

It is just hard when it happens right in front of your face. And with the girl who made your life miserable. Life does go on, but the opportunity was missed, and was actually turned into a really lousy memory.

I hope someday she runs into him (or her) and barely remembers them. That would be the best justice.

Ummm... not for anything... but how "nice" could this boy be, if he was leading your dd on with his charming and wonderful texts... at the exact same time he was pursuing Evil Girl? :confused:

Perhaps he and Evil Girl deserve each other.

I'm so sorry that your dd is hurt, though. It's especially painful at her age. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Ummm... not for anything... but how "nice" could this boy be, if he was leading your dd on with his charming and wonderful texts... at the exact same time he was pursuing Evil Girl? :confused:

Perhaps he and Evil Girl deserve each other.

I'm so sorry that your dd is hurt, though. It's especially painful at her age. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yep, I'd say dd dodged a bullet, so Karma is doing her job (if you believe in it).

I'm glad I didn't end up with my high school crush. He is now about 200lbs overweight and his face turned up on the sex offender registry for my area! :svengo: Major error in judgement averted! See sometimes it is really a good thing but at the time seems bad. High school girls sometimes wear those "rose colored glasses".

I'm glad I didn't end up with my high school crush. He is now about 200lbs overweight and his face turned up on the sex offender registry for my area! :svengo: Major error in judgement averted!

When you first found out about it, I'll bet you first went :eek: and then :ack2: and then you probably felt pretty smug that you were smart enough not to have ended up with him. ;)

You definitely dodged a bullet there.

Kids like that often "peak" once out of high school and the rest of their life they are bemoaning the ol' Glory Days when they were King or Queen. Meanwhile... those who did not peak or were bullied on finally blossom and find their niche/partner/career in life and do quite well.

I cannot tell you how many from my High School who were Queen Bees are now miserable. That girl will also be emotionally immature if she keeps acting like that in life. OP, let your dd read this and have hope that Murphy's Law (Karma) will bite back at those people. Hang in there! :grouphug:

Thank you everyone for your replies! There is definitely some good advice in there to give her for the future.

I especially like the post that says she needs to wait for the guy who has good taste. :)

(I just wish he would hurry it up a lil' bit haha)

Personally, if I had a 15yo dd, I would be thrilled if she wasn't interested in having a serious boyfriend -- or any boyfriend at all. What's the rush?

My daughter is 18.

And it's not so much of being in a rush as it is her having to watch someone who deserves bad luck seemingly getting rewarded for nasty behavior.

Oops -- sorry! I was thinking your dd was only 15. I wonder where I got that from! :blush:

I know what you mean about being upset for your dd. It would have been different if the boy had gone out with almost any other girl but the one who has tormented your dd. That girl sounds so mean! She may not even particularly want the boy; she may just not have wanted your dd to have him. There are some girls who will go after any guy that another girl likes, just to prove to herself that she's "better" than the other girl.

It's kind of pathetic, when you think about it. That other girl must be quite an insecure and unhappy person if she tries to hurt other people. She is probably jealous and envious of your dd, so she's trying to make herself seem better and prettier and more important -- and the only way she can do it is to be rotten.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

The evil girl and the two-timing boy are together. Sounds to me like Karma did your dd a favour.

Yes--- that was my thought.

She'll treat him like crap, and meanwhile he'll be sweet-texting someone else behind her back. Match made in heaven.

astrid