Menu

I feel so nerdy...

:lol: I have both mine and DD10's memorized. We do so much requesting and downloading of ebooks and audiobooks online, I'm forever typing them in. And for some reason, Safari doesn't retain the card number for our library site, so I do have to enter it by hand every single time.

(I can also rattle off my MC number pretty quickly, though in my defense, I do pretty much all non-grocery shopping online these days. What did we ever do before the Internet?! I can't even stand to step foot in a mall anymore :lol:)

I have mine memorized plus the ones for the kids in case I use up my book requests and need to use some of theirs. :tongue_smilie:

I can check out as much as I want, but can only request 10 place holds at a time. I hadn't thought of getting the kids cards. Thanks for the idea! *Evil Laugh*

Speaking of holds, does everyone's library charge for holds? They charge $1 !!! We just moved here and that floored me..

I guess I got spoiled by my old library?? They only charged you .25 if you placed a hold and didn't pick it up and check it out within 10 days.

And Inter-library loans are $5 !!!!

Maybe I need to find a new library?

Do you mean there are people who don't!? :confused: :lol:

I don't. :$

But my computer remembers it for me. :) so I don't have to.

I did get an email from a librarian today asking for my phone number so she can talk to me further about my request for recorded classical poetry at the library. I of course got my dh to read the email so he knows how famous I am. :) :) :)

Speaking of holds, does everyone's library charge for holds? They charge $1 !!! We just moved here and that floored me..

I guess I got spoiled by my old library?? They only charged you .25 if you placed a hold and didn't pick it up and check it out within 10 days.

At first you scared me, but you have 10 days to pick up your holds. My library gives me, depending on when it arrives 2.5 to 3 days. I'm glad I live close.

What?! WHAT?! Mine is free. For in library holds and also for any requests I make from any library in their system (they even send them to my library for me to pick up.)

I too have the entire family's library card numbers memorized. We used to be able to only have thirty holds per card; fortunately, that has now changed. My husband used to joke that I would max out our library cards. (Hey, it's cheaper than maxing out a credit card!)

Regards,

Kareni

:001_huh: Oh no! I couldn't afford that! I typically have 20-30 holds at any given time. And as soon as I pick them up, I usually have something on my list to add. I would be spending hundreds a month! Almost all of my holds are inter-library, we live in a small town. I guess I never realized how good of a system we have.

Everything is free for us.

Someone posted on here once that knowing your library card number will be homeschoolers' secret code if homeschooling becomes illegal and we have to go underground. :lol:

I have mine and dh's memorized. I always feel funny typing them into the checkout machines instead of scanning the cards. :D

Our home library does not charge for holds but does charge $3.00 for an inter-library loan request. (Unless you volunteer four hours per month for the library in which case inter-library loans are free.)

Our neighboring city's library for which we pay $120 per year charges $1.00 for each hold that is not picked up within eight days. I don't know what they charge for an inter-library loan.

Regards,

Kareni

I"m realizing that I am truly blessed at my library. I think I'll be picking up Miss Laura a coffee tomorrow! She will ask what the kids are studying next and will set things aside for me to look at the next time I come in. She is amazing!

I don't have my numbers memorized, but I have them installed on the ipad!