Menu

Reporter: "Invoking the bygone days of Mommywood glamour, mirth dazzles in a black camisole, leaving much to the imagination. Shoulders are covered playfully with what appears to be a large strip of fuschia scrap gauze ... oh wait, no that's a vintage madras blouse from Les Kohls! She keeps it real and on-trend by pairing designer stained Levis which smell curiously of mustard with distressed masculine socks. Accessories? One word: Spin Pin. Mirth, darling, how do you pull together these ensembles -- in less than 3 hours a day, moreover?"

Mirth: "Well like Heidi Klum, I have a rule in the house. Rule No. 1 is always to look cool, and rule No. 2 is don't forget about rule No. 1. We have other rules like ending world hunger and ending illiteracy ... but the No. 1 rule is to always look cool. The rest is magic!"

Report (aside): [mumbling to makeup assistant while mic is still on] "Yeah magic, my @ss. She stole Barefoot Contessa's stylist after that whole embarrassing homemade 'Milkbones' dog biscuit incident."

You know Heidi! I'm so impressed. Vintage IS so cool.

Loving this thread!

Embracing her global adventurous spirit, Happy sports navy blue cargo shorts in a mid-thigh length. These shorts are suitable to wear as Happy does to prepare her elegant domain for tomorrow's elegant dinner party. Or she could wear these versatile cargo shorts as she explores the Outback of Australia or the canyons of Texas. Tres chic!

To complete the global emphasis, Happy dons a pale blue tee embroidered with small colorful butterflies and emblazoned with the word Canada. Truly a woman of the world, our Happy is.

Happy is bold tonight with her super chic, ultra short, post-chemo hairdo. Bunny fur soft, her hair is a tasteful melange of black and silver...

World class indeed, with an emphasis on class! This outfit say I am health, I am happiness in blue!

In keeping with the theme of the weekend, Sara is sporting ultra comfortable knit capris in the slimming shade of black. Two pockets enhance the functionality of these sporty slacks. The effect is stunning when paired with a cozy Old Navy v-neck T in Heather. Three babies ago it was a maternity top. Now it fits just right, sans fetus.

Oh, that's too funny! All of these are! Let me try...

Tonight Chelle is sporting a runway favorite...Dockers army green shorts w/back flap pockets. The mid-thigh length covers just enough to be "in dress code" in case anyone from her homeschool groups is making rounds tonight.

Paired w/the classic shorts is a USAF Mather AFB t-shirt in gun metal grey that hearkens back to a much earlier time--thinning just enough in places to add credence to the retro look.

Tying it all together, she's used a black hair accessory in the finest cotton, with just enough spandex to really pull off that sassy, low-pony look. Bare feet suggest a playful, almost youthful, air.

Ghee spent her Sunday in a pair of terribly fashionable old navy running shorts. Light, airy...the faintest white "not quite round enough to be polka dots" pattern adorned them. She topped the fashion forward shorts with a pale yellow Hillfiger tshirt. Boosting the overall look of the outfit, Ghee chose to add a splash of rotisserie chicken grease to the hem of the shirt to carry that look right into evening.

When bedtime rolled around, Ghee didn't blink. She whisked herself into a pair of vintage, distressed (reaaaally distressed) pj pants from Victoria's Secret. Never one to dress all in one designer, Ghee paired the VS bottoms with a grey tank from Walmart's Faded Glory line. Ghee didn't stop there, folks, she bumped up her fashion with a "why the heck is it so cold in here, is a/c really necessary??" accessory...one of her husband's old tees. A bold move by Ghee, this tee sports the Final Four logo.

The Wild West look is presented tonight with a full prairie length dress, in tone on tone colors, with chic antler buttons. Just the thing for hollering out the door for the coyote-hunting dogs to SHUT UP and let us all go to sleep. This modest dress is accented by several antler buttons that were just resewn this evening, as the modiste had not done much mending lately.

Antler buttons! I think I saw those in a Saks window...or was it Prada?

I'm just not gonna even try to be as classy as youall.

My jean shorts were handed down from a friend who outgrew them. I have no idea where she bought them (or if someone handed them down to her).

My T-shirt came from WalMart, I think, many years ago. No logo or anything. Just an old blue T-shirt. Stained.

Now if I were going to a friend party, I'd probably upgrade to faded jeans (not shorts) and a T-shirt with an unfaded, unstained logo. And white socks and sneakers.

If it were a tea in a hotel, I might upgrade still further to dockers and a button-down shirt, matching socks and brown flats. That's how I dress for church and most non-client meetings.

I like to be comfortable. If anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem.

MrsB is currently modeling an environmentally conscious statement. She is rocking an extra large blue t-shirt dress advertising a rehab/assisted facility that showcases the food the baby did not like at dinner, the ice cream the older child liked a tad too enthusiastically, and assorted domesticated fur placed strategically that showcases her love of animals.

She is currently taking a page from La Lohan's book and going sans pants. Obviously it's because her concern for the environment has lead to wearing as little as possible and not at all because she accidentally knelt in a pile of cat puke while changing a diaper.

Last, but not least, hair! She is using a red cloth scrunchy for a pop of fun vibrant color against her stick straight, blonde hair. There's no chance it was pulled out of the dark corner of the bathroom corner when she realized her hair was hanging down free and she was about to give the kids a bath and didn't want it pulled out of her head.

MrsB is currently modeling an environmentally conscious statement. She is rocking an extra large blue t-shirt dress advertising a rehab/assisted facility that showcases the food the baby did not like at dinner, the ice cream the older child liked a tad too enthusiastically, and assorted domesticated fur placed strategically that showcases her love of animals.

She is currently taking a page from La Lohan's book and going sans pants. Obviously it's because her concern for the environment has lead to wearing as little as possible and not at all because she accidentally knelt in a pile of cat puke while changing a diaper.

Last, but not least, hair! She is using a red cloth scrunchy for a pop of fun vibrant color against her stick straight, blonde hair. There's no chance it was pulled out of the dark corner of the bathroom corner when she realized her hair was hanging down free and she was about to give the kids a bath and didn't want it pulled out of her head.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

And following the very trendy MrsBasil we have Shukriyya who is wearing a lovely A-line teal skirt of hemp and spandex with a soft, perfect drape. Lest Jane Fonda exercise videos momentarily screech into view at the mention of spandex rest assured, fashionistas, that spandex and hemp are the new cotton. A long-sleeved Lands End t-shirt in a paler shade of teal with a subtle scooped neck adds a monochromatic touch to the outfit pulling it together in a confident way while at the same time brilliantly invoking the wilds of suburbia. Legs are bare with a slight stubble enlivening the look and lending a sense of bold realism to the scene. The oversized coatsweater in dark spruce with original pilling and holes rounds things out nicely with its unmistakable announcement of a laissez-faire attitude on the part of the wearer.

And following the very trendy MrsBasil we have Shukriyya who is wearing a lovely A-line teal skirt of hemp and spandex with a soft, perfect drape. Lest Jane Fonda exercise videos momentarily screech into view at the mention of spandex rest assured, fashionistas, that spandex and hemp are the new cotton. A long-sleeved Lands End t-shirt in a paler shade of teal with a subtle scooped neck adds a monochromatic touch to the outfit pulling it together in a confident way while at the same time brilliantly invoking the wilds of suburbia. Legs are bare with a slight stubble enlivening the look and lending a sense of bold realism to the scene. The oversized coatsweater in dark spruce with original pilling and holes rounds things out nicely with its unmistakable announcement of a laissez-faire attitude on the part of the wearer.

:lol::lol: Perfect!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Mamabegood is sporting a classic Lands End (yep, the real deal) white cotton T, refined by that just right fit that you can only get from years of wear and frequent washings. She's paired it with elegant granny panties in a matching white cotton. Clutch your pearls, ladies, because due to extreme heat and outrageous, air conditioning-defying electric bills, the outfit ends there. Thankfully, she plans to don a pair of loose khaki cotton shorts before the kids are up in the morning.

This Labor Day, Merry sports an extra large smile, accented by tears of laughter rolling down her face. Her white t-shirt echoes her facial creases. Roomy jean shorts, unfitted at the waist, demonstrate that July and August were months of fresh produce, grass fed dairy, and self-imposed starvation. She accessorizes her outfit with a simple diamond engagement ring and wedding band.

Caro is sporting the latest top from the Elton John charity collection. This year's proceeds go to the Billy Joel Foundation. In a flattering black and brown color scheme, Caro rolls out of bed in style this morning. This number is paired with a pair of retro men's boxers from the eighties so stylishly distracting that they were banned from high schools around the world as outerwear in 1985. The top is exclusively sold only to high rollers attending private Elton John/Billy Joel event with 50,000 of their other besties. The bottoms are a Tar-zhey special.

Well... I just finished working out, so I am in my very sweaty, very stinky blue and purple "gym clothes." So fashionable. ;) Wanna stop by and have some coffee? :lol:

Oh, and the hair is seriously WILD this morning. :D That's usually when my parents show up unannounced.

I'm sitting here procrastinating. At least you are done!

:lol::lol::lol: These are great!

This morning, Apryl is rocking the retro style in her sporty, vintage, ring neck Tee that declares that she is THE Pinball Legend. This vintage Tee was aged in a 15 year process that produces just the right amount of pilling AND has strategically placed bleach accents. Paired with this Tee is a sleek pair of cut off stretch jeans, folded just so at the knee. These jeans have also gone through a multi-year aging process AND have that "worn for days" look. Her bare feet also have the aged look from carefully groomed callouses, and artfully chipped grey nail polish. To cap off this ensemble, Apryl has worked with the area humidity to produce the "big hair" look without the aid of gels or hairspray. Quite a feat indeed!

Okay, joining in late here.

The stars are out and the moon is full and Bassooonaroo will have sweet dreams in this menopause-friendly ensemble in pure cotton. Her pyjama shorts are a wonderful distressed amphibian print over a sunny background. Forgiving elastic waist keeps Bassoonaroo from regretting the apple pie a la mode that she enjoyed with guests as they celebrated the end of summer.

Her stunning snow white pyjama top is truly a one of a kind vintage artwork created by a talented prodigy artisan. Created in vibrant primary colors, each print on the top is a unique print of a genuine tilapia obtained by our trained shoppers who spotted them at Albert Son's, in the south. The top is a generously oversized non-pima spun cotton knit hand crafted by the world famous Haynes (like Cher or Madonna, he is known by a mono-moniker!) and sublimely procured at W. Al Green's local market as our buyers spotted it near such items as pot scrubbers and laundry detergent.

(Okay, just what was a I wearing. Pajama bottoms that are faded yellow with frogs jumping all over them -- huge elastic waist. The top is a remnant from MFW/ECC -- instead of doing fish prints on paper, we all made tee shirts using fabric paint and cheap tee shirts using the cheapest whole fish at the grocery store. Mine is a terrific night shirt. Night sweats call for all cotton and loose. And I remember reading "pyjama" with the Y in a VS catalog half a life ago and thought, "If they use a Y, then they can charge double?")

Showing off her style aesthetic, Ann is wear a simple medium blue t-shirt inspired top. But it is her wide leg, loose knit pant that really elevates the outfit. See how the fabric move as she walks down the runway or takes the dog for a morning walk. Tim Gunn wants to know what is going on with the fit in the back, but she tell him "she'll make it work" and pulls down her t-shirt top to cover the offending area.

She has thoughtfully accessorized pulling a pair a bright green crocs from the Lord & Taylor wall. Now it is only a matter of hair and makeup. Natural is in and the stylists have done an amazing job with "au natural" make up that is almost as if she weren't wearing any and a causal, tossled hair that may look like she had not combed it, but actually took 1/2 hour with the stylist to achieve this look. Will it go over with the judges? Ann seems fairly confident it will.

Mamabegood is sporting a classic Lands End (yep, the real deal) white cotton T, refined by that just right fit that you can only get from years of wear and frequent washings. She's paired it with elegant granny panties in a matching white cotton. Clutch your pearls, ladies, because due to extreme heat and outrageous, air conditioning-defying electric bills, the outfit ends there. Thankfully, she plans to don a pair of loose khaki cotton shorts before the kids are up in the morning.

:lol::lol::lol:

You ladies are all giving me a good chuckle this morning.

Today Crissy is sporting a pair of medium-dark wash denim jeans courtesy of Le Thrift Store. Her shirt is a vintage heather gray "Fall Ball" t-shirt from her husband's coaching days. To round out the ensemble, she chose to go barefoot in true Bohemian Chic style.

It's not a hole in the pocket, it's a strategically placed venting device. You know, like how you buy jeans with holes pre-made. Perhaps the more fashionable term would be "distressed".

I am going to be wearing some very "distressed" pants to go check under the house to make sure the chickens did not lay any eggs under there when I shut them up under there for Isaac.

Ladies, step aside. Wendi is bring uni-boob back! Fresh from her workout, Wendi is killing the uni-boob look, courtesy of her 10yo classic Target sports bra. Her top is in the ever-classic neon coral shade, accented with strategically-place grease stains. This look says "She can work out and fry up a mean batch of fried chicken!" Versitile indeed! Her red sweaty face complements the coral color of her top. Wendi is also rocking the ever-fasionable black spandex shorts, which highlights her to-die-for three-baby belly. She brings new meaning to the phrase "You can't touch this."

can't breathe :lol:

This is my favorite thread ever!

Taira is sporting Labor Day casual this Monday evening. She has matched a functional white tank top under a delightful, rose-colored textured tee. Pairing them with Bermuda length cargo shorts has produced a winning combination. The shorts are not khaki, not brown, but falling somewhere in between adding interest to the outfit. When all is said and done, she pulls together an outfit from the 2003 Old Navy line like it came out just last year. To finish it off, she's sporting matching flip-flops by Crocs. Add in the vanity sizing and it equals one confident woman!

Edited by Dinsfamily
Forgot footwear.

When all is said and done, she pulls together an outfit from the 2003 Old Navy line like it came out just last year. To finish it off, she's sporting matching flip-flops by Crocs. Add in the vanity sizing and it equals one confident woman!

:lol:

That smilie is the answer to pretty much every one of these highly amusing posts.