Menu

Bitterswet homecoming....

Today we brought our sweet Matthew home, our other kids have come to hang for a few.hours and then will spend one more.night with Mema and papa. We got here here before the kids. We walked in to find that our dog was by the back door, he did bot greet us when we came, is passed away sometime after 9 pm last night. He had heart and kidney failure and lung problems as well. We knew It was coming, but I hoped we would have a few.more.days. :(

:grouphug:and:crying: Our dog had been with us more than 15 years and we had to put him down about the time of my due date. He couldn't stand long enough to go outside and he was miserably sick and sore. We took him to the vet a week before my due date because we didn't want to have to do it when we brought dd home and grandparents were all in town. It was so hard and we both cried so much. I wish that he could have been around to meet our dd, but it was better that he was no longer suffering.

We now have a std. poodle who is about the same age as dd. They have been together since she was 4 months old. They are best friends and great for each other.