Menu

For all you Doctor Who fans

I saw this posted on facebook and just about fell out of my chair laughing so hard. (Although I might have already been a little loopy because of cupcake kerfuffle...)

I read earlier today that Matt Smith is hinting that he's going to be around for a couple more years. I'm glad to hear that; he's grown on me. :D

I miss David Tennant. **sniffle**

Me too. DH and I recently watched the new Fright Night movie. I didn't care for the movie in general, but seeing DT - especially shirtless and in skin tight leather - completely made it worth my time. :drool5:

A friend posted this on my FB page a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/guide/specials/the-science-of-doctor-who/

Allons-y!

Yep, they're running specials all in August. Tonight is the Women of DW. We're looking forward to next week's ep "The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who".

I liked Eccleston, and I like Matt Smith, but Tennant will always be my Doctor. :D

:iagree: I love rewatching the Tennant years. :001_smile:

Does anyone know when the specials will show up on Netflix? Last week's special is on iTunes, but I do not want to start buying all of the episodes lol.

I love Matt Smith. The kids and I all love him. David Tennett had to grow on us, though. In fact, we skipped him at first, because we watched one episode and were :001_huh: the whole time. We watched 9 and 11, then (out of desperation) watched 10. ODS said the other day, "You know, I like him more now."

I think I have a Dr Who sickness. I've been toying with the idea of getting a small TARDIS tattooed on the inside of an ankle. I've never toyed with the idea of any tattoo...but a TARDIS sounds cool (and it would be so relevant to my life right now....)

I don't want a new Doctor. :crying:

I cried buckets when David left. I've seen those that season a dozen times over probably and I still get teary if I actually watch the entire last 2 eps of his run.

I love Matt Smith. The kids and I all love him. David Tennett had to grow on us, though. In fact, we skipped him at first, because we watched one episode and were the whole time. We watched 9 and 11, then (out of desperation) watched 10. ODS said the other day, "You know, I like him more now."

I liked Chris, but David was my/is my favorite of the new doctors. I very strongly disliked Matt as soon as they announced him; he was just kooky looking for my taste. But his chemistry with Amy and Rory and River is fantabulous and now we look forward to any chance to watch the show.

Have you seen the pics of the new companion? What do you think of her? I think she looks very innocent and sweet. It's going to be interesting to see how they play that off. :bigear:

I'm up to the end of David Tennant's last season on Netflix, and I've slowed waaay down on my watching because I don't want a new Doctor. :crying:

I did this, too, and it has taken me *forever* to really warm up to Matt Smith, but it happened, tonight, as a matter of fact!

Episode 11, of season 5, is called The Lodger. I am officially enjoying the Eleventh Doctor! :hurray:

I did this, too, and it has taken me *forever* to really warm up to Matt Smith, but it happened, tonight, as a matter of fact!

Episode 11, of season 5, is called The Lodger. I am officially enjoying the Eleventh Doctor! :hurray:

I LOVE that episode! Craig was one of my favorite recurring characters. I really hope they bring him back in Season 7.

I still can't warm up to Matt. David will always be my eye candy

:ohmy::blushing:

Did you know that in the episode where Ten and Rose meet the Queen, he's speaking in his own natural Scottish accent?

I LOVE that episode! Craig was one of my favorite recurring characters. I really hope they bring him back in Season 7.

:ohmy::blushing:

Did you know that in the episode where Ten and Rose meet the Queen, he's speaking in his own natural Scottish accent?

The Hubby knows that he's the only man I'd ever leave him for:auto: He says that he would leave me for JLo in a heartbeat but I know in his heart he really doesn't want me to burn the house down with both of them in it if he even tried it:lol:

I'm finally almost caught up and will be ready for the new season to start. I saw the new companion in the recent Julian Fellowes Titanic mini-series and liked her (the show itself...not so much).

I love all three of them. I was sad when 9 turned to 10 and stopped watching for a while when 10 turned to 11.

Edited by WordGirl

Have you seen the pics of the new companion? What do you think of her? I think she looks very innocent and sweet. It's going to be interesting to see how they play that off. :bigear:

I did google her. She's very pretty, and she must be a great actress (I haven't seen them cast anyone yet that I didn't think played a role well.) She strikes me as a little too...cute? Perfect? I bet she will be great, though.