Menu

Have you decked out a full wall with Ikea bookshelves?

I just put some Billy bookshelves in my office, and I love them. I had planned on spanning a short wall, but I mis-measured it and ended up with too much shelf. So we had to move everything around to make it fit on a longer wall, but it came out better than I originally planned.

I chose the medium brown wood, and it works for my office.

I'd post pictures, but I don't know how. But I say you can't go wrong with Billy's. :)

We have a wall of white Billy bookcases. We have two tall ones on either end with the glass front doors and three short ones in the middle with solid white doors. We bought them way before we bought our current house and they've moved with us several times--definitely no regrets.

The kind that hold books, not bOOks... :-D

We are right on the cusp of ordering a full wall of BILLY bookshelves for our living room/family room/homeschool room. Has anyone done this and REGRETTED it?

I was leaning towards wood colored, but now I'm leaning towards white. Opinions?

We chose the darker wood color, almost black, three years ago and love it. They line every wall in our living room with the extra shelf on top. No regrets. Love it!!

We don't have the IKEA shelves, but we did use the cube bookcases from CLosetMaid and did a whole wall of them in dark brown/black. I love them. (We bought 4 of the 3x3 systems and anchored them together and to the wall.)

We also used the ClosetMaid cube bookcases. I absolutely LOVE them! Ours are white and very easy to clean as well.

The kind that hold books, not bOOks... :-D

We are right on the cusp of ordering a full wall of BILLY bookshelves for our living room/family room/homeschool room. Has anyone done this and REGRETTED it?

I was leaning towards wood colored, but now I'm leaning towards white. Opinions?

Yes, we did it a couple of years ago. It looks very organized and put together. The two middle doors have glass fronts, all bottom doors are solid but the two shelves on either end are open on the top. I love the various choices available.

We did this in our loft. We got the Billy bookshelves in dark wood with the extensions so they reach to the ceiling. We started next to a window and went around a corner using a corner shelf. I LOVE them! It was a great decision.