Menu

Isn't it ironic that we celebrate the world's athletes. . .

:lol::lol:

I know, I was just thinking the same thing. And I get strangely inspired by their dedication and training, too. I'm all, "See kids? You have to work hard every day to achieve your goals." Then I get up and pour myself another cup of coffee before sitting back down again. :tongue_smilie:

I know, I was just thinking the same thing. And I get strangely inspired by their dedication and training, too. I'm all, "See kids? You have to work hard every day to achieve your goals." Then I get up and pour myself another cup of coffee before sitting back down again. :tongue_smilie:

If I do calf stretches while my butt is in the chair, does this count as exercise??? :lol:

Oh, and I just watched the medal ceremony for the men's 400m IM. WHO CHOSE THAT VERSION OF THE NATIONAL ANTHEM??? Seriously, hello IOC organizers, when you need to play music for the public do something totally unexpected, completely wacky, CONSULT A MUSICIAN!!!!!

The key signature was ridiculous for singing and the temp was, shall we say, too zippy for any meaningful vocalizing along with it. Wow!

I need the Canadiens and the British to win golds so I can sing along with theirs and see if the organizers did any better by them.

Faith

That's me :D

Though I have not watched much coverage. I do like the diving.

I don't think it really makes any difference to me- at least the Summer Olympics. Here it is hot and that makes me lazy. When it cools down, I can move and do get some energy. NOw, no, I can watch Olympics or sit on the computer or read a book or something else non-energetic. It doesn't make any difference. It is hot.

I say this every Olympics. We become total couch potatoes. I wish we had couches that turned into exercycles that powered the TV. If we aren't pedaling, then we don't watch:). We are trying to make commercial time exercise time. We all have to get up and either do a chore or do some calisthenics. I might try to make a game of how many minutes we can accomplish per day:).

The hours of coverage of cycling today got me off my butt. We were bored so we decided to completely rearrange and de-clutter our bedroom while we waited for a more interesting event. I like watching the end, but hours and hours? No thank you.

Unfortunately, I was inspired to make Olympic-themed cookies last night during the opening ceremonies. Today I used red, white, and blue M&Ms for my Team USA version.:D

post-1589-13535087194019_thumb.jpg

At my home, the Olympics inspired my 8yo dd to plan and carry out The Silly Olympics, full of lots of silly/weird events. The cycling coverage inspired her also to finally be able to ride her 2 wheeler on her own for the first time.

I will print out the sparkpeople chart too!

What I find amusing is how I suddenly become an expert in the event I'm currently watching.

Things I heard come out of my mouth while watching the swimming: "She could have gotten another full stroke in that lap" "That was a poor start" :tongue_smilie:Amusing when I look like a drowning puppy when I swim.

What I find amusing is how I suddenly become an expert in the event I'm currently watching.

Things I heard come out of my mouth while watching the swimming: "She could have gotten another full stroke in that lap" "That was a poor start" :tongue_smilie:Amusing when I look like a drowning puppy when I swim.

:lol::lol: We have a child that does this and everyone yells "What do YOU know???" :lol::lol: And then we all laugh.

The cycling coverage inspired her also to finally be able to ride her 2 wheeler on her own for the first time.

That's awesome!! :hurray:

:lol::lol::lol: