Menu

What curriculum have you used for the longest amount of time-in terms of years?

HollyinNNV

What is the longest (in years) that you have used a specific curriculum product?  

1. 1. What is the longest (in years) that you have used a specific curriculum product?

• 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6 years
    • 7 years
    • 8 years
    • 9 years
    • 10 or more years!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a WTM traditionalist...

We've completed, and will continue the following with my now 6th grade dd (ds is following the same path):

Saxon: 1-6/5 (starting 7/6 this year)

Spelling Workout: A-F (finishing up G & H this year)

Rod & Staff English: 3-5 (starting 6 this year)

SOTW: we "did" one book per year K-3, then read the whole series each year for review

Spell to Write and Read. I used it in PK, K, 1, and 2nd so far with the oldest and plan to continue. I've used it in PK, K, and 1st so far with dd. RightStart is in close 2nd I used it in K, 1, and 2 for oldest and K & 1 for dd. I guess once I find something really good, I like to stick with it!

I voted a while back but guess I never posted! I voted 5 years. I've used SWR and SOTW for the past 5 years. I've used RS for 3 years and plan on continuing it for many more. :) and we've done Memoria Press's Latin series over the past 3 years as well, and I'll use it again for the girls.

Story of the World hands down for us!!! I am going on my fifth year of homeschooling. I am going into my second go around with SOTW. This is a family favorite at our house. I did not realize that it was the numero uno until you asked.

Next comes, Singapore Math! What would life be like for my older son if it were not for Singapore. He enjoys math because these books. I have learn so much more about math doing this program with him. This year will be his fourth year with this curriculum. Despite the fact the my younger son did not do the greatest in his IOWA test in the math (partly because he is struggling with the concepts), he knows his place values very well.

Next, Memoria Press Latina Christiana series, we are going into Latina Christiana II for my older son and Prima Latina for my younger. My older son will be using it for 3 years this coming year.

It is our second year using Writing Tales.

I cannot forget, even though we no longer use this program, Five In a Row. We used Before Five in A Row for both boys and Five in A Row for them too. So, 4 years in total for that curriculum.

Oh! How could I forget the most important: AWANA!! Our Bible curriculum mainstay for the past 4 going on 5 years.

I also forgot Building Thinking Skills and Mindbenders series. My son was in second grade when we started the books. I never rushed through these books. Whenever we had time, we would do them. My older son is doing second half of Building Thinking Skills level 2 and Mindbenders B series. My younger son is doing the second half of Building Thinking Skills level 1 and Mindbenders A series.

Blessing in your homeschool journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

• 5 weeks later...

I was totally surprised when I realized that A Beka is what I've used the longest. I haven't used the whole curriculum since Kindergarten with my oldest, but I use something from it every year. I really like their "Handbook for Reading," and their "Blend Book," as well as all their pre-school and K workbooks. Rod and Staff would have been my second longest at 4 years. We aren't using any RS this year, we're using A Beka's Language 3 workbook and PLL. My youngest is using A Beka's art projects and "Handbook for Reading," but we are going with ETC for phonics.

I've used Abeka Phonics K, 1 & 2 for three children (my youngest in school just started 1). It's been the easiest for me to implement for my children. They have various opinions on the readers, but the system has worked very well overall...

Abeka has been my favorite curriculum up through about grade two for Lanuage Arts and Arithmetic. I also continue to use the health program, the read & think skill sheets, and have started using their grammar again for my 4th grader.

We are going to be starting our 7th year of Singapore math (we started with Pre-K Earlybird)

We've also stuck with Getty-Dubay penmanship - we're starting our 6th year of that (started in K with book A). I think the next book after this year is the last one (book H), which ends by teaching calligraphy - my girls are looking forward to that as a reward!

My longest-running curriculum has been Sonlight. I've used it on some level, every year since my third year of homeschooling except for one. I think I've used every math curriculum out there, but my favorite has been Teaching Textbook.

As a long-term homeschooler, I have several things that I use again with the next child. My two oldest could already read before I pulled them from ps, but I used Explode the Code and Alpha-phonics for all three of the younger ones.

I have used Apologia Physical Science and Biology three times, and will use them again until everyone is finished.

I also used Canon Press Introductory Logic for all three of the older ones, and #4 is about it start it this year.

I used all 5 volumes of SOTW over 5 years. I loved it and was so sad when I finished it up. We are now starting year 2 with TOG and I forsee us using that for a long time. Other things come and go.

I'm only aware of 4 volumes of SOTW. What is the 5th?

I've only been hs'ing for 1 yr. but we've used RS Math and Ambleside booklists. They have worked well so I plan on continuing with those and adding in some other things this year, including SOTW.

We are only about to start our third year of homeschooling, but we have actually continued with a lot.

~We started FLL in K5 and finished it in first. We're going to be using WWE and Latin this year for grammar/writing, but I am still thinking about using FLL3 in third grade.

~We used SOTW, vol. 1 for first grade, and we will be using SOTW, vol. 2 for second grade.

~We used Artistic Pursuits for first grade, and we'll be using the next book in the series for second grade.

~We used Themes to Remeber by Classical Magic for first, and we'll be using it again for second.

~We used All About Spelling Levels One and Two for first, and we'll be using level Three for second.