Menu

Magic School Bus: The Complete Series (52 episodes) releases soon

Nestof3

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-School-Bus-Complete-Series/dp/B007I1Q4MM/ref=pd_cp_mov_1

THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS: THE COMPLETE SERIES ($79.95srp) brings together all 52 episodes of the program – including 30 which are available for purchase for the first time – on 8 DVDs.

Episode List:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Magic_School_Bus_episodes

Yes, Amazon has it much cheaper! :)

Edited by nestof3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How incredible awesome. When I click, the link says $56.85, which is even better.

Yes, with Amazon's low-price guarantee! I've pre-ordered before, and the price was lower upon release, so I was given a refund. Also, you are not charged until near shipping time.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the sort of thing kids watch over and over?

Yes. :glare:

But I have a rising 2nd grader, so I'm not sure if I should be buying it. Will she continue to be interested in it as a 4th grader? I want to get my money's worth.:tongue_smilie:

We've been watching them on YouTube, and to be honest, she has learned and retained science taught through this series. She does get very excited narrating the storyline and the science to me.

We just subscribed to AhaScience! but she claims it's not the same.

But I have a rising 2nd grader, so I'm not sure if I should be buying it. Will she continue to be interested in it as a 4th grader? I want to get my money's worth.:tongue_smilie:

We've been watching them on YouTube, and to be honest, she has learned and retained science taught through this series. She does get very excited narrating the storyline and the science to me.

Well, my rising 5th grader still loves them, FWIW. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Dawn! I just pre-ordered them. I don't think I'll tell the kids, or they'll be hounding me for the next month. It will be a nice surprise. :D

we've owned the individual dvds for years and my kids have always loved them. I wish I could just buy the dvds that I don't own, because it seems a waste to buy the entire set when we already own most of them :(

I'm looking forward to having them all in one place -- not 5 VHS tapes and 10 DVDs stacked. :lol: Plus, there are just so many we don't have because they were never issued on DVD before.

Honestly, this is one of those things that I would watch over and over...:lol:

All of the science I remember from my school days I learned from Magic School Bus or Bill Nye the Science Guy. Anything that I've happened to learn since then is because of Mythbusters :D

Thanks for posting this. I added it to my wish list. My kids and I have enjoyed watching Magic School Bus on and off for the past 12 years. We're very sad when PBS stopped airing them. Now I get the chance to share them with my youngest.

Asmaa

Do any of you have experience with pre-orders at Amazon? How quickly do they ship? I'm going to be out of state at my mom's from July 27-Aug 4, so if they ship really fast, I could have it sent to my mom's and the kids could have surprise entertainment right as they are starting to get bored at Grandma's. But if they aren't that fast, it could end up arriving at my mom's after we've gone and then she'd either have to forward it, or we'd have to wait till she comes here in October....

Do any of you have experience with pre-orders at Amazon? How quickly do they ship? I'm going to be out of state at my mom's from July 27-Aug 4, so if they ship really fast, I could have it sent to my mom's and the kids could have surprise entertainment right as they are starting to get bored at Grandma's. But if they aren't that fast, it could end up arriving at my mom's after we've gone and then she'd either have to forward it, or we'd have to wait till she comes here in October....

Are you a prime member or prime mom? It says that I will receive it on July 31st, the day of its release, but that means it will ship on July 29th or July 30th, because I have prime membership.

Did anyone else's order say differently if you are not a prime member?

I know I probably hinted I would not order, but I just did. :blushing:

Guest thalassa
:iagree:

I just purchased them for me :D

LOL, they are now on my amazon wishlist just for me as well...

...though the kids like the books, so I think they will *love* the show

Mine are starting to get older and we have seen all the ones we can but I think I will still get it. I have friends with younger children and if they come over I will have more younger kid friendly videos. Most of my younger stuff was VHS.

If you have prime, you will receive it the day it releases.

If you pre-order, and the price drops before it releases, they will refund you the difference.

My girls will be 2nd and 4th and they're both very excited about this.

Are you a prime member or prime mom? It says that I will receive it on July 31st, the day of its release, but that means it will ship on July 29th or July 30th, because I have prime membership.

Did anyone else's order say differently if you are not a prime member?

I know I probably hinted I would not order, but I just did. :blushing:

If you have prime, you will receive it the day it releases.

If you pre-order, and the price drops before it releases, they will refund you the difference.

Ooooooo, cool! We do have prime! I think I will pre order, then. Thanks!

SNORT!!!

My 11year old still watches Magic School Bus. SHe loves it!

My 14-year old will watch it too, but don't tell him I caught him watching. :D

Kris

SNORT!!!

My 11year old still watches Magic School Bus. SHe loves it!

My 14-year old will watch it too, but don't tell him I caught him watching. :D

Kris

My 17 year old caught sight of it over my shoulder and got excited - "You're getting that - right Mom?" This from a kid dual enrolled in college and working full time. Nope - they never outgrow MSB :lol:

We are, of course, ordering it for ds10 ;)

Can anyone tell me how many of these are previously un-released? I might be able to justify it if there are enough. We have every single DVD ever released individually, so I would probably donate those to a friend or something :)

All of the science I remember from my school days I learned from Magic School Bus or Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I priced the Bill Nye videos a while back and they were *expensive.* But I'd love to have them. One time we were in the grocery store and "Love Shack" from the B-52s came on the radio, and ds started singing the Bill Nye words to it: "Bloodstream! It's your bloodstream!" :lol:

Can anyone tell me how many of these are previously un-released? I might be able to justify it if there are enough. We have every single DVD ever released individually, so I would probably donate those to a friend or something :)

It looks like 27 episodes were put on DVD. This set has 52.

DVD Collections previously released

Each DVD contains three 30-minute episodes of the series. The following is a list of episodes appearing on each DVD.

The Magic School Bus – Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants

Butterfly and the Bog Beast

The Magic School Bus In A Beehive

The Magic School Bus – Space Adventures

The Magic School Bus Gets Lost In Space

The Magic School Bus Taking Flight

The Magic School Bus Out Of This World

The Magic School Bus – Human Body

The Magic School Bus For Lunch

The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie

The Magic School Bus Flexes Its Muscles

The Magic School Bus: Catches a Wave

The Magic School Bus Wet All Over

Ups And Downs

The Magic School Bus Rocks And Rolls

The Magic School Bus – Super Sports Fun

The Magic School Bus Plays Ball

The Magic School Bus Works Out

The Magic School Bus Shows And Tells

The Magic School Bus – Creepy, Crawly Fun!

The Magic School Bus In The Haunted House

The Magic School Bus Going Batty

The Magic School Bus Spins A Web

The Magic School Bus – Holiday Special

The Magic School Bus Holiday Special

The Magic School Bus In The Rainforest

The Magic School Bus All Dried Up

The Magic School Bus – Takes a Dive

The Magic School Bus Takes a Dive

The Magic School Bus Gets Swamped

The Magic School Bus Goes to Mussel Beach

The Magic School Bus – Sees Stars

The Magic School Bus Sees Stars

The Magic School Bus Gains Weight

The Magic School Bus Goes On Air

Episodes Aired

Episodes

The Magic School Bus: Season 01 (1994)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Lost in Space

The Magic School Bus: Plays Ball (Forces)

The Magic School Bus: Goes to Seed (Seeds)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Ants in its Pants

The Magic School Bus: Kicks Up a Storm (Weather)

The Magic School Bus: For Lunch (Digestion)

The Magic School Bus: Inside Ralphie (Germs)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Eaten (The Food Chain)

The Magic School Bus: Hops Home (Habitat)

The Magic School Bus: Meets the Rot Squad (Decomposition)

The Magic School Bus: All Dried Up (Desert Adaptation)

The Magic School Bus: In the Haunted House (Sound)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Ready, Set, Dough (Kitchen Chemistry)

The Magic School Bus: Season 02 (1994)

The Magic School Bus: Blows Its Top (Volcanoes)

The Magic School Bus: Getting Energized (Energy)

The Magic School Bus: Out of this World (Space Rocks)

The Magic School Bus: Cold Feet (Warm Blooded/Cold Blooded)

The Magic School Bus: Ups and Downs (Floating and Sinking)

The Magic School Bus: Flexes Its Muscles (Body Mechanics)

The Magic School Bus: The Busasaurus (Dinosaurs)

The Magic School Bus: Going Batty (Bats)

The Magic School Bus: Butterfly and the Bog Beast (Butterflies)

The Magic School Bus: Wet All Over (Water)

The Magic School Bus: In a Pickle (Microbes)

The Magic School Bus: Revving Up (Engines)

The Magic School Bus: Taking Flight (Flight)

The Magic School Bus: Holiday Special (Recycling) (1996)

The "Holiday Special" episode of The Magic School Bus focuses on the importance of recycling, and includes guest star Dolly Parton (as the voice of Murph) singing four seasonal tunes by Peter Lurye. Just before school gets out for winter recess, Wanda prepares to attend the Nutcracker by bringing a toy soldier along with her. However, during a class trip to Murph's recycling plant, Wanda's toy gets recycled into bits of plastic. She cannot attend the Nutcracker without her toy, so she places the blame on recycling. Ms. Frizzle whips up a fun activity to teach Wanda the value of recycling, which ends up causing every recycled thing in town to fall apart -- including the magic school bus. The kids must fix the bus in order to get Wanda to the theatre in time to see the Nutcracker. ~ Andrea LeVasseur, Rovi

The Magic School Bus: Season 03 (1996)

The Magic School Bus: In a Beehive (Honeybees)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Planted (Photosynthesis)

The Magic School Bus: In the Rainforest (Rainforest Ecology)

The Magic School Bus: Rocks and Rolls (Water Erosion)

The Magic School Bus: In the Arctic (Heat

The Magic School Bus: Spins a Web

The Magic School Bus: Under Construction (Structures)

The Magic School Bus: Gets a Bright Idea (Light)

The Magic School Bus: Shows and Tells (Archaeology)

The Magic School Bus: Makes a Rainbow (Color)

The Magic School Bus: Goes Upstream (Migration)

The Magic School Bus: Works Out (Circulation)

The Magic School Bus: Season 04 (1997)

The Magic School Bus: Meets Molly Cule (Molecules)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Charged (Electricity)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Programmed (Computers)

The Magic School Bus: In the City (City Critters)

The Magic School Bus: Takes a Dive (Coral Reefs)

The Magic School Bus: Cracks a Yolk (Eggs)

The Magic School Bus: Goes to Mussel Beach (Tidal Zone)

The Magic School Bus: Goes On Air (Air Pressure)

The Magic School Bus: Gets Swamped (Wetlands)

The Magic School Bus: Goes Cellular (Cells)

The Magic School Bus: Sees Stars (Stars)

The Magic School Bus: Gains Weight (Gravity)

The Magic School Bus: Makes a Stink (Smell)

Edited by nestof3

There are 52 episodes and 27 have been released. So, 25 new ones--almost half. Plus, they'll all be in one box.

You can trade the old DVDs in for credit. I received ~$48 for my set since they were still in wonderful condition. The credit posts as a gift card to your Amazon account.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been hoping they would come out with a set so I ordered them. Now only if Bill Nye would come out with a reasonably priced set! I can't justify $20 an episode. I think that's how much they were going for the last time I looked.

Brenda

That does sound good. Magic School Bus is on cable daily though. Are there some episodes in the set that they don't play on TV?

The ones on cable are cut to add more commercials! So you're not getting the entire episode. I'm not sure if they show them all. I was DVRing them for a while to try to catch them all and they did skip several.